1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What did you dream last night?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Cuttleshock, 4 June 2013.

1. sten whik

sten whik Space

I dreamt I was working in a massive museum where all the world's most valuable historical artefacts and specimens had been placed. It had large indoor, outdoor, and underground spaces taking up a massive area (think Disney World). Of course someone thought it was a good idea to have living specimens of extinct animals as an attraction and now it was the job of the people working in the park to go out and retrieve all the now lost artefacts. Trying to drive the Flying Scotsman out of the park while being chased by T-Rexs and with raptors jumping from carriage roof to carriage roof in my direction was the highlight.

Parthidens and DerpyWhooves like this.
  2. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I want to work there now xD

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  3. sten whik

sten whik Space

The job is straightforward. Boss gives your team an artefact to retrieve and you go together to retrieve it. Everyone sticks to the small maintenance tunnels below ground as they don't have as many deadly creatures in. They lead mostly everywhere so you only need to leave them to quickly grab the artefact. Of course the artefact is sometimes just too big to fit in them so you have to work something else out...

DerpyWhooves and Wonderbolt like this.
  4. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

*BOOKS TICKETS*
    (Frankly, getting eaten by a rex is an acceptable risk.)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  5. Cendaquenta

The other night I dreamed I was a colony of ants that could form into a human. It was... odd.

Parthidens likes this.
  6. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock wants a dragon boyfriend

Lucidly dreamt! First time that's happened with any degree of success, to the best of my recollection, though my recollection's not very good. I'd ascribe it to a few factors, primarily that late last night, I'd listened to some guys discuss dreams of theirs in a podcast, including lucid ones, and that I was sleeping in an exceptionally bad position, whole right arm folded under my head. This was consciously done in an effort to get back to sleep after waking up way too early (09:30) and evidently worked. Having the distinct sensation of my arm wanting to move even within my dream really helped me become aware of what was going on.

My first instinct was, wanting to make the most of it (that concept thanks to aforementioned podcast), to try to remember my favourite town in the Pokémon world and set myself up there. Unfortunately, I've never even settled on a favourite, so I just went to something like the southern outskirts of the pretty pleasant Hearthome City. Alas, I couldn't keep the dream for much longer as I was becoming way too acutely aware of the sensation in my right arm, made weirder by that in my dream, I was laying on my left side... .

7. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Quite a disturbing dream I had before Christmas eve was a dream where people's faces turned into Dalek heads mainly influenced by me watching the Doctor Who special: End of Time which of course the first part had John Simm's Master turned the human race into him at the end of the part. So for a lack of a better world the Dalek hybrids were shouting: "EXTERMINATE!" at me. But weirdly as they said exterminate the second time their voices started slowing down and then I just woke up from that. Note to say most not watch Doctor Who before bed.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

I had quite a nice dream where I was at a bookshop with Eilemonty (ha!) and after I woke up went back to sleep and had an awful dream.
    I was in a special needs school of the kind of wich I am very familier and I was behaving in an uncontrollable way that I haven't been in for years. I wasn't even happy that one of the teachers was John Linnel from They Might Be Giants (I certainly wasn't myself, I mean TMBG is in my dream and I'm not Happy, What?) So yeah, bad dream. Why do I never have dreams of good things? (Aside from shopping with Eilemonty, that was cool)

9. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Might as well bring this one up for some reason I had Argus Filch in my dream and he was going on and on about his…family? Question mark? I dunno basically he was going on about that and he has a bit of a potty mouth evidently because he dropped an f-bomb during conversation. I literally have no idea why he's there in the dream to be honest with ya. The only reason he's even there is because I was looking at an ol' meetup thread that I wasn't even a part of and I was looking at a Argus Filch GIF for far too long there and it was mainly used as a reaction post. To elaborate it's the GIF of Filch rolling his eyes in disgust when Hagrid's worried about the other dragons bullying Norbert when he's in Romania. It's before Harry, Ron, Hermonie and Malfoy go off to the Forbidden Forest for their detention basically.

10. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

That I bought a mlp blue ray steel book and two awesome Rainbow dash t shirts in a second hand shop (only for the t shirts to get thrown away by family members as they were second hand and you don't know who has worn them previously lol)
    Also I was debating what track pins to use on my new model railway only to remember I was using kato unitrack so don't need track pins at all =p.

11. Cendaquenta

I was eating a doughnut that was also, somehow, a book.
    Yes, it was a very "me" kind of dream.

There was also something about going to a comics fair and buying a Hamilton-themed zine which proved to be composed of really amateur fan art, but I wasn't all that bothered because hey, at least I supported some aspiring artists and they'd probably go on and improve.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  12. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Eating a book sounds very un-Cenda like to me!

13. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

A bizarre mix of snooker and wrestling oddly enough. For some reason I had snooker players coming out to music to cut promos as if they were wrestlers. I think the fact the Masters tournament is on and the fact that I'm missing wrestling being on free TV at the moment is affecting my brain. :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  14. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

I dreamt I was putting the Christmas decorations away and kept finding Christmas chocolate - selection packs etc. There was a bit where my mum and I couldn't find the use by date on one of the packs. Then I kept finding cool Christmas toys in my toy box (I'm 34, I don't have a toy box. I do have a lot of plushies though :3) like Christmas Pez dispensers and Nightmare Before Christmas figures. So I was lining all these up on my windowsill and putting all the packs of chocolate in a bag together instead of putting the decorations away.

I also dreamt I couldn't find my room in the halls of residence at uni. I was carrying a big blanket up some stairs and just walked into the loos instead (it may have been the men's, oops :oops:). I was then outside on campus, and the campus was also my secondary school. I was aware that I should have a look around because the school has changed since I left (new buildings built).

I keep having dreams about being back at uni. I don't know why. None of the dreams look like the university I went to; it's always a different place. Not being able to find find my room seems to be a recurring theme. I graduated nearly 12 years ago, why would I have uni on the brain? Maybe it's because I'm unemployed and I'm worrying about having a new start in a new job. Maybe a worry about finding my place?

Parthidens and Robshi like this.
  15. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

A weird one last night where I and my close family were having medical tests where they put a tube up through the stomach. My tube was kept in and I was in a hospital bed having medicine put through this tube. The nurses had to move me and were referring to me as "the lady with the pink hat" (guess I had the Trump protesters' hats on the brain). I was then walking home and the route looked like the route I used to take back from school. I shouldn't have been walking home after an operation though - I felt dizzy and was about to call my husband, when I found myself at home. Kitty woke me up by jumping on my stomach and I thought "No, that's where my operation was" before I woke up properly.

Parthidens likes this.
  16. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

That Donald Trump was US president.

17. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Something involving a novelty shaped piece of corned beef :confused:

Wonderbolt, DerpyWhooves and Bexy164 like this.
  18. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

This amuses me a great deal xD

19. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I wish I could remember what shape it was and why I had it...

Wonderbolt likes this.
  20. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Maybe its a sign that your future lies in the novelty shaped tined meat industry (not in SPAM I hope though =O)

DerpyWhooves and Pigasus like this.