1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

What's on your mindgrapes?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Dylia, 6 September 2013.

1. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I agree it's annoying and I'd much rather that not have happened... What I've decided for myself though is to not fight it, it's not anything we can control so embrace it positively and just make the most of the upside of having two episodes a week to enjoy. It's completely your choice but since you say you don't know what to do, my suggestion would be to do that; having 13 weeks of lots of Pony, and being able to freely discuss it online, has got to be better than 26 weeks of avoiding spoilers. As I say I'd rather not have to make that choice, but with the movie coming up as well and the EqG shorts this is hardly set to be a Pony-deprived year.

2. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

I'd prefer one episode a week too but I suppose if anypony has a right to release episodes early it's the Canadians, seeing as they make the show!

Cloudane and DerpyWhooves like this.
  3. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

The good news is that at this rate they're going to run out of episodes before the season production run is completed (apparently this has been confirmed by show staff but I'm not sure where) so it should put the brakes on things. I too would have preferred the US schedule but I'm watching them as they air partly due to spoilers but also because once an ep is in circulation it's a lot easier for uploads to get taken down from where I usually watch them (I hope that's vague enough for the rules...;)). You're spot on about the Golden Oak. :(

DerpyWhooves and Cloudane like this.
  4. MCtoastie

MCtoastie Element of Elements

But then there'd be no new ponies to enjoy until the movie :p

Wonderbolt likes this.
  5. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I can cope with that if I can binge watch the season xD

6. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Thoughts go to everyone in Manchester. :/

7. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

From Manchester, thank you. Was just at the vigil at the Town Hall. A really good atmosphere, even though a couple of EDL idiots tried to hi-jack it. The city is a strong, multicultural community and it's been incredible to see the outpouring of support from the country and around the world.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

On my mindfruit... Chewie is best Star Wars character. *wookiee noises*

DerpyWhooves and Cendaquenta like this.
  9. sten whik

sten whik Space

Just spent 22 mins trying to decide who's the best Star Wars character before giving up so thanks for that.

Snowyshy likes this.
  10. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

"The Force is with you young Skywalker. But your not a jedi yet." Vader will always be my favourite thank you. :p

Parthidens and Snowyshy like this.
  11. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Ooo, I could never pick... love Vader, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2D2... everybody.

DerpyWhooves and Snowyshy like this.
  12. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Sabine When is the best star wars character xD

Snowyshy likes this.
  13. sten whik

sten whik Space

Since we're still going I'll just do a top 30 in no particular order instead...

Vader, Emperor, Chewie, Leia, Han, Luke, 3PO, R2, Maul, Savage Opress, Ackbar, Dooku, Yoda, Tarkin, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Ahsoka, Thrawn, Kanan, Ezra, Sabine, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Ventress, Hera, Hondo, Lando, AP-5.

Snowyshy likes this.
  14. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

I'm very confused now...

I sent an email to the seller on amazon about the Pop Pinkie Pie Bakery set because the one Amazon sent me was the Fluttershy Cottage one instead with the Pinkie Pie barcode stuck to the top of it (I don't mind because I don't have anything from the Fluttershy set yet but thought I ought to let them know), the thing is:-

1) It was listed as 'fulfilled by amazon' so should I be contacting them rather than ArcStore which was the seller I bought it from?
    2) ArcStore don't have the Fluttershy set listed as a product they sell right now so where did this come from? (I.E. Is it Amazon's mistake or Hasbros?)
    3) I had an email from ArcStore late last night saying according to their tracking my parcel was out for delivery even though I received it two days ago
    4) They still haven't replied to my amazon message that I sent on Tuesday around 4pm despite sending the above. In the end I replied to the email above with the message I had already sent them.

Anyone know what I'm supposed to be doing in this situation?! :confused: Should it be Amazon's return centre I'm talking to? I'm so confused...

EDIT (again): Just got a reply from Arc that thanked me for my message. So just asked them to confirm whether I can keep the wrong item or not as it wasn't clear. :oops: Don't you love internet shopping sometimes? :rolleyes:

#4854 nerdowl, 1 June 2017
    Last edited: 1 June 2017
  15. sten whik

sten whik Space

Fulfilled by Amazon means that they have been storing the item in one of their warehouses (they call them Fulfilment Centres) for the seller. Doing that comes with several benefits for the seller (for example any items returned as sold can be put straight back into the warehouse for resale) so they would most likely prefer you to deal with Amazon for returns. I believe you have 45 days from the item being delivered to sort things out and return wrongly delivered items. An important thing to note though, they have the legal right to demand that you return anything sent by mistake as part of your order (so if you hadn't ordered anything from them you could have kept Fluttershy's Cottage) but returned at their expense not yours.

nerdowl likes this.
  16. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I hate that they call their warehouses Fulfilment centres =p, horrid new speak trying to make things sound nicer they are. Why can't we just call things what they are without giving them a fake candy coating.

DerpyWhooves and Cendaquenta like this.
  17. Parthidens

Parthidens Honorary Pony

Fulfilment Centre just sounds like a part of Aperture Science xD

18. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Hmmm "post something about your day" doesn't quite do the subject justice I don't think (maybe cc this to the blog I never post to)

You see all this talk of the resurgence of so called "retro" mobile phones (scuse me, it's like yesterday to me!) like the remade Nokia 3310 and people doing a "digital detox" and it gets you thinking.

So partly that but mostly because I always want something new to play with, I got a couple of dumbphones - Nokia 215 and Alcatel 20.45X. The latter better screen and has 3G but settled on a Nokia 215 (though in hindsight I'd get the newer 216) as it's nicer in every other way. A fairly unique part of this "dumbphone" (not even in the 3310 to my knowledge) is that it actually has Facebook and Twitter apps. This gives me a dumbphone experience while still keeping the Facebook "safety net" at my fingertips (albeit in a painfully awful fashion that puts me off from actually using it) if I start twitching from withdrawals. RL friends sometimes communicate things over FB messages, so it's nice to have.

Anyway tonight I thought screw it, time to try a night with minimal technology. The very small amount of technology I had (the Nokia) stayed in my pocket, which you could argue a smartphone can also do, but I find hard to have the discipline if it's a smartphone (you have pokestops to spin, portals to hack, Telegram groups to have a quick run though etc and out it comes). Well I'm a highly antisocial tech addict who sits in the pub with a laptop, so it's pretty huge for me tbh!
    So many people getting at you like "how dare this person exist in a public house with electronics" eventually wears you down and makes you at least want to see their side.

It wasn't bad actually! Held up conversation with the other guy who was joining us and got there first.
    I noticed that when your eyes don't default to a screen (at least if you have shyness/autism/whatever) they default to places like out of the window, and saw shops and other details I didn't realise were there.
    Downside: Fairly early my mate said "look up this youtube video if you have the data" and I had to explain I did have the data but only a dumbphone on me. Didn't expand on that, but I wanted to keep this as silent as possible as telling people about the experiment makes them eager to help, and skews the results.
    Another downside, nowhere to look during sport conversations!
    Found myself looking up, acknowledging people I know in passing etc.

It's interesting, I noticed how much of the conversations I miss just kind of "drifting off" and flicking pokeballs or scroling through telegram or whatever.
    This is not some kind of "new luddite me who shuns technology!" epiphany, just a matter of interest. The ideal thing to do is simply have self control and keep the phone in the pocket (which indeed I do when on good behaviour, but slip with close friends) but the self control is a problem so maybe I will use a dumbphone on some occasions.

I didn't actually miss it, really. There were "I'd quite like to say this on Telegram " and "I'd quite like to share this view" moments but in the main I just knew I'd be back home later.

Interesting experiment, may try again.

#4858 Cloudane, 2 June 2017
    Last edited: 2 June 2017
  19. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I still had my original Nokia 3310 as my main phone until just over a year ago when I got my first smartphone (even that was only because the battery had pretty much had it). So it's intesting to hear things from the other side. Adopting a smartphone hardly felt like it revolutionised my life, and I didn't feel like I was missing out on much before, but I wonder how much I'd miss it now. Certainly the ability to look up anything is very useful and practical. I refuse to use Facebook but for example I'm away on holiday now and having UKofE in my pocket certainly is comforting.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  20. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Edit: Update - shall be sending the item back to Amazon as per their reply from support. :)

Just as well I never opened it!

Edit again: Okay, apparently Arc Store are okay with me keeping it! So now I'm confused again lol! We'll see where this goes.. :D

Edit (3): Hopefully the last part of the Amazon madness - Amazon support rep said I could keep it and are going to issue a refund to apologise for the inconvenience (I never asked for this bit at any point O_O ). Guess this all worked out rather well in the end! LOL.

#4860 nerdowl, 2 June 2017
    Last edited: 3 June 2017
    DerpyWhooves likes this.