1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH & Indy Wrestling, Japan etc)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Leon K Fox, 28 March 2012.

1. Killergoose

Killergoose Modest genius

So er... A lot has happened recently.
    As most of you probably know by now, Dean beat Roman clean in the triple threat on Battleground and on the Raw after Battleground, Roman loses clean to a Raw debuting Finn Balor. (EDIT: Huh, I just learned this episode of Raw was on Finn Balor's birthday). Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins at Summerslam for the WWE Universal Championship should be a hell of a match. Going back to Reigns: is this the start of the much rumoured redemption angle for Reigns or do creative, management and Vince just genuinely do not trust him to be "The Guy" anymore but just "a guy"? But on the flipside, that was quite possibly one of the greatest WWE main roster debuts ever.
    In other news, new Women's champion with Sasha Banks, again on the Raw after Battleground and not on the expected Summerslam PPV. Makes me wonder if they're doing the title match right away so Sasha can win a rematch at Summerslam and Bayley can make her proper debut and challenge her then. The reaction Bayley got for her "one-time" match at Battleground would certainly justify management bringing her up sooner rather than later. At the same time, where does that leave Smackdown with the main female stars there being Becky Lynch, Natalya and... Alexa Bliss? Eva Marie?
    This Raw certainly felt different to Raws in recent years, it'll just be interesting if they keep this up and what Smackdown will be like.

#1121 Killergoose, 26 July 2016
    Last edited: 26 July 2016
    CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  2. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

I'll save the spoiler till I've watched Raw, but Battleground was very good. Are you all upto date on the WWE KillerGoose?

3. Killergoose

As up to date and tired as someone who lives in the UK and currently has a lot of spare time can be.
    The general consensus (and I'll agree with it) is that Raw was a very good show.

4. CrikeyoRilley

Some current comments and such...
    The Cruiserweight Challenge is providing some excellent matches so far.
    Bobby Roodes new entrance music is amazing, I think I want my casket to come out to it.
    The possibility of Roode, AA and Samoa Joe could be great.
    I really hope they don't mess up with Finn Balor and that the new day might lose to the Club.
    Damian Sandow is now in TNA.
    Delapidated Boats and Brother Nero.

It's a fun old catchup all this.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

5. CrikeyoRilley

NXT knocking it out the park again last night. Now onto Summerslam later on. Plus all these suspensions.

6. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

Message to Seth: Stop injuring your opponents! :p

7. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Has anybody been watching TNA lately? I think the Knockouts division has become a joke after what's happened with the belt lately. I am enjoying what's happening with Damien Sandow and Drew Galloway lately. I'm also glad at what happened in Lashley's match with Mike Bennett this past week too.

8. CrikeyoRilley

Im a few weeks behind. I'll have to catch up and give a relevant response but it is a shame what they have done with their knockouts. Its been going downhill for a while.

9. CrikeyoRilley

Looks like a fun weekend is to be had. Going to be going the WCPW show in Altrincham this weekend with the main event Kurt Angle vs Cody Rhodes!
    Planning to attend their pre show shindig as well to mingle with no other than the main event duo, but also Brett Hart, Jim Cornette, Mellina and Minoru Suzuki. Trying to decide which I will pay to have a shot with if I cant chat them up enough for a cheeky selfie ;). Hopefully its to be a treat. Should be tickets still available as well. Anybody else going?

10. Corduroy Road

Oooh, that sounds brill. I'd love to go to those meets with the wrestlers and the fanbase. They look grand.

Watching old Network shows in an attempt to get back in the sport, like WCW's suck saga in the 2000s. Take a shot each time the word 'ass' is said by everyone, back when the tried and true 'edgy' formula was oiling its wheels. How did I even enjoy that stuff back then? As a matter of fact, WCW put me off this year, remember?

Sorry. Still have a bad temperament from work this morning.

11. CrikeyoRilley

There have indeed been some terrible years and terrible shows. I watch it these days with little passion, there are some great matches still... But I prefer to watch NXT or other smaller brands offline and live.

After a bad day, you're allowed to feel how ever you want. I hope your mood improves soon Sir.

12. Corduroy Road

My mood's been alright so far. I eyed up on Power Slam's retrospective books on Kindle and have been reading them on my tablet. So what if I don't agree with the awful pacing of WWE's Triple Threat matches in the upcoming No Mercy (the WWE spin on the match stipulation I hate with a passion), I can still lap up the news stories from the past.

On terrible shows, I brought up before the likes of Halloween Havoc and New Blood Rising, both from 2000. For the latter, there is nothing to like about that show at all, but with HH... well, I should have no right to find the terrible Vampiro and Mike Awesome match so entertaining. The bad kind of funny. I'll spare the details for you to watch on the Network.

13. CrikeyoRilley

That was a really good show. 3 stand out matches and Kurt v Cody was excellent, nostalgia, all the moves and crowd pops and cheering all through.
    Possibly injured Cody though... not good considering he's just signed for TNA.
    Hopefully it will be available online soon from WCPW.

14. Killergoose

So it looks like a certain long-anticipated feud is finally happening-
    https://mobile.twitter.com/MoheganSunArena/status/793890644120965120
    With Undertaker returning to Smackdown the Cena-Undertaker feud being set up from there is really the only option for me that makes sense. I suppose you could do AJ but I'd honestly just prefer the Cena match and for that to be the last one.

15. Corduroy Road

I don't care about CM Punk anymore. The general consensus I gathered from reading reports about him is something about him that rubs people the wrong way, like whatever he did or said that provoked people to dish dirt about him. Folks would hold back until his name is brought up. Blah, forget him, he's old news.
    On the other hand, he's no Teddy Hart.

16. Killergoose

Alright well, another star has been announced to be appearing on the 900th episode of Smackdown-
    That being Edge
    And in other news, the final member announced to be on the Smackdown men's team last night turned out to be
    *Sighs* Shane McMahon
    This year's Survivor Series is shaping up to be the biggest in a fair while.

Finally, I found this recent tweet kind of amusing in light of recent events-
    [​IMG]

17. Corduroy Road

Man, I wish.

I see the 'Part-timers era' is alive and well.

18. Corduroy Road

THIS article right here, right it and weep (for joy). http://www.wrestlingepicenter.com/news/2014//481161942.shtml

The last thing I ever envisaged was Joey Styles landing in hot water for a lewd political jab. Totally thought he'd knew better. :rolleyes:

And wrasslers not hip with the techo-trends
    still should not use social media
    for their thick-skulled ends.

I smell another exodus.

EDIT I don't think I can give another monkey's about dirt sheets any more. I need to stop reading in to them from WrestlingEpicenter for the past few years. Had enough negativity with the sport. Guilty by association.

#1138 Corduroy Road, 14 November 2016
    Last edited: 16 November 2016
  19. Killergoose

So Survivor Series 2016 just happened...
    The conqueror of the Undertaker's Wrestlemania 20+ year streak who proceeded to go on a 2 and a half year of destruction was made to look human and was dominated and squashed by Goldberg in less than 2 minutes. I get that this almost certainly means we'll see more of Goldberg and he's over and that's nice but I just worry about where this leaves Brock, even if Brock will win a rematch at the rumble or mania, he looks human now he's no longer an unstoppable beast and where does that leave the other 99% of the roster who were dominated by Brock in comparison to Goldberg? I suppose it's all about seeing what happens on Raw. The men's traditional elimination match was good, women's and tag teams' was okay but the booking was questionable.

#1139 Killergoose, 21 November 2016
    Last edited: 21 November 2016
  20. Killergoose

So....
    The Raw women's championship is essentially just a hot potato between Sasha and Charlotte now. Allegedly last night's match was the final final final match so I guess Sasha will now feud with Nia???
    There is also Roman against Owens at Roadblock for the title? Meh.
    On a more positive note we have both Brock and Goldberg in the rumble confirmed. That at least averts what I had initially expected with Brock being a surprise appearance at the rumble to eliminate Goldberg. Now that they're both confirmed to be in, it'll be interesting to see which direction this story goes in.
    Finally there's this thing I found on the squaredcircle reddit.