1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MAY FLASHFIC COMPETITION .... rock it to me!

Discussion in 'Fanfics & Writing' started by Irregular Apocalypse, 3 May 2017.

1. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Honorary Yak

The rules in detail are here, but the TL;DR version is:
    • Anyone can enter, including staff/moderators. Obviously, if you're judging a competition then you're at liberty to enter but unlikely to win :p
    • Keep it clean and keep it Pony. No crossovers, please (not even seemingly 'obvious' ones) and nothing that's NSFWoona. NSFW content will be reported to the moderators and dealt with appropriately by them.
    • Respect the word limit - a few words over is fine, but don't go nuts. You don't need to be bang on the word limit, either - shorter is probably preferable to longer anyway.
    • Once you've posted an entry, you're free to edit it providing you do so before 23:59 on the 'closing date' - judges will go by created/edited timestamps for this (these will appear at the foot of your post)
    • Pre-reading the work of others, whilst not explicitly disallowed, is discouraged - however, if English isn't your first language then having a 'native' pre-read it for grammar/spelling or whatever is fine.
    • Pretty much anything goes with regards to writing style: prose, verse, prosimetrum or a haiku - the sky's the limit. Feel free to experiment with styles you're 'unfamiliar' with - this isn't FiMFiction, nobody's going to flame you into oblivion.
    [*] - Note that Equestria Girls isn't considered a crossover; EqG-based stories are perfectly acceptable.

THE THEME: Down on the (rock) farm
    WORD LIMIT: 100

Last time around we had Pinkie, this time it's time for Maud and the rest of the Pie family to hog the spotlight. Or is it? Go ahead and surprise me!

For those planning to write something Maud-based, watch Episode 4 if you haven't done so already - she gets quite a bit of character development which might spark off a few ideas.

2. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

100 words.

Kites,

They're nice.

No wind on the rock farm,

Use magic instead,

No trouble for her,

That's why I love her.

No buyers,

So we took it over,

She and I.

Limestone's gone,

I was next.

She's happy here,

I hope,

She'd tell me if she wasn't.

I know my rocks,

She does the sales,

Builds up trade;

We're a luxury item,

in the Crystal Empire.

Sometimes I wonder

If it's good for a doctor,

And her,

A graduate,

Of a Princess,

(Never fails to impress),

To be here.

But we are.

We are,

And that is enough,

For us.

abrony-mouse likes this.
  3. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Honorary Yak

Wow ... that's good.
    That's really good ...

And I defy anyone not to imagine it in Maud's voice :p

4. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Aw, thank you.

#4 CuldeeFell, 3 May 2017
    Last edited: 3 May 2017
  5. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

My offering:

Marble Pie stared downwards with mild bemusement at the wooden wheel which had just broken loose from her rock wagon. Inkie grey clouds loomed overhead as the evening drew ever closer.

It had been one of those Mondays.

"Oh great!" Came a loud exclamation from somewhere behind her, as Limestone Pie came trotting up. "Pah assured me he'd sorted that blasted thing out!"

Marble looked up, a small smile creeping across her mouth.

"Um, actually Lime, well, you tried to fix this one."

Limestone paused, blinking in contemplation. Then she too smirked.

"Oh, yeah. Right. That went well."

CuldeeFell likes this.