The House Rules - Updated 16th December 2012
House Rules apply to the Forum, Chat and any other services we run.
So that our community stays friendly, fair and safe, the rules are based-around common sense. For the most important areas, as well as the grey ones, we have listed some specifics below...
1. Regrettably, we cannot allow users aged twelve (12) or below to use the site. You must be at least thirteen (13) years of age before you are allowed to register. You may browse the site under the supervision of a responsible parent or guardian.
2. As a family friendly (PG-13) community, we cannot allow any swearing or adult, explicit or "NSFW" (Not Safe For Work) material in any shape or form.
Content refers to vocabulary, topics, images, videos, links and anything else. Unsafe topics include gore, grim-dark, shocking images and anything else that would harm our Safe-For-Work policy.
For clarification on adult content restrictions, please click here.
3. Please do not use [spoiler] tags to hide unsavoury content mentioned in the rules above. Spoiler tags are to be used only as advertised - for spoilers, or to compress the size of a post.
4. No insulting behaviour to any of our members. This can include flaming or trolling - we frown upon both. If you think your post may upset someone, then please refrain from posting it.
5. Please do not post content or links that promote Piracy or infringe on Copyright or Intellectual Property Laws, including Copyrights or IP rights of Hasbro. This includes links to full episodes which are property of Hasbro and DHX media and are not distributed with permission. Short clips may be posted under the intention of the Fair use of copyrighted materials.
6. Please remember, staff who work for The UK of Equestria are doing so on a voluntary basis to give you a nice place to hang out and relax. Please respect them and listen to what they say. They are here to make this a good place for every member.
7. Please refrain from going off-topic, "de-railing" specific topics, or reviving old threads if they have been inactive for more than 14 days. If you have something new to say please create a new thread and have a new conversation.
8. This community maintains a zero-tolerance policy against spam. Spam can be classified as any post that contains unauthorised adverts (e.g. fake watches), off-topic material, content intended to cause distress, intentional repeated submission of the same content, deliberate attempts to boost post count and other non-contributing or irrelevant submissions. De-railment and Necro-posting as detailed above can also be counted as spam.
9. If you see anyone not behaving as they should and breaking any of the rules listed above, please contact a member of staff immediately. DO NOT respond yourself - we call this backseat moderating or "predicting moderation" and would like users to refrain from this. Simply click the report link on the post within the forum, or contact a moderator or admin by starting a new conversation with one.
10. Please only make one account per person. In order to prevent things like database overheads, alternate identities, possible impersonation and skewing of membership statistics, we ask that you do not make any secondary accounts. This rule applies for Roleplaying, changing of Nickname, circumventing Bans, stat-padding or boosting for yourself or other users.
If you would like to create an account for use of or on behalf of a group identity, please contact an administrator first.
N.B. - If you'd like to have a username change, please contact a site administrator, who will then be able to accommodate this.
Our website allows users to create "signatures" to display at the end of each of their posts. House Rules apply as standard. We ask that you also keep to these guidelines for the benefit of our members.
A copy of these guidelines is available on the "edit signature" page when updating your profile.
1. You can have a maximum of 8 lines of text in your signature.
2. Please ensure that the images in your signature are not bigger than 750x150 pixels in size.
One line is equal to around 25 pixels in height. 150 pixels in height will use up 6 lines worth of text.
3. Any images must be no larger than 200kB in size.
4. You may only have one animated GIF image - this must not exceed 200kB.
5. YouTube, Spoilers and other Embeds are not permitted. They slow down browsers and take too much screen space.
6. Any image or content that affects browser loading or performance is not allowed.
Out and About - Meet-up and Event Guidelines (Public Conduct)
If you are intending to head-out to a meet-up or event listed on our site, you should follow these guidelines as listed below. Most of it is common-sense, but responsibility to adhere to these guidelines is solely your own - falling foul of these could result in you being turned-away from any future meet-ups.
I. Individuals under the age of thirteen (13) may only attend public meet-ups when accompanied by a parent or guardian over the age of eighteen (18).
II. Do not hold public meet-ups in a private house or residence. New UK Legislation makes this unlawful.
III(a). Please behave in a manner that is expected of the public location or venue. Please do not be disruptive, or behave in a way to fellow attendees, location/venue staff or the general public (anyone) that is disruptive, disturbing or offensive. Use common-sense here and the Public Order Act (1986) to guide you here.
III(b). Please think twice before attending events for which you are not the advertised or intended audience. Do not attempt to gate-crash children's events - this is purely an offensive and unfriendly act. You need to use common-sense to decide which locations are and are not suitable for organising meetings. This ties into II(a) about not disrupting or disturbing the public.
IV(a). Please do not attempt to purchase, handle or consume controlled substances for which you are under-age or which are illegal without possession of a valid legal license or prescription. This includes the consumption of alcoholic substances by those under the age of eighteen (18).
IV(b). Do not use, possess or supply controlled or illicit substances (Class A, B, C controlled substances) or other contraband (knives, fireworks, explosives, firearms, etc.). Suspected possession of any of these items will result in you being reported to The Police and blacklisted from any future events.