1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A New Arrival

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Finerkill, 17 August 2012.

1. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'So will you be part of the day or night guard here in Ponyville?' Starfall asked. She began to casually look around for Mr. Cake. Lunch at Sugarcube Corner was not complete without dessert. She laid eyes upon a yellow stallion in the corner. She was aware a new pegusi had moved into town within the last few weeks, but to her knowledge, it was the first time he had been into Ponyville town centre. She decided that before she left, she would introduce herself to him.

2. Finerkill

Finerkill Al. Alice. Al Gore. Big Al. Small Al. Alex. Finer.

"Daytime. Which is different from usual but I'll just have to put up with it, they couldn't find anyone else to do the job." If this town is as quiet as he thought it was, then he would love it. At least he could treat it like a holiday. "So have there been any hot cases recently here in Ponyville?"

3. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall snorted into her teacup. 'Hardly. Though I suppose you could count the 'mystery of who replaced Mrs. Cake's cherry glaze with tabasco' as being 'hot'.'

4. Finerkill

As he had though. Quiet. Just the way he liked it. Maybe he would ask for a permanent Transfer to this quiet little town. Still, he remained quiet and stared into his Teacup. Suddenly, he found himself puzzled, "Why did you set up a Detective Agency here then?" he said breaking the awkward silence.

5. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

She saw his puzzled expression and looked back just as confused 'Because I live here. My friends live here. My family live here. My whole life is here.' She took a sip from her teacup 'Business is slow and the work is boring, but I get by. But I certainly don't make enough to move to Canterlot.'. She slammed her cup down, suddenly feeling very angry at herself. 'Besides, I have no other skills. I am not a brave or strong pony, so I couldn't work for the Royal Guard' Starfall gestured to Fury with her cup 'And I missed out on all the important flying lessons when I was a filly, so I could never learn to control the weather!' She sighed and placed her cup down. 'Sorry about that'

6. Finerkill

Fury jumped back, startled at the outburst. Feelings was not something he was good at dealing with. He seem to have angered Starfall without wanting to. He peered around the restaurant at the other customers, hoping one of them would help him with this situation. He eventually gave up, hiding behind his cup he whispered, "I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to anger you. I was just a bit curious.", He peered up from his cup and looked at Starfall, "And besides, I may have the brawn, but when it comes to the brains, I am slightly lacking in that department." He hoped he had cheered her up, other ponies confused Fury.

7. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'Oh i'm not angry at you' Starfall replied, apologetically 'Just at myself'. She hoped she hadn't emabrassed herself, or driven her new friend away, if she could call him that. 'I am sure that any royal guard of Canterlot needs a strong head and a good heart, and they are the most important things, I think'

8. Finerkill

It seemed that the owner, Mr. Cake, Fury remembered, had heard the shouting and had popped his head out from behind the counter to see where it came from. He was trotting his way over, when he heard Starfall, "Oh I'm not angry at you".

In order to break the silence Fury had decided to order Dessert, he called Mr. Cake over and asked for a small box of Blueberry Muffins. "I'm sure you don't mind, do you?" Fury asked Starfall. He trotted his way back to the Kitchen to get them. Fury stared out the window at the ponies passing by, wondering if he could get to know more of them. "You certainly have a colourful bunch here, everyone in Canterlot is either 'Too good', or 'not good enough' to speak to you."

9. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall nodded in thanks at the muffins. 'Snobbery is never much of an issue round here. In fact, only a few ponies spoil an otherwise perfectly accepting and friendly town.' She licked her lips in anticipation as the muffins arrived and helped herself to one. 'So, have you ever been to Cloudsdale? I have always wanted to visit there myself'

10. Finerkill

Cloudsdale. The one place that he refused to enter. "I grew up in Cloudsdale, but I haven't been back since I'd left. No reason to go back to be honest." He shyly looked at his muffins, when he realized he lost his appetite.

11. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall picked at her muffin aimlessly, pulling out a blueberry and tossing it into her mouth. 'I'm sorry, it appears I have now upset you. No worries. Let's not talk about each others futures or pasts and concentrate on the present, hmm?' She prodded his muffin closer towards him with her hoof 'which for you means enjoying this muffin, you won't regret it, I promise'

12. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

This was Dawn's first time into town. He lived mainly on the outskirts as near to the ponds as he possibly could; they reminded him of home. Although he was shy, he was catching snippets' of the conversation between two ponies whom, one he managed to detect to be a guard pony from his sheer physique, the other he wasn't quite sure about. He smiled. Looking back at the menu, he frowned, all this food was alien to him; he flipped through the menu frustratingly looking for the more marine-based food with no avail.

Sighing, he put the menu down and started to leave.

13. Finerkill

"I guess there's no harm really." He took the muffin and bit into it. She was right, he didn't regret it. He noticed another one of the Customers starting to leave; he seemed to try and avoid Eye Contact with the them as he passed. Fury had a feeling that he was new too, and that Starfall would no doubt want to talk to him, so he quickly made an excuse to get going.

"Unfortunately, I'll have to awake sharpish in the morning, and I still need to find out where I'm living for the next week." He said while standing up. "Keep the rest of them muffins," He smiled at Starfall, "And I hope that we meet again, my friend."

14. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall bid farewell to her new friend, sad that he had to leave. But, she reasoned, he would be around town plenty often in the coming weeks. She noticed the yellow pony with the wave cutie mark starting to leave too.

'Hey! Mr. Water Butt, want a muffin?' She lifted the box an shook it 'The name's Starfall'

15. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

At first, Dawn carried on walking, not picking up on the fact that Starfall was talking to him. He froze. He thought. If it wasn't for the fact that he'd never seen nor heard of a muffin, his shyness would have left him immobile. Thus, he managed to ask with curiosity:

"A muffin? What's that?"

He looked to the box she was holding in interest.

16. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Ooops, sorry for the wait, thought I had replied to this!

Starfall looked at the pony curiously. How could you not know what a muffin was? She lifted one up towards his face. 'They are a thing, you eat it. They taste all...muffiny. And look, this one has blueberries in it. They are a fruity berry thing. Very tastey! And urmmm.....' She paused, trying to use her limited vocabulary to describe what something so common to her tasted of. 'Look. Just taste it. It's good, I promise!'

17. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn looked at the item in front of him cluelessly. He had never seen such a thing but knew at least it was food. Taking the muffin, the studied it in more detail, poking it and then finally giving it the tiniest of a lick... he beamed.

"This... this is... Good!" He cried happily as he started munching the first one and only looked disapointed when it disapeared. He looked at Starfall longingly, hoping another muffin would fly out of the box and into his hoofs. "How does it contain so many flavors?!" He asked her excitedly.

18. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall grinned widely, amused at the pony's reaction. She tapped her nose with a hoof 'Well that is a secret Cake family recipe I am sure' She took another out for herself and offered the rest to the stranger 'So must you be from, to have never heard of muffins before?'

19. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Eyeing the muffin gleefully, Dawn had trouble trying to pick a single muffin he liked. He realised that he wasn't afraid or shy about this pony, rather he found her very easy to get along with, it surprised him. Answering he question, he replied;
    "I was born outside of Equestria" he shuffled with that, in the sense wasn't quite sure how ponies would respond to outsiders.

20. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'Wow!' Starfall exclaimed. She had never met a pony from outside Equestria before. Sure, she was friends with a few donkeys and knew a griffon or two, but they were all born in Equestria. 'Where!' She said gleefully, her geography of anywhere outside of Ponyville was pretty limited, but just to hear someone talk about a faraway land was fascinating.