1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

How many bronies are actually gay or bi?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by SirRedNulwich, 2 May 2013.

1. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

You have just put into words the problem I have with these fancy do's. My city held its annual Pride event last yesterday, not that it was a priority of mine. I passed through it on the way to the hospice I volunteer at, stopping on the way and back for a pint to stimulate the feeling of "meh, good for them." Two year's before, I did the same business sans drinking, and got worked up how everybody were soaking up the atmosphere.

The real problem is, I'm not good at networking or keeping face to face connections, or how most people within my age group already have an edge over me. There's a will in those people to show off that extraversion in public and my closest pals live quite far to keep up with the social fare regularly than I do being a face on a computer monitor.

I could make somebody an awesome partner if only I have the chance.

2. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

I know this thread hasn't been posted in for a while, but I thought I might as well try and join in if that's ok

I think I may be at least asexual (nudity is weird ok) and I guess bi-curious for now. I'd probably rather try dating someone of same sex at the moment now though. I have noticed I do tend to find female bodies (fully clothed) more aesthetically pleasing so that is the entirety of my evidence towards it

3. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

I re-evaluated a little on this one. Although I'd still class as the bi side it seems to be more Pansexual is the way I feel about people. As gender or looks don't really matter to me. I feel more attracted to peoples personality and this has been working out quite well recently.
    Heres to a new year of discovery. Cheers for opening it up again @Bexy164 and I hope you find what your looking form.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Well it's also rather offensive to use the word trap, at least every trans friend I have is pretty upset by people using it so, maybe if you do talk to them, don't say that.

It can be confusing, I'm straight but I've had more than one crush on a MtF friend, they still tease me about it occasionally. But at the end of the day it's still an attraction to a woman.

Cuttleshock likes this.
  5. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

As a demigender male that does mix and match gender clothing, it's no less insulting. It was a term coined by cismales with fragile egos who think people only do it to "get" them out of some sort of spite. It's really not polite to use it.

6. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

It's not "political", it's just people's lives. We don't do it to be someone else's fetish.

7. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

I need a friend with benefit, and I need it before my boring life resumes in the summer.

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

We all do...

Corduroy Road likes this.
  9. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

That moment where one half of you is "this is why I'm in the closet" and the other half is "this is why if I had a backbone I'd put my cards on the table right now"

Out with the crew and one of them is talking about some event and that a room was open for sharing, sleeping on the floor, whatever.
    "But.. J? He's gay! Sharing a sleeping space ey ey be careful lol"
    I mean
    They're friends and it's light hearted etc but it still makes you feel like you'd be somewhat unwelcome in the same sleeping space as other males if they know your sexuality, or they'd avoid inviting you (which I've seen)

I was >< this close to just coming out as bi and explaining that I have actually known since I was about 15 and in the 19 years since have not raped anyone nor know of any disproportionate figures of rapes from homosexuals but one of the others beat me to the "he's not a rapist" comment. It was still like 5-10 minutes of "lol gay people all want to have sex with everyone" bantz. Very uncomfortable. Of course if you point this out nowadays you get dismissed as "an SJW". ,

People are surprised at the voice the right wing has gained recently but talking to ordinary people offline - I'd say our leftie stuff is still very much the minority. "They're just saying what everyone else is thinking!" was dismissed as a bigoted comment but I'm getting more and more convinced that it's sadly true.
    Being anything other than straight is still seen as abnormal and the only reason it's not vocalised outside the pub is that the left have had control of laws and communication rules for so long.

#1389 Cloudane, 5 February 2017
    Last edited: 5 February 2017
    CrikeyoRilley, MCtoastie and Kemaiku like this.
  10. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

Soooo, it appear I now have a boyfriend.

Although we're both bi, but whatevs.

11. Bexy164

Bit of an update for me I guess?
    I'm pretty sure I'm asexual now.
    This somewhat confirmation comes from the fact that I've been talking to other and realising how differently they look at things. I'd never really thought about it much, but the idea that people see people just randomly and there's like an attraction there was just a strange idea to me. I don't quite know how to describe it, but its just something I don't really understand. I do see people and think they look aesthetically pleasing, but nothing more than that.
    Also I tried having a girlfriend. It lasted 3 days. She told me she felt she couldn't really date a girl. I'm over it.
    Wouldn't mind trying dating again sometime, maybe it could be more successful

12. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants MagiKing Crimson

That's great you've tried things and feel a bit clearer about what you're interested in. Just a minor thing to bear in mind is that your feeling might change later on - I'd say don't dismiss anything like that, do allow yourself to explore it, even if it seems out of the blue and completely unfamiliar. This isn't me saying "there's no such thing as asexual, you just haven't met the right person yet" and I'm hoping it doesn't sound like that at all. I'm just basing this off my own personal experience as I never had much more thought beyond wanting to spend a lot of time around someone and hug them a whole load, until fairly recently - and I'm in my early 20s. So it's not completely out of the bounds of possibility of that being the case with you. But it's also possible you are indeed asexual, of course.

I hope that doesn't sound dismissive of what you've said, I just recognise the situation from how you've described it, so I wanted to add a bit in about my own experience so that hopefully you might not fixate on that idea and try to suppress anything that doesn't fit in with that idea (not that I'm saying you'd try to do that. I'm saying that's what idiot me did.)

On a more general note, I've found recently that you learn stuff about yourself a lot more quickly if the person you like actually likes you back. And 'joke flirting' with your mates, whether you do or don't like them is another fairly harmless way of working out what you like.

I'm sure that stuff's super obvious, but I'd never really put it into practice before. I've also heard that being happily single helps you in any future relationships you might have, but I've not tried it so I've no idea.

13. Bexy164

Oh I know, I'm so terrified of saying something and then actually changing my mind later.
    I currently identify as probably asexual may be a better way of putting it.
    I guess I just want to figure it out as everyone else seems to know and be so sure. I've got a friend who's younger than me and theyalready know they're trans and gay

14. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants MagiKing Crimson

Good, I'm glad you're aware that you can change your mind. I've come out as quite a few different things in the past and later realised that it doesn't quite fit. Nobody's ever really brought anything up to me though when I've changed my mind. I think people maybe realise that it would just be embarrassing and deeply unhelpful to bring up.

Bexy164 likes this.
  15. Ariel

Ariel What would I pay to stay here beside you...

I have had feelings that I am possibly asexual, either that or pansexual but I'm still unsure; it kinda helps that my boyfriend complicated close friend is also having the same dilemma between pan and ace, we can sort of bounce back between each other haha

Bexy164 likes this.
  16. Bexy164

I have a question for you guys. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm just curious: how did you realise your sexuality/romantic orientation/whatever? I'm currently somewhat confused about mine and I just want to know how other people discovered theirs. This seemed like the best place to ask

17. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

In my case, more or less by accident. Became friends (online) with someone through a shared interest, and we talked a lot. Then when we'd got to know each other pretty well, we sometimes talked about things you wouldn't discuss with casual friends. It kept getting deeper and after a while, we weren't just talking. I wasn't really sure for quite some time whether it was a one-off, but eventually I did come to realise that no, I really was attracted to this guy in a way I'd only previously been to women, and that I was open to something like that happening again with other guys in the future. From then onwards, it became easier and easier for me to say "I'm bi" -- because it felt more and more natural and right -- until I got to where I am now, being certain of my orientation. The whole process took a long time, though -- we're talking several years.

#1397 Loganberry, 22 June 2017
    Last edited: 22 June 2017
    Bexy164 likes this.
  18. Candy Yunagi

Well, aside from being a long process of self discovery, in my case, there’s also the other element of my own gender to make things more complex. I started feeling attraction before I started questioning my gender, and I was first attracted to a girl. I came to realise I was into both genders a couple of years after that. The only reason I bring gender into it is that there’s been a bit of a shift, I think, or maybe not. I used to feel more of an attraction to females, with an attraction to males still being there, but now the opposite seems true. I’m not sure if it’s actually changed or if I can now appreciate masculine features on others which used to remind me about what I didn’t like about myself, but now that I no longer really have them, they seem more attractive. I suppose you could say I’m not entirely sure either, but I’m okay with that. I’m attracted to who I’m attracted to, basically…

In short, it just kinda happened, and then it seemingly shifted/changed. I’ve always been attracted to both, but the preference may be more fluid…

Bexy164 likes this.
  19. SilentHoof1989

SilentHoof1989 Well-Known Pony

I dated a trans girl recently :D it was the happiest i've ever been :)

20. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

It's a confusing thing and can change with time, or rather new perspectives gained through age.

Over the last 9 months it's been going from 'slightly curious heterosexual' to 'gynephile/ceterosexual'. I mean coming out explained *a lot* of feelings for the last 20 or so years that I thought unconnected and didn't know how to make sense of.

Still early days on spending time with a larger range of people and exploring how I feel attraction more openly now. That and just knowing how to suddenly have the dating pool extend to basically cis/transwomen and a real mix of non-binary people and what...to do.

Plus I'm someone who needs to know someone pretty well for anything romantic to happen and am not the most physical person in the world, those two factors are complicated when I date anyone.

But yay for never having to be 'the boyfriend' and have that baggage there from the beginning and just being the 'me' in the relationship.

So...it's really really complicated in other words.