(Updated 17th June 2012)
Hi Everypony! Before entering the chat, we would like you to spend just a few short moments reading through the chat rules. We don't want to stop fun - we just want to ensure no pony ever feels threatened or upset while using the chat.
1. No harassment, this includes name calling threats or other unpleasant acts.
2. No impersonating. Do not assume the name of anyone else in the chat. Host names are recorded and monitored by admin staff.
3. No swearing. (We will allow pony 'swears' for example "What they Hay is going on in here").
4. No pornography or sexually explicit artwork or images.
5. No sexually explicit roleplay.
5b. No sexual, graphic/violent or derogative terms or descriptions.
6. No racist or sexist comments or implications.
7. No spoilers of upcoming episodes.
8. No arguing with channel admins/operators.
9. Nickname registration is compulsory. To protect both you and the chat room itself, we require that you register your nickname with NickServ - the instructions are below.
10. Please don't clog the channel with loads of clones. We anticipate that some users will have multiple devices - you can have one clone that is easily identifiable as being under your control. Please do not impersonate other users or unidentifiable users with clones.
11. Please don't repeatedly change your name in the channel. This can spam people's chat clients. Spammers and Trolls also use this as a technique to avoid getting banned.
12. If you wish to advertise something that's an external service, PM a moderator or admin with the link first and wait for their confirmation that it's both safe and OK to post.
13. To prevent nuisances to members in the chat and other dangers, we ask that you do not run bots or scripts in the channel unless they've been pre-approved by the administrators. This includes chat loggers and data harvesters - we are legally required to respect The Data Protection Act (1998) by restricting access/availability to the data collected.
Registering Your Nickname:
1. Think of a password that is at least five characters long and contains no spaces.
2. Type the following in the chatbox, replacing [e-mail address] with a valid e-mail address and [password] with your password, minus the brackets [ ]
/msg NickServ REGISTER [password] [e-mail address]
You will then be prompted for this password when you next enter the chat, preventing anypony else using your nick.
By clicking the 'proceed' button below, you agree to rules listed on this page and also agree that any and all content will be logged for the safety and protection of our members.
Alternatively, use these connection details: