1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Do you ever find ponies in chairty shops or at carboot sales?

Discussion in 'My Little Pony G1-G3 Merch' started by pinkkittywinks, 10 December 2014.

1. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

I found these in the Acorns shop in Halesowen today - £1.49 each:

RetroDVDs.jpg

The G1 DVD seems to be a different one than it says on the box, but that's ok.

RetroDVD.jpg

I'll be interested to see what the dreaded G3.5 was like in the year before FiM too.

Loganberry and Mane25 like this.
  2. HopelessMagic

HopelessMagic New Pony

I recently found a Chocolate Delight Sippin' Soda pony at a yard sale for a dime. Of course, that was in the US.

Also...what is a car boot sale? I thought the boot was the trunk but I'm certain no one is selling items out of their trunk. We have yard sales. Is that basically the same thing?

3. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Yes, yes they are. I haven't been to many myself, but I think you have the boot open and set it up like a little sale table, or take a table and put it in front of the car.

4. HopelessMagic

HopelessMagic New Pony

So, you don't have sales in yards ever? Why in your car? Doesn't seem like you'd fit much in there.

5. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Usually there are dozens (sometimes hundreds) of cars that bring stuff to sell at a car boot sale, it usually takes place in a field somewhere, it's a big event, not just one person selling things. I've never encountered a yard sale.

6. DerpyWhooves

I've seen yard sales in the UK, though I don't think I've seen it since I was a kid. I wonder if there are laws against it?

Yeah, car boot sales are held in fields or other areas like car parks. People park their cars there and put a table out behind the car. The things aren't literally sold out of the boots, though maybe they were when car boot sales were first thought of.

I remember going to a boot sale with my parents when I was about 10 (in a church car park, I think) and getting a little set of shelves. I still have them, complete with the burn mark from burning a candle on them when I was about 12 :oops:

7. HopelessMagic

HopelessMagic New Pony

Wow I never thought to take yard sales for granted. I've never seen a car boot sale. Now I want to visit and go to one.

Usually we have yard sales and community sales. In a community sale, the entire neighborhood puts stuff for sale on their front lawns, in their garages and on the sidewalks and you park your car wherever you can and walk through. Depending on the size of the community, it might take you a few hours. This is one I'm going to this weekend:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/940177626097519/?notif_t=event_aggregate&notif_id=1464269746539652

8. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

9. nerdowl

Found some G3 Ponys in a charity shop today! (£6 for the lot)

image.jpeg

Mane25 and DerpyWhooves like this.
  10. DerpyWhooves

Ooh, good find! I particularly like the butterfly one - Wind Drifter I believe.

11. nerdowl

Yeah since posting I've looked the names up. They are (from top-bottom left-right):-

Cherry Blossom
    Magically Marigold
    Wind Drifter
    Bumblesweet
    Fluttershy

:)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  12. DerpyWhooves

I got my own Wind Drifter yesterday, with two Cheerilees. My niece's old ones :)

G3s500px.jpg

I found a G3.5 in the hospice shop in Dudley last week too, Mom Pie (Pinkie's mum):

MomPie500px.jpg

fiddlepony, nerdowl and Mane25 like this.
  13. nerdowl

Nice finds! Although that G3.5 is creeping me out. ^^;;

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  14. DerpyWhooves

I think she's quite cute! Though her small ears are weird. I like the G3.5 toys but the cartoon is weird-looking.

15. DerpyWhooves

I've just bought a Ribbon Hair Pinkie brushie from the same shop! There was a TY keychain Pinkie too.

16. fiddlepony

fiddlepony Well-Known Pony

There is a stall on lymington market which is great for ponies of all gens although it can be a bit pricey

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  17. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'm not a G3 collector, but when you see Sweetie Belle for 59p in a charity shop, what else can you do? :p

G3SweetieBelle.jpg

DerpyWhooves and fiddlepony like this.
  18. Joshywooful

Joshywooful Discord HypeSquad Member

I work as a volunteer at my local BHF clothes shop and I've seen plenty of MLP stuff come in.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  19. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

All I can say is that round here (north Worcs) it's very rare. Even really common stuff like Ty plushies hardly ever turns up. The smallest charities tend to be the best bet, since they don't have the resources to siphon anything vaguely interesting off to eBay before it reaches the shelves like Oxfam and co do. :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  20. DerpyWhooves

You're probably right there, though I did find G3.5 Pinkie Pie (daughter of the Mom Pie I found last year) in Barnardo's. I did wonder if they were from the same set (they came together with a car, I believe) but they had different years on their hooves so probably not.