1.   This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2.   Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

B.U.C.K. 2012 - Manchester

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Gumri, 6 February 2012.

How much money are you willing to spend and/or bring with you?

1. The minimum for the hostel, maybe with a little bit extra.

14 vote(s)
    25.9%
  2. Lets do everything! I want this to be as fun as I can make it! All of my money!

40 vote(s)
    74.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumri

Gumri Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Hey United Kingdom! B.U.C.K. (the Brony UK Convention) is an exciting new brony event that will soon be coming to Manchester on the 17/18th of August.
    Pominator, Pawn Heart and KwakLad like this.
  2. Alteran

Alteran Loves Toothless the Dragon

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Thanks for posting this here - it will be nice to try and gauge people's feedback.
  3. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Woah that's way earlier than I expected a UK Bronycon to come. WAY earlier. WAY WAY WAY earlier.

Is there any point in offering my assistance with anything as Mr. Denegoth has been doing ANY TIME UK Bronycon is mentioned? Because I would so help. With anything.
  4. Little Emerald

Little Emerald On your left

Style Selected:
    Apple
    Oh my GOSH! Like I said before: Can I help host this?
  5. TallBrony91

TallBrony91 Well-Known Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    ......Woah I know I said you never know we might get our own Bronycon sometime in the future but just......WOW that was fast. XD

I've just checked my work schedule for April (yay for being at work at the moment XD), and i've got that weekend off HOORAH!!!!! :D
    If you need help with anything for the con, I to will gladly lend a hoof. :D
  6. Saturn

Saturn Delightfully yellow

Style Selected:
    Night
    Hullo ponies! I am Saturn, the showrunner of this con, and I come bearing important information that I feel was unintentionally misrepresented by Gumri (shakes an adorable hoof)!

Firstly, we're nothing to do with BroNYcon, just in case there's any confusion over that. Our con is called B.U.C.K, which stands for Brony UK Convention ('Kay?).

Secondly, we don't have a confirmed venue yet, but we're trying to get the best deal possible for you guys. I know you're all so very excited, but please don't go booking at the hostel just yet! Accommodation will be included in the price. Once we have a venue, I'll post up a link to somewhere you can by tickets. There will be a website by then.

I just wanted to post this up before there were any misunderstandings. All of us on the con committee are completely new to this, but hopefully we can give you the con Great Britain so desperately deserves!

Hugs all round,
    Saturn

P.S. Don't worry, we won't administer beatings to Gumri, but we may be forced to withhold hugs (boo), but not for long (yay).
    Pawn Heart, Denegoth and TallBrony91 like this.
  7. Ripp_

Ripp_ Flying raspberries

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    WHY HAVE I NOT HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BEFORE!?
    PLUS I WANT TO SEE SOME CREDENTAILS, PLEASE TELL ME YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING
    /royal canterlot voice
  8. TallBrony91

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    B.U.C.K.
    ......I like it already. :D

Really awesome to see you and your team of awesome Bronies in the Con Committee creating a Brony Convention for the UK, hats off to you and your team good sir. :D

As I said before if you need any help with getting things ready for the BIG weekend or anything else at all, I will gladly come up north and lend you and your team a hoof. :)
  9. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Pretty much this. Helping with a brony convention would just be absolutely fantastic; giving back to the community and all.
    TallBrony91 likes this.
  10. Ripp_

Ripp_ Flying raspberries

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    This is like the IRC all over again when everypony (me included) where offering all they could to make a con work.
    Denegoth likes this.
  11. Saturn

Style Selected:
    Night
    We're in the preliminary stages of organisation at the moment, and this is the first time we're actually saying anything about it in publis. There will be a website soon with more details.

We're all new to organising events like this, but some of us have been to conventions before, so we have a general gist of how we want to run it. I hope this doesn't put you off; we're a dedicated team who want to bring together awesome people for an awesome weekend.
    KwakLad and TallBrony91 like this.
  12. Ripp_

Ripp_ Flying raspberries

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    Word to the wise - I think you've left it too late you have apx 2.5 months to do this, So I hope you have most of it planned allready.
    Also if you have no experience maybe start smaller. I'm not trying to put you guys down or anything but I really don't want to see brony con uk fall short of the massive expectations people will have for it.
  13. TallBrony91

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    I totally agree with you there man, and plus seeing everyone having a good time as well, it always make me happy to see people smiling, having a great time and chatting to one and other at conventions and meetups. :)
  14. Saturn

Style Selected:
    Night

To be honest, what we really need now is community input on what you would like to see in the con. Also, who you would like to see at the con, in terms of panels, etc.! We've kinda drawn up a blank on this front, because most (in)famous bronies are not in the UK, as is everyone involved with the creation of the show. So far as horsepower (hehe) goes, we have 5 people on the committee right now, and aren't really looking for any more, but if you have some experience or skill that you think would help us, please get in touch!
  15. Ripp_

Ripp_ Flying raspberries

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    I highly recomend chatting to the staff here who recentlly held a medium sized meet (70-90) in London.

Other than that the only other thing I can recommend is looking up the term "biting off more than you can chew" Remember bronycon is goign to to expected to be massive, you do realise you will be expect to advertise massivly and reach nearly all the UK bronies most of whom will then come.

So just be prepared. Very Very prepared.
  16. Saturn

Style Selected:
    Night

Wise words. We were thinking of running it later, but thought it'd be good to have it run through the day of the last episode. Again, this date is not set in stone at the moment, and if we find that our plan is infeasible, we'll push the date back to a more Summery time.

Also, we thought about having a smaller brony meetup to start with, rather than a full-blown con, but to be honest, our plans for both were pretty similar, so it just came down to a matter of nomenclature. We're trying to be ambitious with this, and I believe we're enthusiastic, organised, and unjaded enough to be able to pull it off.
  17. Ripp_

Ripp_ Flying raspberries

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    Ok but be ready, because the staff here kept reasuring us they would be room in that pub, first thing I mention on entering "I Told them it would be too small"
    Remember the higher you build a perch the further you fall.
  18. AlternativePony

AlternativePony Bad Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Hey Gumri, ScootaChicken from BronyState here. This looks like a great idea, I'll be sure to go, hope you guys can pull it off (mind you, you have Saturn so things should go swimmingly)
  19. Klayking

Klayking Pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Oh man, count me in! Manchester is close! I'd love to attend a large scale meetup!
  20. Skittys

Skittys Permanently Banned

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    We need bronycon 2012 London. Just sayin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.