1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Furries

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Mysticolt, 7 March 2013.

1. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

Not more human-like than Frank Sidebottom with ears and a tail? :p

[​IMG]

Open Book likes this.
  2. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Thats me booked in for Confuzzled this year. Anybody else attending?

3. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

You know I am!
    I'm also thinking of heading to Berlin for Eurofurence in August (though the hotel system seems to be harder than CFZ). We'll see what happens.

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  4. Open Book

In the meantime. Prepare to RAVE! (If that's your thing)
    (A few people I recognise here)

Biker-Brony likes this.
  5. Corduroy Road

Not me. I attended last year with the benefit of seeing Bridle and Rubyhoof, but honestly I felt like a fish out of water at a furry con. You have fun there.

6. Ialyrn Aeloria

Ialyrn Aeloria The Unknown Entity

Me and @Shutterbug are thinking about it, but we will possibly only go for a day.

7. Stormblaze

Stormblaze Purple song pone

i think i'll be staying away from CFz, but maybe one year I'll get an attending only ticket just for doing the dealers den and auction... maybe for old times sake go to Swolf's Cheesey dance.

im only doing furry artwork as my connection to this community, but its also the only place i'd get away with selling NSFW pony art too. Now I have a print deal, it may need some consideration. but it wont happen for like at least 2 years. Theres a lot of people I dont ever want to see again that regular at CFz, so I'd only be there for the den during the day.

8. Corduroy Road

My hope for CF is to contribute things for the gallery / artists auction like last year. My art range for anthros is limited so crafts would be a grand option. I'm now looking for inspiration.

9. Open Book

As if one con wasn't enough (and it clearly isn't) guess who's just registered to Eurofurence, Berlin? This year's gonna be awesome!

10. Open Book

Well, got my plane to Eurofurence sorted today. So good. Bad news is the hotel bookings are chaotic, so should be going on the waiting list otherwise I will have to go for a nearby hotel when I can afford it (less than 2 weeks)

11. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Eeek, good luck mate and have a great time. Sure you will be able to get a hotel near if you can't get in there.

12. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Figured this was as good a place as any to showcase the latest piece of art I've had commisioned of my fursona. The first piece of anthro art I've had made of him, and in turn my first piece of Zootopia fandom related art. I love it to pieces.

Attached Files:

Bexy164 likes this.
  13. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

I am here looking for advice.
    Fursuit advice.
    I'm really interested in getting a partial fursuit of my fursona made, and was wondering if you guys knew any decent 'toony' style fursuit makers that wouldn't be too expensive and maybe UK based so the postage is cheaper. I have found one guy who looks really good, but his commissions don't open until November and I'd possibly like to get one made over the summer (or at least earlier in the year) so I could use it later for conventions from September onwards

14. Stormblaze

youve asked at the wrong time of year really, all the main fursuit makers are busy with ConFuzzled and this is the start of con season x.x
    I have a good friend down in Plymouth who does great quality fursuits but I dont know what her commissions are like at the moment - she's KloofSuits. I doubt she will be off to CFz either. She does a mix of toony and realistic suits and has always been affordable with her prices.

Bexy164 likes this.
  15. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

Any idea what the price range for partials from her is? And does she have a website?

16. Stormblaze

Bexy164 likes this.
  17. Open Book

I have had to make a difficult decision.
    To prepare for this year's confuzzled, I am planning a costume I will be wearing on the floor, but as fur suits take a lot of effort to commision and all that, I chose to get a mask. This was professionally made from airbrushed latex and took about 2.5 months to get. I am still happy with the high quality and the effect when I look at it, but, I've wondered whether going to Cf in that would be a good idea. There is a potential, I feel, of getting embarrassed even ridiculed, just because it not being a "typical fur suit head". The more I think about it. I feel that I should wait till Halloween when this would look more "acceptable". These are my own thoughts. I should wait a few years and get a proper suit as I now have a feline sona. So, I think at the moment, I will ditch the mask and just wear the tail that is coming.

Attached Files: