1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the In The News forum! If you spot something in the news, this is the place to stoke up a discussion about it!
    As this is a new forum idea, new threads will need to be approved before they go live. Thanks for your patience!
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Sir John Hurt

Discussion in 'In The News' started by Somerset Cider, 28 January 2017.

1. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Looks like 2017 is carrying on where 2016 left of.
    Sir John Hurt has died aged 77
    A truly great and versatile actor Watership Down, Alien, The Naked Civil Servant, Harry Potter, Doctor Who.

2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Glider of Nights

To be fair, he had pancreatic cancer so I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did - I've lost three friends to it, and it is a truly awful affliction.

His best role for me is a toss up between 'The Elephant Man' and '1984' - the latter alongside Richard Burton.

He probably suffered more on-screen deaths than pretty much any other actor, too.

He will be missed.

3. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

The news just mentioned that, amazing that he kept on working too the end, he is in the new film about Jakie Kennedy as they said

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

He was also in Merlin voicing the dragon.

This did upset me, as I really enjoyed some of his work. He will be missed.

5. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Why? Why John Hurt? Why did it have to be him? I was planning on meeting him and I never will. He was a legendary actor and I loved his work.:(