1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH & Indy Wrestling, Japan etc)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Leon K Fox, 28 March 2012.

1. Killergoose

Killergoose Modest genius

So this is now a thing.

Apparently, that is all in response to this with WWE trying to maintain that audience and all.

2. CrikeyoRilley

CrikeyoRilley Supplier of Apples and Apple Accessories.

Hmmmm, curious that. I watch quite a bit of WCPW and they are hosting an event over in Orlando in April, plus one of their guys Big Damo have been signed by wwe recently. They swap wrestlers with other uk promotions.

I wouldnt be surprised if people like Joe Coffee, Primate, Martin Kirby and El Ligero werent on the show... maybe they will get the next Rockstar Spud :)

Edit. Well Moustache Mountain and a few ive seen are there. Full page on wwe didnt load so missed the videos.

Im watching WCPW in Jan so that should be good.

#1142 CrikeyoRilley, 15 December 2016
    Last edited: 15 December 2016
  3. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

Well, I watched the World of Sport show out of nostalgia seeing as I used to watch the wrestling on ITV back in the late 80s when I was a kid. This new incarnation was all a bit too slick and Americanised for me, not the old spit n' sawdust setup from the era of Big Daddy, Giant Haystacks and of course Kendo Nagasaki. Still, it was as daft as ever (as it should be ;)) and it was nice to see Grado (it's yersel!) "win" the belt in the end as he's about the closest we've got these days to the great characters of the past.

4. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

Yeah, I thought about that too. Got to work with the promotions we have, I suppose. Happy most of all to see the old wrestling stars get the acknowledgement. My grandfather used to watch WOS a lot.

janglehooves likes this.
  5. CrikeyoRilley

Yeah, WoS was alright. Ive seen a lot of the guys on there from the Indy circuits, so good they are getting TV time.

On an Indy note, i'm off to Bowlers in Manchester to watch WCPW this Friday. Bubba Ray, Cody Rhodes, Drew Galloway and a few top circuit fighters like Ricochet and Zack Sabre Jr. If anyone else is, let me know so I can give you crafty brofist :)

6. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

I enjoyed WoS Wrestling. It was interesting to see some of the wrestlers from TNA's British Boot Camp 2 get some TV time. I liked getting a taste of the indy wrestling scene too. I would've enjoyed the show a lot more if I actually liked Grado.

7. moody magpie

moody magpie 75% done with football!

Just booked tickets to the WWE tapings of Raw and Smackdown at the O2 in May.

CrikeyoRilley likes this.
  8. CrikeyoRilley

WCPW was awesome, Bully Ray, Drew Galloway, Ricochet and Rhodes all put on an awesome show. Zack Sabre Jr's match was so technical in the moves it was brilliant. I'll put some photos up if anyone wants to see them. The tapings will be up on their site next Friday so if your gonna watch it and dont want spoilers, possibly dont look at them :p

9. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

The Tongas tag team in NJPW suck. Think of any mentally illiterate Fiji-esque gimmick with the likes of Umaga and Meng and then give them tourettes as an excuse to swear during a match because they're not in a WWE ring. Their match in WrestleKingdom IX was a total f'n downer while I'm awaiting the fabled 6* match in the main event.

10. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

So who do we think is going to win the Royal Rumble on Sunday?

I would prefer it wasn't Undertaker, Brock Lesnar or Goldberg... I have nothing against any of them, I just don't think any of them need it.

My 3 picks

1. Chris Jericho - Build up a match with Kevin Owens at Wrestlemania, plus Jericho deserves a Rumble win added to his already great career.

2. Finn Balor - Not yet confirmed but I think is almost a safe bet he will be there, I'd mark for this.

3. Samoa Joe - Once again not confirmed but I would say is a safe bet he will be there, I'd love him to win it.

Any one of these 3 I would be super duper happy with and I wouldn't have to go into work all tired and cranky because the Royal Rumble winner sucked.

The only PPV I stay up to watch.. I don't even do that for Mania :p

11. CrikeyoRilley

Its going to be the Taker. Brock and Goldberg will take each other out for a rematch at WM. Braun is too new to win it being the unstoppable beast he ca be. Joe would be fun. But heart in hand, I think Taker will. If not for the last run before the mans epic retirement. Always my fav.
    I have a party planned for it.

12. moody magpie

Without spoiling anything but has anyone noticed someone's sign that has Applejack on it with dressed as AJ Styles during the Royal Rumble?

13. Killergoose

Well, as someone who follows a lot of dirtsheets I cannot say I was surprised by the winner.
    I can though say that I was surprised by one thing...
    Roman Reigns being #30... why? Why? Why? Are wwe creative seriously that tone deaf? So you want to keep the title on Owens and have Roman feud with Undertaker? Great! You don't need to have Roman be a surprise entrant in the rumble ESPECIALLY AT #30. Just have Roman come out on Raw and challenge Undertaker, there, job done. Instead, all you've done is further increase fan disdain for Roman by needlessly increasing his ring presence and eliminated one of the most universally beloved wrestlers in WWE... Remember when Daniel Bryan lost a match at the 2014 Royal Rumble and everyone wanted him in the rumble but he wasn't, this was pretty much the complete inverse of that and thus had the EXACT SAME EFFECT and is further proof of WWE failing to learn from past mistakes.... Okay, rant over. With all that said it was a fun PPV and overall rumble, just ended on a rather sour note.

So if Orton challenges for the Smackdown title and Cena keeps the title past Elimination Chamber.... Huh....
    Okay, not going to lie, I actually doubt that'll happen but I guess we'll see.

#1153 Killergoose, 30 January 2017
    Last edited: 30 January 2017
  14. Eunos the Fool

No Samoa Joe or Finn Balor that was definitely disappointing.

But as far as the final 2 go, let's just say the lesser of 2 evils won.

15. Killergoose

Eh, screw it, I need a good laugh.
    As I said in my previous post, I doubt Cena is keeping the title for this to actually happen, but for now as it remains a possibility...

16. Eunos the Fool

If I were Vince Mcmahon.

I would ban my wrestlers from getting injured just before Wrestlemania.

17. Killergoose

18. moody magpie

Oh boy!
    Huh so the artist formerly known as Husky Harris is now the WWE champion, go figure. Oh well at least it's not going to be Orton vs Cena for the 365th time at Wrestlemania.

19. moody magpie

I got this in the post today. Perfect for the Raw and Smackdown tapings I'm going to in May! 20170309_164624.jpg

Leon K Fox likes this.
  20. Killergoose

So.... uh, Paige.... there has been some interesting recent... news on Paige besides the whole 2 suspensions in a short period then the whole movie starring The Rock and directed by Stephen Merchant, nope, something a lot more surprising than even that....