1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

I've just purchased...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by finalsight, 21 February 2013.

1. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Graphic novels: Avatar the Last Airbender: North and South part 3, Giant Days volumes 2 and 3, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl volume 5, Spider-Gwen volume 1, an adult colouring book called The Book of Beasts: Colour and Discover (steeply reduced, looks amazing - there's some really obscure fantasy creatures in there), plus a few week's worth of my comics pull list and all the Free Comic Book Day offerings (most of which were subsequently given away).

DerpyWhooves and Bexy164 like this.
  2. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

I went to try and get those, but the comic shop I went to wasn't doing it

3. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Ooh, you made me want a new colouring book for the collection now! That one looks amazing.

Cendaquenta likes this.
  4. Cendaquenta

Check The Works. £4, down from £12.99.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  5. DerpyWhooves

Funnily enough, that's what I've just been doing :D Thanks. Did they have it in store or did you get it from their website?

I recently bought a pony sticker book (yay Doctor Whooves sticker for the laptop :D) and Girl, Interrupted and Hey Arnold! The Movie from Poundland.

6. Cendaquenta

Picked it up in store. The branch I went to was having a massive "everything must go!" sale.

Ed.: Just purchased Invincible Iron Man issue #2 (the 2017 one, with Riri Williams) from eBay.

#3666 Cendaquenta, 7 May 2017
    Last edited: 8 May 2017
    DerpyWhooves likes this.
  7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

A couple of Ravenclaw notebooks, since they've decided to finally start making them.

DerpyWhooves, Bexy164 and Cendaquenta like this.
  8. Cendaquenta

She Reads Comics. Tried to buy as little as possible after all the stuff I got on Saturday. I... didn't do too badly with that.
    Mostly stuck to single issues of comics - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #17, Paper Girls #14 (fully caught up on both of them now, yay!), X-Men Prime #1, Inhumans Prime #1, and The Once and Future Queen #1 (modern-day genderswapped King Arthur, um YES please). Also picked up a Funko Pop (Spider-Gwen Unhooded) and a hardback graphic novel, Audubon: On the Wings of the World.
    (Ed.: Plus FP was giving away little free badges, Captain America's shield and the Hydra logo, so got them too.)

#3668 Cendaquenta, 9 May 2017
    Last edited: 9 May 2017
    DerpyWhooves and Bexy164 like this.
  9. DerpyWhooves

So was the Merry Hill one :) So I got that. It may be too beautiful to colour though. I also got £2 worth of Smurfs from the local collectibles shop. All but the wee violin one are old Happy Meal ones and he seems to be a Kinder one.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cendaquenta, Wonderbolt and Bexy164 like this.
  10. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I remember having a few of these they were quite nice little figures.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  11. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Disney infinity Toybox takeover

Bexy164 likes this.
  12. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Stardew Valley, on PS4, which is on offer right now. I can see it getting addictive.

My place is called Starlight Farm, it's Cloud running it though :p

13. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

So yeah I'll be busy for a while xD
    [​IMG]

14. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Damn you, Build-a-Bear ...

Visited the outlet in York and left with Fluttershy (SWMBO bought Rainbow Dash)

Bexy164 and DerpyWhooves like this.
  15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Some clothes, a case for my new sunglasses, unhealthly food, yet more stationary, lots of bus tickets and an unopened original mint MiniDisc.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  16. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

An 'Omorc Smart Fitness Tracker' from Amazon. I wanted to give a fitness band a go but not spend a ludicrous amount so as I had a £10 voucher for there I grabbed this £19.59 thing (Also added a £1.99 MLP Pop Pinkie Pie Bakery set to the order so I didn't have to pay postage).

Noticed because Amazon's own stock has gone temporarily unavailable right now that when I checked out it had actually switched to being sold by Weetop - but as it's still listed as being 'fulfilled by Amazon' hopefully that will be okay still. (Don't want to get involved in grey market stuff...)

Cloudane and DerpyWhooves like this.
  17. Cloudane

I've also grabbed a random one, for about £20, this one was a Lenovo branded one from Gearbest (it'll turn up erm... some day!). Already have a Fitbit but this cheapo has functions it lacks such as stand reminders so depending how bad the app is it might be an upgrade. Because of some poor treatment with the Fitbit I'd rather not give them my money the lifetime of another (though they've at least earned promotion from the "lifetime of me" craplist due to being bros about existing Pebbles, and are now only on a 1 device sanction)

nerdowl likes this.
  18. nerdowl

Looks like I timed my purchase right (hopefully) Weetop no longer have anything listed on Amazon and Amazon themselves are charging £32.99 for that model now (even though it's still stating it's currently out of stock). Hopefully mine will arrive when it is supposed to and will actually work!

Hope your Lenovo one turns up.

Interesting to hear you've had issues with Fitbit - the reason I started looking at these was because I had an offer email through from iWoot about vastly reduced Jawbones (one of FitBit's competitors from what I understand) and a lot of reviews were moaning about weak straps and complete lack of customer support. Final nail in the coffin for me even considering one of Jawbone's products was that PCAdvisor had mentioned they're moving out of the hardware market shortly and I had visions of the app being removed from the store.

Fitbit are far more expensive than I wanted to go but I would have hoped that a company that sells £100+ items would have better customer support than what you are describing! I shall bear that in mind if I ever decide to take the plunge for a more flashy do-hickey.

19. Cloudane

To be honest, I'm probably being unfair.

Thing is, the original Fitbit Charge HR which I bought for ~£99 has always lacked stand reminders (idle alerts). The marketing around their products was that they're evolving items that receive additional functions via software updates, and this justified how pricey they are. There was a very long thread on their feature requests site for adding idle alert and it seemed that they were working on it and had no ETA. Bought the band, expecting that it'd get updated with it soon, in line with all their competitors.

Eventually the thread asking for the Fitbit Charge HR to receive Idle Alerts was closed with a message of "good news! We have completed this request, it's available in the new Fitbit Charge HR 2, thread closed"

Just the way it was done felt like a slap in the face and really cheesed me off. If they'd been honest and said "we can't keep updating the previous product as we wouldn't make enough money" it would've been a bit less annoying than "Done! By a new one, lol bye!"

In addition I've never really liked their attitude towards integration. Their way only, no way of integrating with Apple Health or Google Fit, a flat "no plans to support"

From what I've heard their customer service is pretty decent if you have a faulty item. At one point they were even replacing lost ones.

nerdowl likes this.
  20. nerdowl

Ahh, right, I see :)

That doesn't seem quite so bad then, though I can see why their response would be irritating. Whereas the comments I were finding about jawbone were basically reviews like these