1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP FiM comic discussion

Discussion in 'MLP Comic Series Discussion' started by FireSparkle, 4 September 2012.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

General post, so this is probably the best thread:

Comixology is offering discounts on nearly all its digital IDW comics this weekend -- including MLP. It's already active! Go to the checkout as normal, then use the "Add Code" button and enter IDW there. An automatic 50% discount should be applied. :)

#3101 Loganberry, 14 October 2016
    Last edited: 14 October 2016
  2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Really need to get around to reading these but sounds good, thanks for the heads up

3. sten whik

sten whik Space

4. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

5. Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn You keep sending them, il keep knocking them down!

how is it considered rare? I got mine at the time just for the store I have a subscription with, I paid the usual price at the time, I didn't think it nothing special

6. sten whik

sten whik Space

One copy of the cover could only be ordered with every 25 copies. So on paper that's 1:25 rarity. However when you take into account that many comic shops wouldn't have had enough customers to order 25 copies it should be a fair bit rarer than that. The cover is part of a six cover set making it desirable to people wanting to complete their collection. On top of all that everyone that has one seem to want to keep them meaning it has barely been coming up for sale (until this listing one hadn't appeared on ebay for over a year).

All in all even though some of the other covers are rarer on paper it is now most likely the hardest MLP cover to get hold of (though I haven't done any deep research on the rarity of other covers for over a year to say that for certain). Originally I was valuing it at £20 - £30 and laughing at anyone trying to sell anywhere close to £100 but currently I'd think £100+ is not just possible but likely.

Crimson Dawn likes this.
  7. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Well, no, I think they did a cover to celebrate something (I think it was a certain number of issues sold) of which only five copies were printed.

8. sten whik

sten whik Space

Ah yes good point. I was thinking more of the covers that have only 50 copies (like Black label Editions which are still often on ebay). But there is at least one rarer, that being the Million Copies Sold cover that has only one copy. I think that there might be a cover that has only two copies but I can't remember what it is.

9. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Very sad Friends Forever is over now, just read the Celestia/Luna issue and it was perfect.

Crimson Dawn likes this.
  10. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

It is a shame, not to mention that it annoys me more than it should that they ended on 38 issues rather than a round 40. That being said, the new Legends series starts very strong, with another Tia/Luna story and I hope they keep it up in the following issues.

Cendaquenta likes this.
  11. sten whik

sten whik Space

Just going to point out that that Fiendship comic went for £432.73.