1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Staffordshire Brony Meets

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by MachinePony, 31 December 2016.

1. MachinePony

MachinePony Renegade Timelord

You know what, me neither. I'm sure this game comes with instructions though.

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Oh, I'm totally happy to give it a go. :) I just think I'm likely to be the worst player in history. :D

3. Loganberry

Since over 24 hours have passed, and this is a time-sensitive thread anyway, I think I can risk a double post. Just to say that I will definitely be there tomorrow. :) Well, trains permitting and suchlike. I hardly know anyone there, so just look out for the totally confused and bewildered guy in glasses. :D

MachinePony likes this.
  4. Teamidris

Teamidris Writer & Cosplay

It was most enjoyable and 'Rebel Records and Toy Shop' was a thing to behold :)

MachinePony and Loganberry like this.
  5. Loganberry

Oh sweet Celestia, that shop was amazing. If Cannock had nothing else, it would be worth going there for that!

I had a very good time today, so thank you to everyone who came along for being so nice. :) And special thanks to @MachinePony for running a great meet! I'm definitely interested in coming to a Staffs meet again in the future. Although I can't make Tamworth next month, I hope those who do go have an excellent time.

MachinePony likes this.
  6. MachinePony

Unfortunately I have no weekend free in March to host a meet in Staffordshire, therefore there isn’t going to be a meet until April. There are only two ways where a meet in Staffordshire could happen next month if anyone interested. First option is that another member of the group could take place of organising a meet for March. This is a perfect opportunity to offer a role to any member of the group as Co-Organiser/Co-Admin of Staffordshire Brony and Geeks Meets, whose job is to help me out with the monthly meets as well as organising one if I’m not available. If anyone is interested in that job role, please message me. Ideally the position goes to someone who is local to the area.

Another option is that I host a mini-meet on a weekday when big meets on the weekend is impossible. We meet up in a cafe or pub on a weekday evening in one of the Staffordshire towns to catch up with the latest activities of the fandom, group or its’ members. That is all I could offer when I come across months like this when my time is occupied by other commitments.

7. MachinePony

As the Tamworth meet is delayed until April I considering hosting a mini-meet in either Cannock or Lichfield at the end of the month, somewhere been Monday 27th March and Thursday 30th March. If you're interested in a mini-meet this month please let me know what days you could do and at what time.

8. MachinePony

For those following this thread, the next meet will be in Tamworth on Saturday 22nd April. We will meet in the Costa Coffee at Ankerside Shopping Centre around 11.30am. Then when everyone arrives we set off for shopping and dining out in the town centre. Later on in the day we decide whether we go bowling or go to Tamworth Castle and then we shall go for a pub crawl for those staying on to the evening.

9. Charlotte Postings

Hello! Hope I'm okay to post here! I live in Cannock and am a fellow lover of my little pony friendship is magic! I have the card game and reaaaaally want to start playing with people more and in a Google search came across this website and your meet! If you do another in Cannock in the future I would love to come along! I have also requested to join the group on Facebook :)

MachinePony likes this.
  10. MachinePony

Hey Charlotte, I'm glad there is another local brony who found my group. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get around this thread as well as accepting you request to join my facebook group. Anyway, I'm going to message you a link to my event page for this Saturday's meet in Tamworth if you're interested. (Somehow facebook wouldn't let me invite members who are recently added to my group). It would be great if you could come.

Also it be great to have someone who is in depth with the MLP card games. The last meet we had I failed miserably in setting up the game as the rules for the game flew right over my head.

11. MachinePony

Update: After checking up the bus services between my hometown and Tamworth, I decided the start of the meet will begin at 11am on Saturday.

12. MachinePony

Okay then everybody, who is definitely attending to the Tamworth Meet on Saturday morning? If any of you still planning to go, please let me know straight away. Otherwise I will cancel it by tomorrow night.

13. MachinePony

Alright everyone, sorry for the long absence this week. I was in my own world. Anyway, last week I had to cancel April’s meet in Tamworth due to about everyone in the group on facebook and UKofE either not being available to go last Saturday or wasn’t interested this month. Also I wasn’t feeling well due to my OCD and Anxiety Disorder, which affected my sleep patterns and having to sleep in on mornings.

After having to cancel for the first time I decided I will only organise big meets if I’m well enough and available to do it and if at least three or four people in the group wanted a meet in demand. Also I will create a mini-chatroom for the group so we could discuss what activities we want to do for future meets. Bear in mind, as the sole organiser of the group the meets I will organise will be limited within my travel distance (Therefore locations such as Stoke-on-Trent and Burton-upon-Trent are out of the question for now).

Also in substitute for big meets, I will organise monthly mini-meets in the Lichfield-Cannock area where members of the group could meet up in a cafe, pub, or Wetherspoons so we could catch up with each other every now and again. Again, I will only host these meets if I have the time and energy.

I hope you folks understand why I decided to take this approach for now on. Hopefully we could see each other again very soon.

Loganberry likes this.
  14. Loganberry

Sounds like a very sensible approach. Looking after your health is definitely the most important thing. I hope I can make one of the mini-meets at some point this year, as I really enjoyed meeting you and a few others in Cannock. :)

MachinePony likes this.
  15. MachinePony

Hopefully I get round to hosting a mini-meet somewhere in South Staffordshire before my birthday later on this month. We had a couple new members recently, including one who lives in Cannock so I feel like we should have a meet celebrating this group's expanding membership.

Although I stupidly spent £90 on comic books, merchandise and an autograph from the recent Comic Con I had attended, as well as about £30 on coach travel I'm not going to use. I have to avoid taking part on costly activities for now, which means no attending the usual brony meets in the West Midlands for the next two weeks. :(

16. Loganberry

Ah, we all do that sort of thing sometimes. I've had a few extra bills recently, so it's unlikely I'll be able to go to any meets this month, but hopefully in the summer I might be able to get along to one. :)