Because of our base of operations, as well as our pool of members, we are legally bound by UK Law to respect certain observations. I can easily confirm to you that we do have members below the age of 16 - we are legally required by law to protect them according to The Protection of Children Act (1999). We also may have people classified as "vulnerable adults" or "vulnerable individuals", who we are also obliged to protect according to The Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006).
Now, it may not come as a surprise to you that because we must respect these legislations, that the following rules are in place:
- - We ask you not to discuss topics regarded as "adult", "overly explicit", or as it is more commonly known, "NSFW" (Not Safe For Work).
- - By extension, we ask you not to post images, videos, or link to any material that can be regarded as adult, explicit, or "NSFW" - including material considered as "Rule #34".
- - These above rules apply to forum posts, public profile messages, status updates, profile information and personal conversations - we do have the ability to check the latter.
- - As staff members, we are obliged to police for and delete the aforementioned content.
- - Repeated violations of the above rules can and will lead to punitive actions being taken.
- - If we believe someone is vulnerable or at risk, we are required to report it to the authorities. If we believe someone may be endangering others, we are required to report it.
We cannot in any way endorse or condone adult-related topics of discussion or material within this community, so if you must do it, find somewhere else to do it please - somewhere where it doesn't involve a family-friendly community.