1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

2021 G5 MLP Movie discussion

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Danishbrony2011, 15 February 2019.

1. Blissful690

Blissful690 Insert image of Starlight Glimmer here

Just do what I'm gonna do and buy a Netflix gift card shortly before release day.

2. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Still not sure what to make of that. I did like some of the humour, the animation style looks alight, and it is a nice touch having the mane 6 on the bedside table at the beginning.

Other than that, the storyline looks a little too 'humanised'. There is no magic, no special effects, to particular drama amongst any characters. It all just looks a little too 'fun and easy going' almost sitcom like. Maybe too early to say but I would hope there is a decent story behind the divide between species, in some way that follows on from G4. Not entirely sold on most of the characters, Izzy looks fun but just not sure with the others yet. Don't feel there was a need for these celebrity voice overs either. The whole thing just looks a little too predictable for me so far but has some potential.

Is it worth fussing about to get a Netflix membership? Not overly convinced.

3. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Reminds me of Filly Funtasia visually (not in necessarily a bad way). I've got no problem with the way it looks. I'm not going to make any other judgements from the trailer, because I always have negative reactions from trailers (there's something about the style of trailers that puts me off anything). I'll definitely give it a fair go.

4. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

5. Blissful690

Blissful690 Insert image of Starlight Glimmer here

The most recent issue of the MLP magazine has a "Pony Tribes Game". It's your typical "roll the dice, move your counter, do whatever the space you land on tells you to do, be the first to finish to win" game. Now why I bring is up is because the game spoils that:
    Sprout is the bad guy.

6. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

For those avoiding spoilers, you might want to be aware that Singapore (one of the few countries which is getting a cinematic release) has a special preview screening at one venue on 19th September. As far as I can tell, that's the earliest public screening anywhere in the world. So make sure your spoiler shields are strong! :p

Mane25 and Oilyvalves like this.
  7. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

At least it's just a few days and not several months this time. This is strangely nostalgic, though. Dodging pony spoilers feels like something of a tradition by now.