1.   This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2.   Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Any information on Boomerang showing Ponies?

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by EpicCoco, 26 June 2012.

1. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Star-Lord

Yeah, it would be good to see The Hub launched over here, though I don't really know much about any of their other shows, just what I've seen of that gods awful ... thing before FiM (has anyone seen Pound Puppies?? Any good, looks like it could potentially be quite amusing from the ads I've seen) As a channel, it can't be any worse that what we have for shows like that over here now.

2. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

Style Selected:
    Night
    expected as much, its really a shame at how little makes its way over here

3. Lincoln Philosopony

Lincoln Philosopony Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

Style Selected:
    Night
    thanks same to you mate

4. Callum Browne

Callum Browne Believes he's awesome!

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Hey guys! There's a petition just set up on change.org (English UK). It's called "Cartoon Network UK Bring back My Little Pony Friendship is Magic" by Luke K. Go to that petition (search "my little pony" and keep going through the results until you find said petition) and sign it if you want MLP FIM to come back on. Go and spread the word!

5. danspy1994

danspy1994 Sparta Pony

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    The Hub UK
    Hmm, sounds catchy... make it happen!

Aurum Noble likes this.
  6. WillTheBrony

WillTheBrony Pony

Style Selected:
    Hearth's Warming
    I prefer to watch it on the internet or on my xbox on the youtube app; that way it's easy to see it but it would be quite cool if they showed it on Boomerang again; I and one of my freien ds watched some episodes on demand because it was on Boomerang at like, 2am! xD

7. Callum Browne

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    You know what really burns me up with unshowable rage! Not only do Boomerang not show MLP FIM for a long while. They have also taken off the minisite for it. That is, as the Earl of Lemongrab would say, UNACCEPTABLLLLLLLE! Wouldn't you guys agree?

Sonicrainboom_BOOM likes this.
  8. Derpmuffin

Derpmuffin Letting people down is my thing, baby

Style Selected:
    Night
    It went off at, like, the 5th of March. And the kicker? It's still showing in Austrailia. It changed times a bit, thought. Here, it only showed half of the first season, then promised a 'new season' at the end of 2011 (I had no idea of this, so I was wondering why it was advertised twice, the first time I wasn't a brony), which turned out to be the second half. They also continued to change times, so I believe people from Hasbro may have taken it off or Boomerang, the latter being most likely, and it may soon be shown somewhere else. It's shown in cartoon network in some places.

9. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

It'll be a matter of time when The Hub comes to the UK.

I think it's a sign.

10. Callum Browne

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    CN just said to me they no longer have the rights to MLP FIM, but to keep an eye out to see if any other channel picks it up. Which channel should be good for the show?

11. Ripp_

Ripp_ Part time kitty.

Style Selected:
    Apple
    I thought it was always the hubs

Actally if no UK distrubritor has the rights maybe the hub can do it in the UK over the magic of the internet

12. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Star-Lord

I'm pretty sure I've read that Hasbro and The Hub have no intention of launching a channel over here - at least for the foreseeable future.

However, if Boomerang have truly lost the rights to the show (and about time if you ask me) this is potentially very good news for us as it means they're now available for other stations who might treat the show with a bit more respect. Now would be a good time to start contacting some other stations - CBBC, CITV, Channel 5 etc. to let them know that we want to see it on screen. There's clearly a massive audience for it and should bring them some decent viewing figures, would be even better if it was shown at a time the target audience could see it as well.

13. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Style Selected:
    Apple
    It looks like it may well have lost the rights. I can't find it on its 'shows' section on the website and the only page that is still accessible http://www.boomerangtv.co.uk/shows/my-little-pony/tv-guide ) now has the synopsis of Dexter's Laboratory on it for some bizzarre reason.

I hope CBBC pick it up. They'd likely give it a reasonable time slot and get more attention to the show over here. Plus they trailer their children's shows on bbc1/bbc2 , unlike ITV who don't even seem to be bothering with their main channel anymore, never mind CITV that doesn't appear to have changed anything much for years and is never advertised on itv1. If BBC don't pick it up I'd far prefer Channel 5 over ITV.

That'd be nice though it wouldn't gain the show more attention over here like tv would. They already put the eps up on their website for US viewers so making it worldwide wouldn't be difficult with that already in place. Just depends on the guidelines for broadcasting them outside of the US. (I don't know much about the way US TV licensing works compared to ours mind).

Last edited: 15 October 2012
  14. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Star-Lord

I think the BBC would be one of the better choices for getting FiM back on the TV over here.

I did a bit of digging around over on the BBC website and found out that this is the person who's in charge of commissioning and acquiring programmes for CBBC, so she might be the best person to contact regarding FiM.

15. nerdowl

Style Selected:
    Apple
    If I see my nextdoor neighbour's son at any point I may be able to see whether there's anyone he can get in touch with direct as he plays Mr Maker on cbeebies. Guess you could call this my claim to fame lol. :oops: Unfortunately I don't see him around much at all nowadays, (nor have I talked to them about FiM before so I may not get the courage to ^^;; ), he's busy funnily enough. :(

As that's very unlikely though maybe our best choice is to set up a petition form and get everyone here to sign it and then send it to the email of the CBBC commissioner? It's a long shot but may be worth a go.

16. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

I think things would have changed now, since I've heard tiny rumours about The Hub wanting to test waters in the UK for a European launch, and that things would've changed since the last time they stated 'no intention'.

As much as it would be good to see MLP on FTA terrestrial, I think there might be problems with that: the BBC's anti-commercial stance (which prevents children's TV that might be construed to be advertising toys from being aired), and the way CITV advertises their programming, but Channel 5 (perhaps just before prime-time, but after school-time, where the target audience would be likely to be home) does seem to be an ideal candidate. However, I am a bit sceptical about the idea, since, from personal experience years ago, I've seen programming being looped over-and-over again, without real continuity, and I'm worried that if any terrestrial channel picks up MLP, they'll show the same episodes over and over again.

17. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Star-Lord

As much as I agree that it would be awesome to see the channel launch over here rumour and conjecture are a far cry from having any sort of confirmation, so I wouldn't put too much hope in that.
    Lol, cool claim to fame ;)

Sadly, though, petitions hold very little weight over things such as this - online petitions especially. Speaking from experience, the best course of action is contacting the right people directly either through letters or email, petitions are much to easy to forge and are therefore hardly even taken notice of.

18. nerdowl

Style Selected:
    Apple
    Ahh yeah that makes sense :(

Maybe we should all write to Points of View about our thoughts of a currently airing program and add PS it would be awesome if your great children's channel picked up MLP:FIM. Yes... I know I'm crazy. I'm just wary of going the letters route direct to the person because they may not even get as far as that person depending on how things are set up. As to email I guess it would depend on how often they check their email and I'm not sure they'd appreciate 100s of separate emails. :-/ Maybe I'm just being cynical. xD;;

19. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Star-Lord

You're right that when it comes to sending letters and emails there's a fine line between being enthusiastic and annoying, lol!

That being said, sending letters is definitely the best way to get anyone's attention when it comes to things like this. Letter have to be opened by someone (most likely by that person secretary) but if enough people send the same thing it's eventually going to pop up on someone important's radar. Emails on the other hand can be blocked, so while the first few may get through to where they were supposed to the rest may end up in a spam folder.

20. jennytablina

jennytablina Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Actually the kids channels and blocks are not too bad for this, Pokemon will always run in episodic order as will any other episodic show. It's more that kids channels in UK tend to burn thru a season of a series VERY quickly as, while in US a show will air one new ep a week, UK channels tend to opt for simply running a new episode every weekday. So if you watch an episode and then skip off for a week or so - odds are they'll have cycled back to the last episode you saw. It doesn't help that usually the season is split in the same way a US one is, so you get ages of repeats till they eventually decide to show the next load of episodes.

CITV are maybe our best bet, as they treat their shows pretty well. They've been remarkably better at looking after Pokemon than Disney have been on the Jagex channel. Plus it's available on Freeview which allows more fans to see the show on TV too.

Also ITV1 does actually advertise CITV, they did so a number of times during the summer, though they tend to big up the preschool shows and classic stuff more than the new stuff they show like Redikai and Pokemon Black and White.