1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

A look at the Cutie Mark crew (Cuteness Warning!)

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Snowyshy, 31 October 2018.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

That warning is not an exaggeration either. :p Since spotting them in Target, I've picked up quite a few of these blind boxes, that seem to offer more than your usual blind bag. While I live in the US, @Cloudane showed me one he picked up awhile back, which confirms they're avaliable in the UK.

The Cutie Mark Crew is part of the 2018 MLP toy line. Similar to blind bags, it's a mystery to which pony you'll get. Unlike blind bags, they offer more in my opinion, like the capsule the ponies come in double as a storage container with display window and background.
    Cutie2.jpg
    To make things even more useful, you can stack the canisters on top of each other. Making for a very nice way to display them, provided you don't stack them too high. I take no responsibility if you should stack them high and they fall over. :p
    Cutie1.jpg

From what you've seen, you notice they all sit in some sort of sweet, as if ponies weren't cute or sweet enough. Spike also sits in a hot dog for some reason. XD
    Cutie3.jpg

A closer look at the ponies themselves, or I should say seapony, pony, and an Equestria Girl. Eeyup, they included styles from all three MLP styles.
    cutie5.jpg

Hopefully for people who seen these canisters out in the wild, but never thought about picking one of them up, hope this helps giving others an idea of what's inside of these canisters.

Bit of a bonus, the Cutie Mark Crew were the theme of recent McDonald's Happy Meal toys. Dunno if these will hit the UK, but including this as a bonus pic since they're somewhat related.
    Cutie4.jpg

Cloudane and Mane25 like this.
  2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

They're really cute - I've got almost a full set of Series 1 (SWMBO has a full set of 24, plus some duplicates).
    My only gripe is that the little heart-shaped bases that come with them are absolute rubbish ... I've rectified this by 3D-printing some alternatives which are considerably bigger and actually support the figure.

I'm reliably informed that Series 2 are starting to appear in the UK - I very much doubt we'll get the McDonalds toys.

I'm still trying to work out why Seapony Twilight has a banana, though.

Snowyshy, Osakadragon and Blissful690 like this.
  3. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Thing about the heart bases, I find it better on some like Fluttershy, I like them to stay still in the sweet they sit in. Spike wobbles a lot in his hot dog. XP

Cool, didn't know a Series 2 was even coming out. Looks like they must have sold well enough to warrant it.

Banana boat floating over Seaquestria? :p

Blissful690 likes this.
  4. brucecore dazzle

brucecore dazzle Plastic pony painter!

Blissful690 likes this.