1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A New Arrival

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Finerkill, 17 August 2012.

1. Finerkill

Finerkill Al. Alice. Al Gore. Big Al. Small Al. Alex. Finer.

Night Fury flew above Ponyville with a bit of hesitation. He'd been to Ponyville before, he had made it his business to explore every bit of Equestria, sometimes even beyond that, yet, there was something about Ponyville that he didn't quite like. All the ponies here knew each other, and made it their business to know everyone new in the Town too. Well, at least he only had to spend a week here until the Head Guard arrived back from his injury. With a long drawn out sigh, he took a dive and landed just outside the town hall, his new post for the next week.

Feel free to interact with Fury, no matter how reluctant he is to reply.

2. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall jumped in shock at the sudden arrival of a black pegasus stallion. It took her only a moment to compose herself and notice that this pony was new. Pretty much everypony knew everypony around ponyville, and as resident detective and avid pony watcher, Starfall made it her business to know everyone else's business.

'Hmmm, new pony, new pony' She thought to herself, her mind slipping into 'detective mode'. 'His armour is vaguely familiar, almost like Celestia's guard, but black.' She pondered 'Oh I know. He must be part of Luna's guard! So, an unannounced Canterlot guard pony has arrived in town. With no princess in tow. He can't be a royal messenger, he is carrying nothing to deliver, so he must....' She swore she could hear her brain audibly tick 'He must be a replacement for the head of the Ponyville Guard!' She had been hearing the stories and rumours of how Ponvilles head guard had fallen off a ladder earlier in the week. 'Broke his leg. Should be off it for the next 2 or 3 weeks' She nodded at what she hoped was sound judgement.

Trotting up to the stallion, Starfall cooly remarked 'Hope you enjoy your next few weeks guarding us Ponyville citizens, it isn't as exciting around here as it is in Canterlot, I can assure you.'

3. Finerkill

As Fury approached the Town Hall, in order to announce his Arrival to the Mayor, he heard a small voice behind say something, not quite catching what it said, he turned around took a peek at the small black pegasus trotting towards him.

"Sorry, I didn't quite catch that, could you repeat it?"

Fury took a better look at the pony in front of him. He had seen this mare somewhere before, but he couldn't exactly remember where. He tried to think of when or where he'd seen her. She seemed to be of the inquisitive mind by her looks and posture, maybe she is a detective? It was of course possible, but surely he would've received some information if she was a detective in the town in which he was the new guard of. There was something about this mare that puzzled him but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

4. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Clearing her throat, Starfall repeated herself 'I said, I hope you enjoy your next few weeks guarding us Ponyville citizens, it isn't as exciting around here as it is in Canterlot...' What if her assumptions were wrong and she had just embarrassed herself? It wasn't often she was wrong, reading clues and drawing the right conclusion is her talent, her skill woven into her being. She noticed the stallion giving her a puzzling look. 'My name is Starfall' she said, extending a hoof tentatively 'private detective of Ponyville. Pleased to meet you'

5. Finerkill

His assumptions were correct it seemed. Detective, private of course, he would've received a report otherwise.

"Night Fury, and, as you said, from the Royal Canterlot Guard", he chose not to question how she knew, but he believed that anyone with a bit of knowledge would be able to tell that he was part of the Royal Guard. He accepted the Mare's hoof, "I would love to stay and chat, but I need to report to the Mayor of my arrival. Do you happen to know where she might be at this hour?"

Fury was not one for making friends, nor was he one for asking for directions, but he thought he might as well get the task at hand over with so that he may return to the peace and quiet he was used to.

6. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

The clocktower behind Starfall began to chime. '1o'clock' She chirped 'Mayor Mare will be at Sugar Cube Corner, grabbing a spot of lunch' Her stomach rumbled loudly. How she would love to have a daisy and dandelion salad, nettle smoothie, all finished with one of Mrs. Cakes famous blueberry muffins. It had however been weeks since her last case, and the bits were running low. She would have to do with some wilted carrots that she had left at home. 'I can take you if you want.'

7. Finerkill

If the mayor was getting food, she wouldn't want to be disturbed, however, he needed to announce his arrival to her so she knows he was there. After careful deliberation, he had made his decision.

"How about we go and get a bite to eat, I'll buy, I wouldn't want to disturb the mayor if she is busy".

He had plenty of bits and he was rather hungry himself.

8. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall was bemused and quite relieved. Was it common for Canterlot ponies to be so generous to strangers they just met? Not that she would complain, new ponies were always interesting, especially new pegasi. Being brought up away from a lot of pegasi culture, she always found out something new about her people when she talked to another winged pony. She grinned 'Oh that is sure kind, right this way' She began a light trot, looking behind herself she added 'The Mayor is never too busy, I am sure she wouldn't mind being disturbed'

9. Finerkill

"You look quite startled," Fury said to Starfall, "You are taking me there, its only fair if I get you something in return for it."
    Fury looked into the Pegasus' eyes, she really seemed to want know him, for some reason, even though he was soon to be leaving the town, in any case, he did have the bits, and he did NEED some help to find the Mayor, it was a win-win situation either way. He was also expecting that someone would want to know who he was in Ponyville. All the ponies here seemed to be very sociable, not like in Canterlot, where everyone got on with their own business, the way he preferred it. When Fury woke up from his thoughts he saw Starfall way ahead of him.
    "Woah, slow down a little", and began to catch up.

10. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'Thought most Pegasi liked a little speed' Starfall teased, lifting off from the ground with her wings and increasing her speed 'catch up!' Starfall was not a particularly fast or confident flyer. She had never been formally taught to fly, mostly learning from the very few Ponyville pegasi that were around when she was growing up, but what she lacked in experience, she made up for in determination.

11. Finerkill

"A race is what you want, then a race is what you shall get...", Fury guessed that the little Pegasus had no idea how fast he was. Nor that he spends all of his time flying. With a great swiftness, he lifted his feet off the ground, spread his large wings out and flew forward, as fast and as hard as he can. She was fast for a Small Pegasus, but he knew he was faster.

12. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

She could feel the heat coming from the stallion before she saw him race past. She flapped her wings as hard as she could for a few moments fruitlessly attempting to keep pace before she landed. 'You can stop now. We're here' She giggled. Ponyville town centre was very small, so getting from the town hall to Sugarcube Corner was really as easy as a couple of flaps of the wings. But my, my was that pegasus fast. He might even give that resident show off weather pony a run for her money. Unlike her however, he didn't seem the sort the brag or show off without being encouraged Starfall thought to herself.

Behind her, the door opened and Mayor Mare stepped out. Starfall hoped Night Fury heard her would return swiftly, Mayor Mare didn't much like Starfall, she found it an insult to her peace keeping skills that a private detective would set up shop.

13. Finerkill

Fury was picking up speed, ready to take over Starfall, when she came to a sudden stop, and muttered something to him. Unfortunately for Fury, he didn't hear it and went flying into a wall, just as another pony walked out of the store that she stopped out.

"Ugghh", he said as he looked up to see an official looking pony looking down at him. "Um...you must be the Mayor".

"And you must be the New Head Guard for the next few weeks", she peered down at him through her glasses, "Well, I hope you're not as excitable as this as you are on Duty". The Mayor shoved her nose up in the air and walked back towards the Town Hall.

"That was a mean old trick, Starfall", Fury said with a serious face...then a grin. "Looks like I'm going to have a rough day tomorrow".

14. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall covered her face with her wing to hide her grin. 'Here, we can ask Mrs. Cake for an ice pack for your head, if you need it' She entered the shop and sat by her usual table facing the window. On slow days she would sit by the window for hours with a cup of sweet tea, watching Ponyville go by. She would try to guess what they were doing and where they were going and more often than not her assumptions were correct. Shame it was always very boring, mundane things. No pony in Ponyville ever did anything mysterious. She gestured for Night Fury to join her, and she held a menu out for him.

15. Finerkill

"Don't worry about me." He was used to injuries, not ones due to flying, but when he was on duty, and this one didn't seem to serious. Starfall had gestured him to join her on a table near the window offering a menu to Fury. He had only just realized how hungry he actually was. "Hrrm, I don't know whats good here; what would you suggest?". He had seen this place on his previous visits to Ponyville, but he had never been inside or ordered anything although, to be fair, he never eats out.

16. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'The best thing isn't on the menu' grinned Starfall. She gestured at the gangly yellow stallion talking to some customers. 'Despite his name, Mr. Cake makes a delicious apple and daisy salad' Starfall flagged him down and made the order. Within a few minutes the pair hand a sandwich and cup of tea apiece. 'So, how is Ponyville compared to the bustling metropolis of Canterlot? I have never been myself' Starfall asked, blowing gently on her drink

Sorry if I jumped the story ahead a bit, I just didn't want everything to get stuck on ordering lunch :D

17. Finerkill

Thats totally fine
    "To be fair, I'm never actually in Canterlot during the daytime. I'm part of the night guard you see." Fury paused and took a sip of the Tea that Starfall ordered for him, "Normally I would be asleep by now. There is one major difference however, its quieter now, in the Daytime, than it is at night in Canterlot. Its pretty much guaranteed for there to be a drunken brawl outside a pub, or a spell gone wrong inside the Castle."

18. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall was in mild shock, she looked outside. How could anywhere be busier than this at night? Apart from on special occasions, most every pony would be indoors at night and silence would descend upon Ponyville. How could anyone sleep in Canterlot with such a racket happening every night? 'I'm suprised they can spare the guard' Starfall noted 'Canterlot sounds like a danger...' She paused, choosing her words more carefully '...interesting place'

19. Finerkill

Fury grinned, "Less 'dangerous', just more 'trouble'. Serious crimes aren't really heard of, but it definitely does need a good force to keep it in check. Most of the criminals just need a good sleep and they are back to normal the next day. Last big bit of trouble we had were the Changelings, other than that, its been quiet. And there isn't much noise, people mostly have respect, besides, I don't live IN the city, I live just below it." Thinking of his house made him wish he was there now, and not staying in this town, well, at least he had something to do until it was time to sleep.

20. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn Wave, a yellow coated pegasus-pony sat alone in the corner. He just moved to the town after wandering Equestria for a while, he missed the quiet of the island life he was used to and he day-dreamed of the rolling surf that used to carry him and his dreams. He noticed two ponies talking across the room, he had yet to order and hid himself behind the menu, he was shy.