1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What did you dream last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, 4 June 2013.

1. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

Or this morning, or during your nap, or even a daydream... what do you remember from it and, perhaps, what significance do you take it to have had?

2. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

I was the creator of an app for skype that gave it free video calls and instead of showing yourself it showed you as an anthro of any animal or fictional animal that you chose, and it copied your movements perfectly. Then additionally was a voice changer app that could alter your voice to sound however you wanted..... But the time when I revealed it I was with a team of 5 others in a small cabin and revealed it to the world before having to fight our way through a blizzard.... It was really wierd...

3. Wisdom Pen

Wisdom Pen Residential Philosopher and Wizard of Lincoln

I dreamt last night that I was a Dragon-Lord (from Earth-Sea to be exact) and Iwas riding the great Kalessin over the Islands of the Wise

4. Kusak

Kusak Cows go μ

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was in some kind of top-down Binding-of-Isaac-esque envirnoment, and I was frantically running, searching for an exit as slenderman was chasing me. At one point everything slowed down, and he reached me. An 8-bit sprite of a heart (like in HP bars) left my chest and went into his. Then I woke up.

Another time (about a month ago) I had this really bizzare dream which involved an orgy of extreme self mutilation in this swamp outside a mansion, on a little rowing boat. I don't think I was directly involved; I was wondering around indifferently. most of the "people" were silhouettes.

There was this one time I dreamt I was stroking Fluttershy's mane (literally nothing else happened), and in another dream I was Trixie, jumping from tree to tree in minecraft, among other things. I wish those ones would happen more often!

5. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

I've dreamed about this forum before, about a week or so ago. Basically there was some massive fight on here which led to two different UKoE sites being formed, with quite a bit of enmity between the two. I was a member of both of them and tried to be the peacemaker, not very successfully. Eventually I was banned from the "nastier" UKoE, but managed to meet the head of that site in person and asked her if it was going to be a perma-ban, I think I was reassured that it likely wouldn't be, but that's where it ended.
    Probably a sign I should get off the internet...
    My best dream ever was just me sitting halfway up a cliff with Maglor from The Silmarillion, with the sun setting. The whole dream was just sitting there, but it was one of the most peaceful things I've ever experienced, and I've kind of wanted to get back to it ever since.

Dylia likes this.
  6. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

I dreamt for some reason I was R63'd and went out with my parents. When we arrived at a restaurant we found out that it became a Japanese cat shop, and we all stormed out except my dad who seemed blown away by it.
    I wasn't the head of the nastier UKoE, right? :p

7. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

'Course not. :) I don't think it was supposed to be anyone real - just random chick #9935. :p

Dylia likes this.
  8. Ingram

Ingram urghhhh

I dreamed I was kneeling behind my couch (2 seater) with my brother sitting on the left side and Ashleigh Ball sitting on the right and my family on the other seats around. We were all just having a normal conversation about this and that.. after a while I little girl (blonde hair. blue eyes, about 6-7 years old) came running from the hall and onto the chair between my brother and Ashleigh Ball.. She gave me a hug a called me mum, as if it was the normal thing to do and it felt right so I wasn't stunned in the slightest.. She was asking to stay up longer with us but I said no so I gave her a hug, held her and started to sing the chorus of Just the way you are - Bruno Mars, as a duet with Ashleigh Ball.. My daughter then fell asleep in my arms and I carried her to bed like any normal mum would do AND then I woke up..

I have never woken up from a dream so happy and so heart broken at the same time.. Why? Because I loved that kid with all my heart in my dream and it was a really nice way to wake up but also when I woke, I knew she didn't exist and that I might not feel that again..
    I never really wanted kids but with everything happening recently, my mind is begining to change.

#8 Ingram, 5 June 2013
    Last edited: 24 June 2013
    Aurum Noble, Parthidens and Pigasus like this.
  9. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

I was on the train, meeting a friend in London at 6 in the morning (there was no reason we couldn't have met later). We met and somehow ended up sleeping together, despite a lack of such desire in real life.

I think I know what it was - this particular friend has had a tough time recently and I have wanted to provide them with comfort. So my mind manifested it as the reproductive practice of homo sapienses.

10. Wisdom Pen

I dreamt that I was trapped in a dark hidden mansion that was under a rubbish dump and attracted wayward children to work in it until they died of old age as ghouls and demons but I saw the sun through a crack in one of the windows and led a rebellion to get out of the mansion and afterwards I hid it forever to prevent my own children from being trapped in it, and it as only after I got up that I realised that it was a huge Internet analogy.

Parthidens likes this.
  11. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

About a couple of months ago I dreamed that I was on this mission trip with my church youth group. Our travels brought us to this schoolyard, and we though it'd be a good place to unwind for a while. At first, we were playing basketball outside. They kept yelling at me to shoot the ball, and I did. I threw up one bad shot after another. I tried passing the ball away, but they'd pass it right back. They'd make fun of me every time I missed. I begged them to shop telling me to shoot. Eventually I got sick of it. I told them I was tired, and I went into the school and into the computer lab. Eventually everyone else joined me and the lab got awfully full. One little girl was not using a computer, but she was sitting on one of the chairs. She was all by herself. She had a couple of pony brushables and was brushing them. The Librarian told the little girl that she needed to leave the computer lab so one of the other kids could use the chair. She also told the little girl that she shouldn't have toys in school, and she confiscated the pony brushies. There was one little boy to the right of me who was hopping back-and forth between two computers. I told the Librarian about it, hoping she'd get after him and tell him to share too. She didn't say anything. David, the preacher's son, (who is about my age) started talking about how I was being selfish. I wasn't even on one of the computers. I was sitting at a desk with my laptop. Then they all started making fun of me for always being on my iPod/laptop all the time. I told them that had nothing to do with anything. It dissolved into argument. The Librarian told me to get my stuff together and to go see her in her office. I thought it was absurd that I was being treated like a kid when I'm 22 years old, and that the Librarian seemed to be not much older than me. On the way down the hall she told me that I was being a nuisance, disturbing a healthy learning environment for the kids, blah blah blah... Halfway down the hall she told me to wait in this room. The room was very small and it seemed to be a walk-in closet of sorts. Mops, brooms, and things hung on the wall. There were lesson plans, textbooks, board games, crates of papers stacked all the way to the ceiling. On a shelf there were the two brushable pony toys the Librarian had confiscated from the little girl earlier. One was Lyra, and I don't remember what the other one looked like. I sat on a stool and started brushing them. Everything went black then. My point of few shifted from first-person to third person. It showed the Librarian, David, and the others opening the closet door. They were saying things like, "I told him to wait here." "Where did he go?" "He must have ran off." Then I saw that on the shelf there were three brushable pony toys not two. The two from earlier were there. The third toy was one that looked like my OC.

I've been thinking a lot about this dream since I had it. Nothing from the dream seemed all that unusual, (except from the ending) and everything seemed real and natural. I have a feeling it was trying to tell me something, but I have no idea what.

#11 Rare80, 25 June 2013
    Last edited: 25 June 2013
    Darkhunn likes this.
  12. Darkhunn

Darkhunn AKA Darkmetal, the Easygoing one

That's a really cryptic one, Rare80 and OH MY GOD it's taken me this long to 'get' your name. haha. *shakes head at self*
    I've not stopped having dreams lately, I have about 3-4 a night these days, I wonder why.
    I can't remember any of them too vividly, asides from a few upsetting ones, but they're less interesting... So I'll just talk about one I had when I was much younger, but has always stuck with me.

I woke up in this weird, pinkish, purpleish, pretty much bubblegum coloured castle, and there were these goblins, comical looking things, chasing me. I turned around and gave them a smack, then I heard a scream from down this really-long looking set of stairs which, weirdly, I got down almost instantly. I rescued a girl with really long, red hair, and she told me her name was Candy, and that she was 'A princess of sorts'. haha.
    Then, this black dragon, that was so black it was more of a silhouette or a shadow, began to chase us, and we run to the gates, me holding her hand the entire time, until we got to the drawbridge. She broke free of my hand and ran back into the castle and closed the drawbridge and I woke up.

I was so friggin heartbroken when I woke up that I made a little cross for her, to remember her and how she saved me. I didn't get over that for ages, I even actively tried to dream of the castle so I could go back and slay the shadow dragon and rescue her from the castle...

Hah, I've never told anyone that...

13. Wisdom Pen

lets see what did I dream last night:
    I think I dreamed that I was female or transgender mtf to be exact and that I was a secret spy for a secret organisation.

14. Fizzlestick

Fizzlestick Banned User

I dreamt that I was a cheese wheel who was forever rolling down a range of grassy green hills in the countryside. I kept on rolling endlessly along until the sky got dark and the moon replaced the sun, it was here that I found a clearing where some ancient ruins stood. Giant obelisks overshadowed me as a bunch of Cadbury's cream eggs descended from up high to the sounds of ethereal music.The eggs started to twirl around me in a circle whilst laughing joyously. The cream egg's celebration went on for quite sometime as they depicted the history of their people through the art of dance. The music soon got lower and booming drums began to replace the heavenly bliss that once sounded in the clearing. The pounding of drums resounded for what seemed like an eternity until an electric blue started to surround me like a web as I levitated into the air. All went quiet and I suddenly imploded into a majestic winged reptile made of cheddar. I was told then that the eggs had summoned me to fight a beast that had been seen stalking the land, terrorising the other Chocolates and scaring away their tourists. I was once again led away but this time towards a mountain where I caught site of the beast. A wine glass, 20ft tall and full of crimson liquid stood motionless on a plateau of snow and ice. I used the power of my wings to get myself to the plateau where I soon grappled with the creature, but it was no good, it was far too strong for me to overcome by myself. I then realised that great power comes from within and shot it with a shotgun.

Darkhunn likes this.
  15. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

Of some bagels. They were delicious, and I would come back for more.

16. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

One of many many recurring dreams where I'm travelling on various forms of public transport. A bus this time. I can never find where I want to go and end up riding wherever it takes me. I seem to recall being semi-aware it was a recurring dream and trying to adjust it so I owned the bus company and could get it to go where I want.

Night before's was notable, but I can't remember what for now. Interesting how even if you remember a dream, you forget it so much more quickly than RL events.

17. Darkhunn

Darkhunn AKA Darkmetal, the Easygoing one

I know! It's weird, to put it in nerdy terms, it's like cookies or 'temporary internet files' of the brain.

Has anyone here had a lucid dream? I've tried but I don't have the self-discipline to force it. :(

18. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

I've had a lucid dream..

Pigasus likes this.
  19. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

What was he up to?

20. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Lucid things. You don't want to know.

Darkhunn likes this.