1.   This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2.   Scheduled Downtime Warning
    Our hosts will be moving their infrastructure on Sunday 27th of July between Midnight and 8AM. The website and Teamspeak will be unavailable during this time. We will try to keep you updated via Twitter as we know what is happening.
  3.   Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  4.   Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

My Little Pony: Found items and bargain thread.

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Ben1138, 14 July 2012.

1. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Textwalls

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Season 4 finale: all the girls to get multi-coloured manes (Dash goes er... more extreme?) due to having the elements of harmony sealed inside them or something - you heard it here first xP
  2. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Style Selected:
    Night
    I thought Shadowbolt-Dash was meant to be in the newest Toys R Us exclusive set, like the Nightmare Moon one from a while back?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xYl-x0rBZ_s/URargkciEyI/AAAAAAAACBw/g1lEPHgQpog/s640/2.jpg

I cannot remember where on earth I read that it might be the next exclusive set, but I'm sure I did. Instead of Nightmare Moon it'd be Chrysalis as well as a bunch of fan favourites, by the looks of things.

Edit: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/favorites-collection-2-revealed.html
  3. Cloudane

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Ooh, interesting.

Lots of Chrysalis fans out there!
  4. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Dash will be TRU US exclusive like Zecora, I believe, but not part of the set with Chrysalis. Tempted to get the set for her, Cadence and Shining Armour. Hmm.
  5. brucecore dazzle

brucecore dazzle Plastic pony painter!

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    John Lewis has a pony sale!! 25% off most things (not blind bags). Southampton has the crystal empite brushies for £2.80 (finally picked up a Rarity) and also the princess packs for £5.61.

Asda Southampton is currently stocking wave 7 blind bags - had a fairly full box - looks unraided!
    vcgriffin likes this.
  6. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Wanna hug or a chat? Feel free to ask =3

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    Nottingham Forbidden Planet has a load of stuff.

Counter= Fluttershy (season2) special edition card box and Vinyl Scratch one aswell along with 3 boxes of trading card booster packs

Display near entrance= Crystal empire brushables, blind bag sets of 3 (the colectors ones with Rarity, photofinish and others) 1collectors box of issue 1 mlp comic, multiple issue 1 of the comic singular, issue 7 of the comic, some of the micro comic (not sure if the Fluttershy one is there though), 2 other pony themed books though can't quite remember what they were and finally 1 Vinyl backpack

Clothing rail. New WLF Rainbow Dash t-shirt.. I've looked on the WLF website and haven't been able to find the pic of it. But they are either £15 or £16.
  7. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Germany enthusiast

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    This is correct. Forbidden Planet split into two companies years ago, but bear confusingly similar names. Most of the northern ones are FPI, though Newcastle is an exception. FPI also has branches in Ireland and apparently one in New York.

From my experience FP tends to have more pony stuff than FPI, but my local FPI sells We Love Fine Derpy shirts, which I think are a better design than the wide selection of t-shirts I have seen at FP / FP.com.

Forbidden Planet South: www.forbiddenplanet.com
    Forbidden Planet International (Comics): www.forbidden-planet.co.uk
    Forbidden Planet International (Merch): www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk

How could anyone possibly get confused between them?
    Snowy likes this.
  8. Cloudane

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Ohh interesting. So that's why I couldn't find anything on FP.

Forbidden Planet International already gets a -1 from me for their dirty trick of putting a Facebook search box banner at the top of the page, so if you're not entirely alert (it's 1am) you click onto the banner. Lame behaviour from FPI's web devs.
  9. vcgriffin

vcgriffin the mustached Subgenius pony

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Jon Lewis (leiceser) also has ;
    Decoration Fashion Ponies: (£9ish)
    Pony Princess Pack: Celestia and Pinkie Pie and Luna + Twilight packs.
  10. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Style Selected:
    Crystal
    Abingdon Tesco Extra has part of a box of W6 blind bags, the rainbow set, and a bunch of CE brushies. Still no sign of the triple packs.

I hope we'll see the Cadence and Twilight princess packs soon. They've recently been sighted in the US, and if I recall correctly, the Celestia and Luna packs showed up here around the same time as in the US. Though, with the abundance of those two packs it might take a while for stocks to deplete enough for stores to order more...
  11. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Style Selected:
    Night
    Finally got to go to Aycliffe's bigmassivehuge Tesco the other day... Nothing of interest. They had a section for blind bags on the shelf but they were 'temporarily out of stock'. Otherwise all they had were those Crystal Empire brushable thingies with the horrid glitter in the hair (So glad I got the normal brushies before they got rid of them.) and the rainbow blind bag selection... thing. Kinda meh. The Pokémon section got a lot more interest from me. xD
  12. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Style Selected:
    Night
    Has anyone bought one of these yet? According to the website, you can now buy Derpy and Rainbow Dash, but knowing Forbidden Planet, I'm not sure how reliable that is.
  13. Cloudane

Style Selected:
    Buffalo

Well, put it this way:

I have now. ;)
  14. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Style Selected:
    Night
    Please let me know if it arrives soon, I can't be arsed pre-ordering for the *third* time only to realise I need the money and have to cancel again. If I'm buying them, I want them *now*, not in a few months. >.<

On second thought, if it dispatches soon, lemme know and I'll buy mine asap.
  15. Cloudane

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    Will do! If it's going to take months, I'll end up cancelling as well. I expect online orders to come within a day or two unless it states "pre-order" or needs to be custom made or something.
  16. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Style Selected:
    Night
    So do I, but Forbidden Planet's release dates have been funky in the past. I've never bought anything off their website before though, I normally go straight to the shop, but there's been no word of these things being seen in the shops yet either.
  17. Cloudane

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    "expected May 2013"

Did it say that before? I didn't notice...

Well, I'll keep an eye open. If they're just going to keep shifting the goalposts I'll reclaim the payment (interestingly because it's paypal they take the money straight away. I thought it was pretty much illegal to take money before the shipping date and that Paypal accounted for that somewhere in the seller settings - welp, will see)
  18. Synthetisk

Synthetisk pones n dragins

Style Selected:
    Night
    John Lewis in Edinburgh have the masquerade brushies in- it took a lot of restraint not to buy Rainbow Dash there and then.
  19. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Style Selected:
    Rainbow
    !!!
    Do they have Sunset Shimmer?!
    CupidStrikes likes this.
  20. Loganberry

Loganberry Wonders whose OC he is

Style Selected:
    Buffalo
    The High Street branch of Waterstones in Birmingham (the one by the Pavilions) has one copy of the trade paperback of the IDW comic. Hard to see, but it's on the bottom shelf of the little extra bit of the graphic novels section (turn right past the main GN bit). That's the first time I've seen it anywhere other than a comic shop or online! Full price (£13.50) though.