1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What annoys you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Blaze_Midnight, 3 May 2012.

1. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

How long it takes to set off on holiday when my dad is involved. We were supposed to set off today when he decides the living room has to be cleaned out first. Why is it the only time our house is tidy is when we aren't in it!? And why is it only now that it bothers him?

2. Princess Demandy-pants

Princess Demandy-pants MagiKing Crimson

On the rare occasion that I manage to make a good friend, as soon as my mother finds out anything about them, she immediately finds some reason she doesn't like them. This is before she meets them or finds out how well I get on with them or anything. And she had to console me throughout primary school when I never seemed to make friends, yet she doesn't seem to like it when I finally do manage it.

Yet she seems fine with all of my sister's friends.

3. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

It seems like whenever I take time off work, it's completely awful when I get back.

4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Illegible best before/use by dates. Which genius decided that it was okay to print them in tiny white letters on the neck of a transparent plastic bottle? I would love to see a rule that said all BB/UB dates had to be in black block letters on a clear white background, the same way barcodes are.

DerpyWhooves and Cendaquenta like this.
  5. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

That, when I really need to get a lot of work done, I can't concentrate and also that no one believes that I'm really busy and tries to get me to do other stuff when I need to focus on my work. Then I get panicky that I haven't done it and loose all concentration and I can't do it. Plus I think about how I haven't done it when I'm trying to sleep and feel awful

6. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Discovering that the cloth has been ripped on both of the pool tables where I like to play because someone has let their kids run unsupervised in there.

7. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Minor thing, but I wish publishers wouldn't put numbers on the covers or spines of books when the publication order and the internal chronological order of the series don't match up. I'd prefer to choose myself which order to read/shelve them in, rather than have a "right way" forcibly suggested to me.

Mane25 likes this.
  8. abrony-mouse

abrony-mouse Warrior

when I see a sig on here that makes me smile (like @DerpyWhooves ) and I go to the like button and realise at the last second that I can't 'like' the sig :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  9. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Hehe, thanks :3 I know what you mean - I want to 'like' people's avatars all the time but can't on here!

abrony-mouse likes this.
  10. Nytheris

Nytheris Honorary Pony

You have successfully unsubscribed from our newsletter. We're so sad to see you go that we're going to spam you with emails every day saying we want you to come back...

11. Cendaquenta

Eh, aye, remember this one?
    Just discovered another show: "I'm Different, I Can Drive". Same idea, driving lessons instead of dates, even more patronizing. How desperate can this mini-genre of "look at the disabled, they think they're people!" get? :mad:

Cloudane and DerpyWhooves like this.
  12. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Its going to end up as I'm different, I can breathe, it horrendous they are allowed to carry on with what's playground bullying. I just wish the people involved in the shows would say no a not doing it.

Cendaquenta and Parthidens like this.
  13. Bridle Timeout

The fact that dA recently changed their favourites gallery view from a simple, page based system to the type that loads more when you scroll to the bottom. One of my favourites galleries has over 800 images in it, and it took forever to get to the older ones. (It also resulted in one of my tabs crashing.)

14. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

I think you can change that in your settings actually, I had to change mine because it kept crashing my chrome

15. Bridle Timeout

Yeah, I found it. I figured there would have been a button on the page itself or something. :p

Bexy164 likes this.
  16. Thorn

Thorn Ryuu ga waga teki wo kurau!

That I've been waking up at around half four in the morning for the past few days. It's getting on my nerves.

17. Corduroy Road

Corduroy Road Plug In and Power Up!

I know a fair few tumblr (gasp! Yeah, I know) gallery pages that do just that when I was looking for commission details, and it ended up crashing my tablet before I could hastily close the tab. On that note, there must be a better browser app than Safari on the tablet. The auto-refresh is a thing I don't need.

18. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Delivery companies (AO) making excuses for drivers who have decided that's POETS day before a bank holiday and cant be bothered to finish his run.

19. SaccharoStrudel

SaccharoStrudel Active Pony

The price of cinema tickets £22 is a ridiculous price, I can buy a new film on blu ray and a kebab for that.

Parthidens likes this.
  20. Cendaquenta

Related to the above, the price of books has been annoying me lately. RRP for an ordinary paperback is about a tenner now, more if you want to actually go to a nice physical bookshop. And libraries are being shut up and down the country - the one I got books from as a kid became a café two years ago. It's almost to the point of inaccessibility and... just... no-one should ever not be able to read. No-one should ever not be able to afford to read.