1.   This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2.   Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Past Bronies at Eurogamer - 30th September 2012

Discussion in 'Previous Meets' started by Spyker, 14 September 2012.

1. Spyker

Spyker Engineer Pony

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Discussion thread here

Where?
    Earl's Court Exhibition Centre London. (Outside on the steps)

[​IMG]

When?
    Sunday 30th September

Tickets
    Tickets here

What is Happening?
    Morning meet - For those who want to come early we can meet in the early queue at about 9:30 (queue length gets ridiculous after then) for entry at 10:00 and be first to jump on the games that you will have to wait 3 hours for later in the day.

Lunch meet - 13:00 - 14:00 Time to nosh on some overpriced expo food or most likely we will jump to somewhere outside the centre to get some cheaper food and meet up with those who have afternoon tickets.

Evening meet - sometime after 18:00 depending on how much we do we will go to a nearby restaurant, I know there is a GBK and Nandos close by but there are plenty more and I'm sure we can do traditional UK brony and find a spoons somewhere.

I understand people will want to go off together and try out different games from everyone else so these meets times are for us to regroup and stick together for an hour or two and enjoy the expo together as bronies before we go our separate ways during the day before dinner in the evening.

There is also a cosplay competition so details here if you want to enter

If anyone is late, lost or just wants to pop in and see what is going on I will have my phone on me so PM me for my number and we can arrange meet with you.

P.S. I will also be there on the Saturday as I have a press pass so would be cool to meet some people then too.

What is Eurogamer?

The Eurogamer Expo is from the 27th to the 30th September and is the UK's only gaming consumer expo, this means its for people who actually buy the games as end users.

If you haven't been to the Expo before its a chance to see and play the latest games in development before release (see the website for more) you also get to talk to the developers, directors and voice actors of the games, there is also lots of gaming swag to be had, people on stands will literally throw t-shirts at you and people give out lots of ingame content, free DLC and most importantly Beta keys. This is the biggest consumer gaming show in the UK and I heartily recommend it.

Pics from my visit last year (yay Nolan North)​