1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

2021 G5 MLP Movie discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Danishbrony2011, 15 February 2019.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Yeah, I do wonder whether...

...finding the sixth member of the squad could be a big part of the plot. FiM kind of did it twice, once by adding Twilight (and Spike) to the five existing Ponyville friends right at the start, and once much later on when Starlight became a regular.

janglehooves and Parthidens like this.
  2. Blissful690

Blissful690 Insert image of Starlight Glimmer here

3. Loganberry

Little mod note: I've edited the titles of the threads about the 2017 and 2021 movies, to make it clearer which one is which. :)

4. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

5. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

3 months away, time flies

6. sten whik

sten whik Space

Hmm... That cast is definitely concerning, half of them are movie/TV stars so likely won't have the time to voice a full TV series. Some of them already have their next roles booked. Except for Micheal McKean and Phil LaMARR there's also a serious lack of full time professional voice actors amongst them. It could just be that they've upped the budget to Family Guy levels to keep the stars' interest, this is Netflix after all, but it's looking more like this is a one off movie.

Edit: I somehow missed that Kimiko Glenn is voicing Izzy. Given her voice acting experience, if this is still the lead in to a series I'll make a bet here that Izzy becomes the main character.

#69 sten whik, 30 June 2021
    Last edited: 30 June 2021
  7. Loganberry

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I'm not totally convinced it's going to be as big a deal as EqD suggests, because...
    ...we've seen similar things before. Rarity's temporary wings in "Sonic Rainboom" in G4 of course, and a few G2 unicorn toys (eg Copper Glow) were sold with clip-on wings. It could even be a toyline-only thing.

Danishbrony2011 and Blissful690 like this.
  8. sten whik

sten whik Space

9. Blissful690

Well, if I had known EqD were gonna remove it, I would have taken a screenshot. But look at Loganberry's post for what it was all about.

10. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

The movie will get a PG rating

11. Blissful690

Well, Stateside at least. The BBFC will probably give it a U certificate as per the G4 movie.