1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Derp moments

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cloudane, 27 September 2013.

1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I bought a number of bottled beers to drink tonight, first one being raspberry.

For the past half hour I've been mindlessly picking it up and taking a swig and thinking "my tastebuds are used to the raspberry now I guess, I can't taste it any more, it's a shame that happens". Just as I got to the end, I remembered I was on my second bottle, which is just normal beer, and I finished the raspberry one over an hour ago!

Tell us your moments that would make even the blonde pony do a facehoof

DerpyWhooves and sleumas2000 like this.
  2. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Every time I try to do directions

AlexAlexAlex likes this.
  3. Smarty Paws

Smarty Paws Clumsy unicorn and Grant's Cuddle Bunny

... Oh I got one. I made myself a bowl of rice krispies for breakfast. Around lunch time, I decided I wanted a pot noodle. I opened the cuboard and found the bottle of milk in it. Then I realized that I accidentally put it in there instead of the fridge after I had finished with it in the morning.

And then there was the time when I was going to college. This was before I had my own house key. You see, I borrowed my brother's house key to lock myself out and then I posted the key through the letterbox. However, on this day I had locked myself out and I was still holding my slippers in my hand. So, I had to post my slippers through the letterbox.

I can't forget that time I got lost in the woods either. It was my usual dog walking route for me and my dog. Except, this time I decided to do it walking the other way around starting from the woods. But I forgot which path I was supposed to go on. So, I walked onto the wrong path and got lost for two hours with the dog. I forgot to take my mobile phone with me. So, I asked the dog to find the right path and it ended up that she led me to safety. So, it was kind of like the dog walking me. The funny thing is I've lived in this town all of my life and I still manage to get lost!

4. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

Today I successfully stubbed my toe on the floor. Due to formerly having been extremely prone to toe-stubbings, my toes are now rock-hard and can withstand all sorts of pain.

5. Rio

Rio I think you're the worst.

The other day I mistook the gravy jar for coffee. Gravy is nice an all but not good enough to wake me up in the morning :p

6. SmartyShy

SmartyShy Katie's huggie bear and Guardian Angel

Well this one time... At band camp xD

Yesterday evening a customer told me they didn't have their rewards card with them before I started scanning their shopping, when I finished I asked them for their rewards card*

*I can't really be blamed I was working a 13 1/2 hour shift last night so...

7. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

This one sticks right out in my head for years. I waved my hands about in the air and the next thing I know I smash a light bulb with my pinkie. Under a ceiling lamp, switched on, no cuts or burns. Dumbfounded that something as delicate as my little finger can break a light bulb.

8. Cloudane

APPLE BLOOM!!!

ab-hoof-in-mouth.jpeg

Pony plushes are not for smashing things with :I

Erravi, Pointless and Corduroy Road like this.
  9. Captain Fezz

Captain Fezz The Captain's on deck!

Its not too much a "derp moment" but a recurring derpy habit o' mine is attempting to adjust/fiddle with my tie when I aint wearing one, force of habit I guess but to do it when I'm not even wearing a shirt? Good job brain

10. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

when i there used to be a stair gate at the bottom of the stairs for my brother i used to just jump over and on a number of occasions i got impatient and jumped a few extra stairs resulting me head butting the ceiling which lead to landing face first on the hallway floor, surprised i didnt learn from the first time it happened.

#10 Eiro, 4 October 2013
    Last edited: 4 October 2013
    Sweet Tale likes this.
  11. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I was once driving on the road, and I distracted myself by looking at something at the side of the road, when I looked back, I was moving out into the central reservation between myself and oncomming traffic. That could have ended badly...

12. Tak

Tak In love with a star gazing fool

Forgetting to eat and only having carrot and cucumber juice on the day you're due to give blood - nice going Tak *oops*

Guess I'll see how good juicing is as a meal replacement option ...

13. Smarty Paws

Smarty Paws Clumsy unicorn and Grant's Cuddle Bunny

The other morning after having only three hours of sleep, I walked up to the bathroom mirror and my brain hadn't quite processed that the person inside of it was a reflection. I started having a conversation with my reflection. It went something like this. "How'd you get inside that box thing? ....So, you don't talk at all, but you mimic me. Wait a minute, you look like me and that means you can't answer me because you are just a reflection." I felt so stupid afterwards.

Spencer75, Tibbs, Pointless and 2 others like this.
  14. Cloudane

I've yet to have a morning so bad I'm not even sentient, thankfully :)

15. blissfully✮oblivious

blissfully✮oblivious Supreme Commander, Cat, My own rule 63, etc.

I plugged my phone in to let it charge a couple of hours ago. Of course, I didn't turn it on at the socket.

16. Joesephius

Joesephius Josyposy

How to cut a bread roll
    Step 1: take bread knife
    Step 2: take bread roll
    Step 3: hold bread roll in hand and cut in half with knife using a sawing motion towards the palm of the hand
    Step 4: Stop the bleeding and bandage hand.
    Next time... How to cook pasta.

Titan295 and Cloudane like this.
  17. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

There's this loose floorboard on the landing which I tripped over once before. I still can't remember it's there and trip over it daily xD

18. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

Rolling on my ankle. Happens too often for my liking. :oops:
    Oh yeah, I did this and ended up having to have my hand stitched because it was cut open entirely so you could see the pink stuff(TM, proper medical term) beneath. Not recommended.

19. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

I have just done, what I think, is the biggest derp moment I have ever done.

I got out of bed and reached for me deodorant can and sprayed it under my arm...only to be met with an odd smell and a rather odd sensation. Then I look at the can...IT WAS SHAVING GEL! xD

DerpyWhooves, Pointless and Pigasus like this.
  20. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Were you tempted to shave your armpit so the gel didn't go to waste? :p