1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Worcester meet feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Pigasus, 10 June 2013.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

You -- and we -- managed it, though!

Another good one, even if we did spend nearly as much time talking about racing cars as about ponies. :p Always a pleasure to catch up with you folks, and I'm sorry @Dodj was laid low and unable to join us. The terrifying relentlessness of @Pigasus's motorised pig was something to behold! A distressing lack this time of people being creeped out by the table full of plushies, though. We'll have to try harder! ;)

Edit: since Grand Prix Legends came up, here's a driver's-eye view of the heavily updated Spa that came out a couple of years ago. Bear in mind that this is a 1998 sim that had no real lighting effects -- all the shadows and textures are hand-drawn. It also has none of the original Papyrus track sections -- every little thing was made from scratch, and it's much more faithful to the real 1967 track than the original game's version, huge fun as that is. It took something like eight years for the team to complete, since easy editing tools for GPL don't really exist. Sure, it doesn't exactly look amazing compared with 2017 games, but it's a huge step up from the original.

(Incidentally, GPL has a 36 fps maximum, which back in the late 1990s was considered fine. It would normally look smoother than this, though, as the guy has all the graphics cranked up to max in order to show all the details.)

#421 Loganberry, 14 January 2017
    Last edited: 14 January 2017
  2. Gyroprodius

Gyroprodius Aspiring to be as Charismatic as Dodj!

Thoroughly enjoyed today's meet today and what a pleasure it was catching up with all of you present! I had an absolute blast and just want to give my thanks. Hope to see you all soon!

Pigasus and Ialyrn Aeloria like this.
  3. Ialyrn Aeloria

Ialyrn Aeloria The Unknown Entity

Can only echo this, was a good and enjoyable meet.

For anyone interested, this is where the picture I was painting with my watercolours at the meet is at.

[​IMG]

I still need to thing of what to do with the background......

Gyroprodius, Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  4. Loganberry

Today's minimeet has just finished -- as my train isn't for a while, I'm in The Hive using a library PC. Hence this very fast feedback post!

Thank you to everyone who came along today: even though we only had four people (so not the smallest meet ever!) it was still a very pleasant afternoon, with a lot of interesting discussion on a nice range of topics, mostly pony but with the odd diversion into Formula 1 or Robot Wars. I even won a Chase the Ace game, though sadly it was an unofficial quickfire (two lives) version. :p

Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  5. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Yep, it was nice, glad I went. And a point for me in the official Chase-the-Ace tally! ;)

Loganberry and Pigasus like this.
  6. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Twas a fun wee meet, short but sweet~
    And you're in joint first place!

Loganberry likes this.
  7. Loganberry

Another nice meet; thank you to everyone. :) One day the Power of Fluttershy shall actually work when it comes to winning CtA. Close today, but not close enough!

That blasted Discord song keeps coming into my head for some reason... ;)

Oilyvalves and Pigasus like this.
  8. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

enjoyed today

Pigasus likes this.
  9. Loganberry

On the way home, I saw a van labelled something like "Missing Pet Location Service". I have to be honest, my first thought was "We could do with one of those in the game!"

Dodj and Pigasus like this.
  10. Patrick Rowberry

what a amzing meet sorry to those who weren't there

but loran fasut and ma-Larson both turned up and were giving out singed plushies
    and ma-Larson told me that there flutterdash is cannon and we should be seeing the wedding in s8

as well as this the hold bolero cafe exploded

people have kid-napped thunder to do some sort of war in the east

and i saved the world from a nuke become mare for a day

i mean what amazing things happen when you asleep..right guys...

Pigasus and Loganberry like this.
  11. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Wow, sounds amazing! Maybe I should miss the meet more often d@:

Oilyvalves likes this.
  12. Loganberry

As usual, great to see regulars and semi-regulars again -- and to meet @Somerset Cider for the first time. :) It's been so long since I've been able to talk that much about MLP in person without having to worry about spoilers! "The Army of Scootaloos" does sound a bit like a fanfic title, now I think about it... ;)

Also, teacup.

Somerset Cider likes this.
  13. Patrick Rowberry

thanks for a great meat

14. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Thanks to you all for such a warm welcome. I certainly had a great time .
    Ps I had a play with the TV aerial on getting home and now have tinypop again. All in all a really good day

Oilyvalves likes this.