1.   This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2.   Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  3.   Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

5 inch Nightmare Moon toy anyone?

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Sky Dreams, 15 September 2012.

1. StarlightComet

StarlightComet Habitual Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    I was made to buy a book for a class which had 1216 pages and of course didn't really use many pages of it, any knowledge gained from it is now outdated (phased out scripting language). The teacher said at the very least we could use it to club people over the head if attacked down a dark alley. The sad thing is how much books lose their value, especially programming books. These days I just use it as a stand for my PC monitor...

2. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    A friend of mine's uni changed the reading list halfway through the year...after everyone had already bought the entire reading list. Another time they expected them to get copies of a book that was out of print =/ The same happened with A Level. A teacher ranted for a good half hour about how important this book was and then we never used it. Still, I should be able to sell them as new...

3. StarlightComet

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    If they're not programming books, its probably a safer bet the value won't go down too much. There is always new software and programming languages coming out so a £20 book like new with CD, after months of waiting, finally sold for £5.

4. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Ouch. These are Sociology books, that I think likely go out of date pretty fast. The Norton will be an easy sell. I think the newest thing in there is from the 90s =P

5. FlakeTwist

FlakeTwist Space CQC Master

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Moving back to the thread topic (the is a university thread I should link you to in the miscellaneous section), Nightmare Moon is awesome, and if she was more readily available I can see some people making impressive customs out of her.

6. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Oooooh that's true :O I hope they'll make more alicorns like this. I'd like a smaller Celestia and Cadence with these sort of proportions (as the princesses seem to be bigger than the other ponies). I wonder if we'll get some Changelings, too?

7. FlakeTwist

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Hopefully! If not, then I reckon Nightmare Moon would make a really good Chrysalis.

8. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Ooooh she would. I wonder how they would do the holes in her legs and horn, though....hmm.

9. FlakeTwist

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Just a drill, then careful painting.

10. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Ooooh. I hope it wouldn't damage the rest of the plastic. Some materials can crack when drilled and all, then you'd need to sand the hole...Hmm.

11. FlakeTwist

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    I think blind bags are okay. Some of my customs where drilled for the tails.

12. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Ooooh okay :D

13. danspy1994

danspy1994 Sparta Pony

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    Wow, what a find, that's darn awesome, only thing is, Toys 'R' Us and other US retailers that are also in the UK should stock over here as well gosh darn it!

14. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Style Selected:
    Apple
    Maybe we should get a petition together to show Toys R Us that it would be worth bringing them over here? LOL. (Not sure that'd work mind).

Tesco used to stock the Target exclusives but I think whatever deal they had with Target is no longer active as the only thing Tesco have that is a target exclusive was that cardboard castle shaped set that had the shinebright twilight sparkle in it :-/

15. danspy1994

danspy1994 Sparta Pony

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    I think it should just be a standard procedure, Toys 'R' Us should stock the same over here as they do in the US and vice versa, would make it easier for everypony

16. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Style Selected:
    Apple
    It would make it easier but this is the world of retail where very little makes sense ;)

17. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Why would they do that, when they can let US sellers buy them up and sell them at thrice their retail value? =P

18. StarlightComet

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Hasbro UK said in a email to a member here that they weren't bringing the ToysRUs & Target exclusives over here, but that if brand popularity increases there'd be a chance. So maybe first Hasbro have to make it available for UK distribution? Sort of like the situation with the Enterplay cards, for awhile people said they were out in US but couldn't come over here due to no UK distribution rights. Now Enterplay mentioned in an email they were making them available for the UK and retailers would be able to request to order some soon (but dont know it yet), encouraging UK bronies to tell retailers they'd like to see them stock it. Perhaps Hasbro UK first need to make it available here for ToysRUs, Tesco(Target) then bronies could tell retailers to stock it.

Hope that made some sense... :D Anyway I think that the blindbags and brushables sell OK so don't think its doing too bad brand awareness wise, especially with ToysRUs doing that MLP focused deal recently in the UK (buy £25 worth of MLP stuff and get a free brushable). I went into a ToysRUs recently and they'd put ponies near the doors with signage to promote the deal in addition to the usual end aisle space. I doubt they'd take up so much store space for something that isn't selling. I do think if the TV show is broadcasted in a more widely watched timeslot and channel it'd help though too.

doddsy likes this.
  19. doddsy

doddsy Active Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    I really wan't these exclusives but I'm not willing to fork out all the money they ask for on ebay and such!

20. CupidStrikes

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    That's interesting :eek: At least Hasbro are actively watching to see if it's worth it - I know the UK is a lot smaller than the US and all. Hopefully as merchandise becomes more widely available here they'll see their profits rise, especially as they've finally started releasing show-accurate figures :D

doddsy likes this.