1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

GalaCon A Good Day to Gala Hard – GalaCon, 29th-30th July 2017

Discussion in 'Conventions Discussion' started by Silver Broom, 15 January 2017.

1. HypnoHooves

Advice on ticket for galacon. Is it worth getting the plus or even splashing out on the top tickets? what are the queues like?

2. Maz

Maz Honorary Pony

The queue to enter GalaCon was fairly long, stretching out quite far, but once they start letting people in it moves quickly - you simply show your photo ID and they issue your badge. It's worth noting that the priority and regular queues use different entrances and start admission at the same time (or at least they did in 2014 and 2015), which means people arriving for the regular queue earlier may beat premium ticket holders into the event. After the initial rush in the morning, there's no more queue jumping or reserved seating for the middle tier tickets, unlike the top tier ticket which gives you reserved front-row seating in the main hall.

In 2014 and 2015 I had a basic ticket and overall enjoyed queuing with friends, but for this year I've opted for the middle tier ticket so I don't have to get up so early!!

HypnoHooves likes this.
  3. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Re: Plus/Bizzaam… if you want to financially support the con, or want the goodies with those tickets (e.g. t-shirt / figurine / exclusive signing session), then fine, but I would not rely on the separate queue as a major benefit.
    • Check-in usually starts an hour before the opening ceremony - you won't miss anything if you're not first in.
    • The regular queue moves quickly as there are more staff there, and they are giving the same things to everyone.
    • There is no priority entry on the Sunday - you just show your badge to get in.
    Pro-Tip: if one person buys multiple tickets on behalf of a group, only the purchaser has to queue and show ID to collect the badges. If the transaction includes at least one Plus/Bizzaam ticket then all of the tickets in the transaction can be collected at the same time from the priority queue. ;)

4. moody magpie

moody magpie 75% done with football!

A couple more guest have just been confirmed. The first is supervising director "Big Jim" Miller (Aka the voice of King Sombra and Troubleshoes) the other is storyboard artist and assistant director Katrina Hadley.

fiddlepony and mlpbronypony like this.
  5. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

and that's me booked.

Galacon 2017 is GO GO GO!!

6. moody magpie

A few more guest have been confirmed in the form of Michelle Creber aka the voice of Applebloom and her partner in crime Black Gryph0n will be attending.

mlpbronypony and Maz like this.
  7. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

Sweet, they did Galacon 2 years ago as well.

I have noticed that Bronyfair has been cancelled mind you, which is a little bit disappointing.. Was hoping to make 2 trips to Germany this year.. Oh well.

8. moody magpie

Just out curiosity how much do guest usually charge for autographs?

9. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Since 2014, the autograph vouchers have been 5 euros each for all guests. I'm assuming it will be the same deal this year.

Unlike at some other cons, it is GalaCon that is really paying the guests to sign autographs, rather than the attendees directly. The autographs used to be free for all attendees but they introduced a small fee to avoid the queues getting too out of hand.

For Bizaam ticket holders there is an exclusive signing session which is included in the ticket price.

HypnoHooves likes this.