1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Cloudsdale A Challenger Appears

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Pon4, 13 August 2012.

1. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

Another lazy day.
    Peppy floated around Cloudsdale, off on his usual... walk? He didn't really walk in Cloudsdale, but what he did could barely be considered flying.
    Gliding? Maybe...
    BAM
    He found himself face-to-face with another of those confounded floating lamp-posts.
    "Ooh, ow-- hey, what's this?"
    The mule opened his eyes with a wince to see a brightly coloured poster, obviously freshly put up judging by it's lack of fading by the humid conditions a town made of clouds carried with it. The colours were a deep and bold, showing a group of uniformly-suited pegasi against a red sun flying dazzlingly across the sky. About half the poster had a notice printed across it, the wild lettering providing maximum interest to any onlooker.

While the mule was adjusting his blurry eyesight to read the fine print it seemed that many others had come to do the same as he, and in their haste the naturally-flightful ponies hadn't considered the delicate items on the stranger's back that were providing his own aerial capacities.
    It took a few seconds for the mule to realise his change in maneuverability switch from "bird" to "brick", by which time he had bumped face-first into a nearby stormcloud and was promptly on his way to giving the grassy field outside Ponyville a surprise visit.

Feel free to make your characters interact with the Crimson Arrows, even join up. I'm leaving the details open-ended! Remember that if you make new characters as part of the Crimson Arrows we need to see them approved before they do anything.

2. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

Another normal day or so she thought hoping to take a nap which proves futile because of the commotion accuring throughout the town.
    "ugh cant a pony get any sleep around here"
    baffled by all the excitement Eiro went to examine one of the flyers hung up on a post.
    "hmm this should be interesting"
    upon reading the flyer she promptly made her way to the staging area confident that the Wonderbolts will have no trouble beating their challengers.

3. starshine

starshine New Pony

Starshine woke up in a slight haze; having overslept again he slowly made his way to the sink to wash his face.
    "Ahh, that's better!" he said delightfully as he splashed the water on himself.
    He looked up and realised what time it was.
    "Oh Ponyfeathers!" he exclaimed. He had to mail a letter to the Royal Canterlot Observatory and the postpony collected the mail from the box five minutes later.
    He wrapped his letter and quickly scribbled an address as he flew as fast as he could to the post box, just catching the postpony.
    "A little late again, aren't we Starshine?"
    "Yes" he said whilst panting "I am sorry, but I was doing work and I overslept and I..."
    "Don't worry I know by now" the postpony interrupted. "Have you heard about the Challengers?"
    Starshine looked with tired confusion.
    "A group called the Crimson Arrows challenged the Wonderbolts to a contest; it seems to be all the hype around Equestria."
    Starshine thought deeply for a second then jumped up and ran away.
    "bye-bye then I guess..." the postpony was not at all surprised by this behaviour, as Starshine, always had something up his sleeve when it came to news.
    Starshine galloped as fast as he could back to his tree-house to pack a bag. "If I can talk to the Wonderbolts and the Crimson Arrows I can study the art and science behind flying in Pegasi!"
    He could only do this with the best, which he was far from, and he knew that this was his chance.

4. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

This, wasn't good.
    To everpony he knew, this was a floor wipe ready to happen, but to him. This was a challenge not to be taken light hoofed.
    The Wonderbolts were one of the most praised icons in pony kind, an even greater pride could be seen within Pegasi who Some pegasi would even go to level them with Celestia herself. Most of the team had never heard of the Crimson Arrows, and neither did he. So all they knew, it could be a bunch of over confident griffons who could use a good sitting down and to be told what's what.
    It didn't matter what it turned out to be, but something in his gut told him this wasn't going to be a simple shakedown, The captain probably agreed as he and the team sat in the meeting room as they went through the flight plan for the contest.

Silvarrn wasn't needed straight away, and the big names most the crowd know and love were going to head straight for the stadium to build support from the crowds. Silvarrn and a few other Wonderbolts were to walk to the stadium, sign autographs and do pictures on their way there. As the commander said, The best ability to have, is the support to push you through it.

5. FlakeTwist

FlakeTwist Space CQC Master

Swinging rubbed the sleep out of his eyes as he considered his dilema. He simply had to be awake a few hours from now in order to help show some visiting students the ins and outs of the observatory, but recently his nights had been packed with observations and his days filled with paperwork. What he needed was a heap of caffeine and some adrenaline. He'd head from a few students about some flying contest. That might be fairl...*thump*. No doubt about it. Flying into a cloud certainly hurt. Or maybe that was bouncing into the mule. Either way, Swinging found himself next to a mule shaped hole in the cloud. "Adrenaline" he thought. "Check". He proceded to fall through the hole.

6. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

Peppy's mind fell into a familiar slow-motion. His thoughts raced, the adrenaline bucking his mind into the usual overdrive of panic. He was used to this by now, of course. He knew he couldn't slow his fall, and he knew exactly how much it was going to hurt in a few seconds from now. Until then, his thoughts returned to more mundane matters.
    I wonder if those guys are going to be a match against the Wonderbolts, he mused. Surely the greatest fliers in Equestria haven't got anypony close to their level?
    The meaning of this act of war was unclear to him. He wasn't a big fan of the Wonderbolts, but he admired their mastery of the air, something he'd never be able to do. They were just too exciting for him, though. Too flashy, too fast, and his poor ears tended to pop when they were performing too close. He guessed that pegasi were built different, or maybe they were just used to it. For him though, that iffy feeling in his ears was always an unpleasant feeling, and one of the many things he disliked about touching back down on the gro--
    His thoughts were rudely interrupted by an intermission of soft green earth, whose overzealous gravity held his held lovingly back into its depths. Peppy struggled in vain to pull himself out.
    He probably had a concussion this time.

7. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

Upon arriving it was clear that the hype for this event was high due to the shear number of pony's, griffon's and such that had gathered consequently making finding somewhere to sit a difficult task.

"hmm i guess i should have seen this coming"

Not liking to be squeezed in with lots of excited fans she found a small cloud and moved it just above where all the other fans had found their seating.

"that's better rather not go home with a headache from all the screaming in my ears like the last time i went home from an event like this"

And with that she lay down on her cloud and waited for it all to start.

8. starshine

starshine New Pony

Starshine rushed to cloudsdale as quickly as his wings could carry him.
    'I probably could've left the telescope at home.' he thought looking back at his overloaded saddlebags. It was to late to turn back now, he could already see the cloudiseum in the distance, the stands were starting to fill up. He approached the entrance, and asked the ticketpony for entrance.
    "I require a stand close to the finish line. I am here to conduct SCIENCE!"
    The ticketpony rejcted starshine and told him to buy a normal ticket. Starshine was crushed, he had to find a way to get in...

9. SereneBeam

SereneBeam Capotain Enthusiast

"Hey, did you hear? some-ponies challenged the Wonderbolts"
    "No who?"
    "Some team of flyers who call themselves the 'Crimson Arrows' "
    "where is it?"
    "the flyer on a lamppost down the road with some sort of face engraved on it said next Sunday"
    "That's today!. we gotta get going!"
    "Wait up!"

Serene, overhearing the two in their short conversation, watched as the pegasi took off, headed towards the Cloudsdale Cloudiseum.

"I guess it could be worth a visit, i haven't seen them perform in a while anyway" She said quietly to herself.
    She also took off for the same direction, feeling the wind blow gently through her mane,
    she flew past a filly being carried on her father's back. the child was ecstatic, a smile glued onto her face.

"YAY! im gonna go see the Wonderbolts! im gonna see my favorite, Spitfire, she just so awesome! what's you're favorite dad?"

Serene smiled at the pair and hurried on towards the Cloudiseum unable to hear his response.

10. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Meanwhile, Ember was in the forest eating various herbs. She then fell asleep in something of a daze.
    (This was a test post, ignore it)

#10 Aethelberdia, 8 March 2014
    Last edited: 1 September 2014