1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A Misadventure from The Rift

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sir Dave of Dave, 2 December 2014.

1. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

OOC - The start of this will just be me and @Heartless Angel, feel free to join once the creature escapes The Rift, and feel free to help Shyss and Wandering put the escaped beast back where it belongs

Shyss paced up and down her living room as she pondered Cally's curse. She felt sorry for the poor girl, afterall she was an attractive young mare, and she had a bright future ahead of her, or at least she would have, if it wasn't for Shyss' lantern.
    She had spent all day of the previous day fixing up her house so that Cally could stay with her,and feel comfortable while Shyss worked out what was wrong with her, and how to cure her. The thought had kept her awake all night, her mind was full and thus she couldn't sleep, no matter how tired she got.
    Shyss yawned, she was tired, very tired, and yet, she was far to restless for sleep. She turned towards the mahogany case that Cally had left on her desk. The case was locked, and Cally had the key on a small chain around her neck. Cally had promised Shyss the book, the case and the lantern as payment for liberating her from the curse, but not until then.
    The sound of a few footsteps caught Shyss' attention. They belonged to Topaz, who had just entered the living room, "Do you have any idea what time it is?" He asked, rhetorically, "Seriously, it's four-thirty in the morning and ponies are trying to sleep upstairs, so can you try and lay off the pacing?"
    Shyss stopped, "I'm sorry," she said, quietly, "I'm just getting a little bit too worked up about this curse."
    Topaz smiled at Shyss and walked a little closer, but before he could say anything to try and comfort her, somepony knocked at the door. Shyss and Topaz shot each other a confused look, who could be knocking at this hour? They both approached the door, Topaz standing slightly behind Shyss, and then she opened the door revealing a rather rugged looking stallion with an unlit cigarette in his mouth."Can I help you?" She asked.

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"You Schismic Rift?" The rather haggard-looking mare in the door nodded. "Well, Rift, I have a proposition for you. A business proposition. Mind if I come in for a second to discuss?" Schismic Rift considered for a second, then gave a resigned nod, opening the door a little wider to let Wandering in. Once inside, Wandering cast an eye over the surroundings. Standard pony stuff, a rack of ornamental plates on a wall. And, in a doorway, stood a young dragon. "No use, no use. Got a page on them already," muttered Wandering, "but an extension would be useful." He turned back to the unicorn. "Mind if I sit down while we discuss?"

3. Sir Dave of Dave

"Feel free, but would you mind telling me while you are here at such an early hour?" Shyss said, before turning back to Topaz, "Topaz can you go and make some tea for me and Mr...?" She looked towards her guest and gestured for him to introduce himself properly.

4. Aethelberdia

"Sorry, forgot myself for a second there. Name's Ithbi DeGruss, but that kinda name gets a lot of stares around here. Call me Wandering Path, or Wander. I think you'll find it's a rather appropriate name." Wandering sat in the chair Schismic indicated, trying (and succeeding) to look relaxed. In actuality he was almost bouncing in glee. "So, before we talk business, Miss Rift, is there anything I should call you? Schismic is a mouthful and Rift just seems too formal." Wandering put the cigarette back into his jacket pocket. It'd probably stay there for a few hours before he remembered it.

5. Sir Dave of Dave

"People usually call me Shyss, so Wander, you may do the same." Shyss, watched the stallion as he put the cigarette into his jacket pocket, she didn't mind smokers, but she'd prefer it if they didn't do it in her house. "The little dragon, who is making our tea is Topaz. So what is your business with me? Let me guess, you want me to take you to the Sanctuary within The Rift, if that is the case no can do, I can lead you to the Rift, and be your guide in there, but you'll have to find your own way to Sanctuary."

6. Aethelberdia

"Whoa, slow down, girl. As a matter of fact, the latter option is exactly what I need. You see, I'm an observer of rare creatures, for want of a better word." He explained briefly about his book, his job, all that kind of thing. "Now, someone I know mentioned you could take people into this Rift, and, from what I've read, there's a lot to be seen. I'm curious by nature, so of course I came here to investigate. What I'm asking, Shyss, is for you to get me into the Rift, let me check out some of the wildlife or what have you, observe, take pictures if possible, then get out. In case you wondered, your payment is a wad of cash plus any services you want done that I can do. Interested?"

7. Sir Dave of Dave

"I can do that, but it isn't exactly going to be easy." Shyss went on to explain about how the Rift isn't exactly filled with many animals, other than the Gellen who inhabit the rather dangerous pockets of the Rift. She then explained about the dangers of entering those pockets of energy, and also about how little is known about the Gellen, meaning they could attack and put the two of them in serious danger.
    "While in the Dark Pockets of the Rift it is important that neither of us lose our focus, for if we do, we could quickly lose ourselves, and if that happens, to you, I doubt I'll be able to save you. If it happens to me, we're both goners. You should consider yourself lucky, I'm one of the only ponies who has survived a trip through a Dark Pocket unscathed. I can take you, but we won't have long, if you need a long trip, we'll have to come out for a few rests.
    I'd also like to point out that The Rift will also sap your magical energy, you may be an Earth Pony, but that doesn't mean you can't use Rift Magics. I'd strongly urge you not to use them, but if you start to feel drained, tell me and I'll bring you back."
    Shyss paused and smiled. It was about time someone asked her to do something interesting with her Rift Walking. "Are you still up for it?" She asked, as Topaz walked up beside them and placed a tray with a teapot, two empty cups, a small jug of milk and a pot of sugar on the table.

8. Aethelberdia

"Thank you. Here, this is for good service, and so early in the morning too." Wandering dug a coin out of one of his pockets and tossed it to the young dragon, who rather deftly caught it. "Nice catch." remarked Wander, then returned his gaze to Shyss. "This entire danger thing is my bread and butter, and by the manner you speak of it with, it's probably yours too." He leaned back in his seat, which creaked worryingly, causing him to sit back up sharpish. "It seems perfectly legitimate. I let you use eldritch powers to drag us into a soul-draining dimension where we will likely have our eyes ripped from their sockets, and then I observe the surrounding things and take pictures." Wandering really hoped Shyss knew light sarcasm when she saw it. "Of course I'll do it. Who else gets to do 'Planewalking for Fun and Profit'? More importantly, though, is when do we start. So, when do we start?"

9. Sir Dave of Dave

"Well this is an unusual request, so I'm not entirely sure how long it'll take to make the preparations." Shyss stated as she stepped up to start clearing an area to perform her ritual. "I will start the preparations now, but this spell needs to be accurate since i won't have much time in The Rift. As you can probably imagine, accuracy will take time, I first have to pinpoint a dark Pocket so I can track it and place us near to it when we enter the Rift.
    "After I've locked on to one we'll have to prepare you for the journey, I'd like to ensure that both of us come out in one piece."
    Shyss shot Wandering a little smile before allowing her magics to pass through her horn. A large purple circle formed in the area around her, the circle held its shape for a few seconds before lines shot from five points to the point opposite, forming a glowing pentacle.
    The circle surrounding the pentacle soon started to fade, only leaving the shape of the glowing pentagram. Shyss pumped more and more energy into her horn, and soon the pentagram expanded, engulfing the entire room, before suddenly bursting and vanishing from sight. Magical energy rippled through the room causing everpony's coats to stand on end. Once the disturbance ended, a glowing circle of Thulean runes appeared around Shyss, and the air finally settled down.
    Shyss sat in the center of the circle and closed her eyes as Topaz slowly approached Wander. "I'd suggest you sit back and enjoy your tea, this may take awhile." Topaz noticed that Wander looked a little confused, and so he explained what was going on (to his knowledge), "She is trying to find a suitable spot within the Rift to drop you off, what she did before that was charge the room with magical energy."

10. Aethelberdia

"Well, can't say I've read into this much. Better do that sometime, although something tells me I won't find books about it in the town library. Still, this alone is pretty interesting." Wandering unslung his camera from around his neck. "Mind if I snap a pic or two?" Without waiting for an answer Wander was stood, changing the focus, looking through the viewfinder, turning off the flash. He took two photos, one of Shyss, who was sat in the center of the magical circle and thus rather a prominent feature, and another shortly after of a small section of the circle, magnified by a few times. "Right, that's that. I'll start my tea now." He poured himself a measure of tea from the pot, added some milk, and sat back to enjoy it.

11. Sir Dave of Dave

The room was now completely still, Shyss managed to separate her mind from her body and was now exploring the Rift with her mind, much easier to do than exploring it with your body, but the only real purpose of it was to find a suitable area to travel to, it didn't really have any other benefits. She soon found a Dark Pocket, and cast a beacon spell that was set to orbit this particular pocket. Although she hasn't had much experience with Dark Rift Energy, she knew there was something off with this pocket, it was much larger than usual, and it was an unusual shape. She studied it briefly, concluding that it was probably just two pockets that had fused together. Theoretically, that doubles her chance of finding the mythical Gellen.
    Shyss withdrew and returned to the physical world. The clock on the hearth read 09:16, she had been gone for longer than she had anticipated. Wandering Path was still seated on the sofa, doodling in his journal. Cally was seated beside him reading Topaz's comic over his shoulder, she was never a big fan of comics, but reading material is still reading material, and it keeps her entertained while she hasn't got much better to do. "Mr Path?" said Shyss, "Are you ready to hunt a creature that may or may not exist?"

12. Aethelberdia

Wandering looked up from his journal, in which was a half-done picture of something he wasn't quite sure what. For someone with such a firm grounding in the natural world, he was about to do something rather unnatural, so maybe such abstract pictures were commonplace for those in his situation. Who knew?
    Either way, nothing to be gained from thinking about something he wasn't eve-- oh, yeah, Shyss.
    "Ready as I'll ever be, I suppose. Although from what I've heard I don't think I ever will be." He gave a little shrug, or the pony equivalent, and looked at the circle.
    "So, what happens now?"

13. Sir Dave of Dave

"Now you step into this circle, and take my hoof" She said, holding out a hoof. Wander took it and together they stood in the center of the runic circle.Shyss' horn glowed with violet light as she quickly cleansed Wander of any magical impurities that may affect their time in the Rift.

Cally watched the two ponies in awe, she could roughly follow what was happening since she had read one of Shyss' grimoires. She had always wondered what it would be like to witness such magic, but this was nothing like she had ever anticipated, she looked down at Topaz, who was also hypnotized by what was happening, They were both well aware of how dangerous Rift magic was, but they couldn't help but see the beauty in it. Together they watched as both Shyss and Wander were engulfed in purple fire. "Take a deep breath!" she heard Shyss shout, to Cally the room was silent, she didn't see why Shyss needed to shout, but then again, Cally wasn't bathed in magical fire and she had no intention to be.
    A bright flash signaled the departure of Shyss and Wander. Topaz and Cally blankly stared at the area where both ponies once stood. Topaz broke the silence with a grunt, accompanied with a little shrug, he turned to Cally, "Fancy a glass of Colta Cola?" he asked, Cally nodded, and then the little dragon went off to get them both a glass.

"Wander," Shyss said, trying to coerce the stallion into opening his eyes, "We've made it, I know there's not much to look at, I'm also aware that the air feels strange, but It'll get stranger very soon, the Dark Pocket is coming to us. See that grey cloud?" She pointed, "It's not grey on the inside, it'll look like you're on an unknown planet, there will most likely be a solid surface below your hooves." She flashed Wander a gentle smile, the magic purple void made his coat stand on end, it made him look quite funny. "How're you feeling?" She asked, she didn't want to have to pull him out yet, this adventure excited her, although, she wasn't too confident in it, her last big adventure with Marr, Ferrum and the others didn't go as well as she would have liked.