1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A New Beginning!

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sir Dave of Dave, 20 July 2014.

1. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Schismic Rift had finished moving into her new home in Ponyville. She had known that it wouldn't be much to look at, but that simple fact didn't bother her and the small house suited her perfectly. Her house only consited of three rooms: a small bedroom, a tiny bathroom and a reletively large main room which was made up of a kitchen and a lounge with a small set of stairs in the beside the front door leading to the bedroom upstairs.

Since she had finished moving in she had decided to lie down on the navy sofa that she had purchased earlier that day. Her work was completed, at least for the time being, and she wanted to settle down for an hours kip but much to her distaste a series of knocks at her door caused her to awaken. Somepony must have decided to welcome her, she just hoped it wouldn't be anything like Pinkie Pie's welcome.

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Wreck was in a good mood, and when Wreck was in a good mood he went about being overenthusiastically helpful and kind. Having seen the new arrival in town the day before, he had decided (with an idiotic grin on his face) to visit them and see what he could do to help.

Knocking on the door with almost manic ferocity, leaving a few scratches in the wood, he wondered, in the seldom-used logical part of his mind, whether a dragon welcoming you to town was quite the welcome you'd expect in a city full of pastel ponies, but he was confident his efforts would be at least somewhat appreciated. Hopefully.

3. Sir Dave of Dave

The door opened with a slight creek, revealing the white-scaled dragon behind it. "By Thule's Beard!" Shyss screamed, unable to contain her fear of the creature. "What are you doing here?! and Who in Equestria are you?"
    Shyss took a step back, and sincerely hoped the dragon meant her no harm. She paused and glanced up at the glistening white reptilian creature standing before her and noticed that he hadn't acted upon her reaction, maybe he was used to it. Maybe he actually was just standing there to welcome her into her new home. Shyss just sighed and cautiously awaited what it was the dragon was about to say.

#3 Sir Dave of Dave, 21 July 2014
    Last edited: 25 August 2014
  4. Aethelberdia

Wreck was momentarily taken aback by this, but quickly recovered. "I am here, madam, to welcome you into town (and by extent your new house), and my name, if that is what you wish to know, is Wreck. I'm fairly certain you can guess why." Wreck paused. The newcomer gazed blankly. "Now I have introduced myself, may I ask you your name?"

5. Sir Dave of Dave

The charcoal unicorn relaxed, and took a nice deep breath. "My name," she said, still taken aback by the peculiar politeness of the dragon before her, "My name is Schismic Rift, or Shyss for short. Come on in, I'll put the kettle on." Shyss stepped aside and held the door open wide enough for the dragon to enter her abode without damaging anything.
    As she held the door open for her guest she thought through the pros and cons of allowing a dragon into her house. It was true that he would most likely end up breaking something, but then again she didn't really have anything that would be hard to replace, nor did she have anything of sentimental value, but more importantly, she didn't really have any friends and this would be her best opportunity to make at least one.

6. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

"Cas... Cas.. what's with the evil look in your eye??"

"No reason"

Flames started to appear from the sides of her mouth. Midnight knew what this meant, she'd been teaching herself a new way to use her flames and once again he was gonna be the test subject.

A burst of flames headed right towards him and thanks to his quick reaction he jumped just as it would have hit. He took this moment to run, hoping Cascade wouldn't notice that he had escaped. Unfortunately a second fireball, in his direction, almost hit him as he began to gallop towards the centre of Ponyville. A white dragon was stood outside an open door as Midnight rushed past.

"HiWrekhowareyou?I'm AAAARRRRGGGHHHH"

A 3rd fireball hit him on the rump and sent him flying across the ground. Crashing into some barrels a few meters away.

"Erm. Seems I may have gone a little overboard with that last shot."

Cascade glided to the ground a short distance away.

"Sorry Midnight. I was a little excited and got a bit carried away. Again."

A quick change to her pony form and she rushed to his side, Nuzzling him and making sure he was ok. Aside from his tail being a little burnt and a dark brown patch on his rump from where the fireball hit Midnight looked fine.

7. Sir Dave of Dave

Schismic Rift watched the black dragon both in fear and in awe as the medallion around her neck glowed and she transformed back into her pony form. She definitely looked much less scary as a pegasus. Shyss then glanced back at Wreck deciding now that the white dragon wasn't half as terrifying as she had initially thought.
    Casting her darker thoughts aside, she rushed over to the burnt pegasus to make sure he was alright. he had a few minor burns but nothing too serious. She used her horn to quickly tap into the rift, a phosphorescent violet glow emanated from the alicorn spike upon her forehead as she cast a small spell to alleviate the burn victims' pain.
    "There you go," Shyss said, as she released the flow of her rift magic. "Does that feel better?"

8. Blaze_Midnight

Midnight looked towards the unicorn mare that had appeared near. Feeling a warmth flow over him and the discomfort of yet another Cascade fireball hit start to fade he got up.

"Yes thank you miss. My name is Midnight, this embarrassed mare next to me is Cascade."

Once again a blush came to Cascades face, a slight pink hue just visible through her dark fur.

"Hi"

Midnight walked to her side and nuzzled her. She started to lean into his nuzzle a little, once again enjoying the comfort he gave her. "You might wanna go back to your dragon form. Your blushing a little much even for you." Midnight whispered to her

"Ah. Yea don't want to ruin my tough rep do I?"

Shaking herself, her pendant began to glow and she quickly changed.

#8 Blaze_Midnight, 22 July 2014
    Last edited: 22 July 2014
  9. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

"Hey Concord!" Flare shouted to Whilst on Concord's back, trying to shout over the sound of the wind rushing past them.

"Yes, Equine?" Concord replied, not needing to shout as his normal voice was bellowing and overbearing enough.

"I think you need to practice on your reaction times!"

Concord replied with a intrigued look on his face with his long snake like head turned to face Night Flare

"what are you thinking, Flare?" Night Orb was sat behind him also riding Concord as he flew.

"THIS!" before Orb could React, Flare dived off of Concord's back and was free falling down to the ground faster than a wonderbolt on their best lap!
    "CATCH ME, CONCORD!!!" Flare yelled, folding his wings and making his body as streamline as possible; speeding his decent.

"What, No!" Orb's attempt to speak his mind, was interrupted by Concord diving down after Flare

"Buck sake!" Orb's amulet glowed and he disappeared from Concord's back; reappearing on the ground near a White Dragon... a Black dragon... and two ponies. Orb didn't bat and eyelid to the two other dragons and went to 'Drill Sargent' mode and bellowed: "Brace for impact!"

Sure enough, a curled up huge black and green dragon slammed into the ground engulfing the ponies and dragons in a cloud of dust. When the dust dissipated, in the newly formed crater that was just outside one of the houses of ponyville, was a unscathed Concord brushing dust off his scales; acting as if that act was a part of his everyday life, and Flare was stood next to him doing the same and chuckling whilst doing so. Green flames surrounded the surprisingly big crater making the pony and dragon look pretty awesome... so much so that even Rainbow Dash would've had her jaw drop to the ground!

10. Sir Dave of Dave

"Well Midnight, Cascade, I'm pleased to meet you both. My name is Schismic Rift, or Shyss for short." Shyss said with a slight smile. She was glad she had helped at least somepony, although she wasn't expecting to do so as soon as she had, she was expecting to have been able to spend a few days resting and getting to know people before rushing to anyone's aid. In all fairness she still had expected to do so, which is why she used a small amount of her Rift magic to help the burnt pegasus, she just had to hope she wouldn't need to do anything to taxing with her powers again anytime soon.
    A small flash of light startled Shyss and her new acquaintances and from it came a unicorn, "Brace for impact!" he screamed. Before anypony had a chance to react, something struck the ground beside them causing a wave of dust to envelope everypony. As the dust settled Shyss noticed the silhouetted figure of a dragon bathing in green fire.
    Her heart started to race, how is it that she ended up surrounded by three dragons!? The blood was coursing through her veins at an obscene speed, making her dizzy. "By the Circle!" She said to herself, as she cowered before yet another dragon. "How can there be three of them?" Shyss cowered as the dust and fire cleared revealing the towering black dragon and a chuckling white pegasus.

#10 Sir Dave of Dave, 22 July 2014
    Last edited: 22 July 2014
  11. Aethelberdia

Wreck burst out laughing.

12. Mista Squishy

"you! glow stick! are an irresponsible idiot! you should be glad you're my grandson and not in the Royal Luna Guard!" Orb was yelling as he walked over to the crater.

"calm your hooves, if concord couldn't of caught me in time i would've easily avoided crashing" Flare replied as he walked out of the crater

"i'm not worried about YOU... you damn fool! you just made Concord crash into the ground at Luna knows what speed!" Orb was fuming.

"you should not worry about me, Colonel O'Night... you underestimate me" Concord's interrupted the raging Captain whilst exiting the crater also.

"Concord.... how many times must i say it!... it's CAPTAIN ORB!!!" Orb raised his hoof to his face, "buck this... i'm off back to the castle, you two go make some more friends..." The Captain trotted off heavy hooved and with a burst of red light he had gone.

"He over reacts too much"

"He does hold a point Dr Flare"

"yeah i guess... we should introduce ourselves anyway" Flare and Concord headed to towards the group near the crater.

"hey, sorry about the crater, i'm Flare... and this is Concord"

13. Aethelberdia

Wreck stopped laughing (his sides were aching anyhow) and addressed the new... arrivals (for want of a better word). "Name's Wreck. I've heard of you, somewhere," he said, pointing at Flare, "You're a doctor or something, aren't you? And you, Concord," gesturing towards the dragon, "Are probably some great, wise warrior or something like that. I'm getting that kinda vibe off you. Anyhow, we should probably retire to someplace nearby, or the town guard will show up. Then again, they already have, in the form of the old stallion. But the younger ones will show up soon enough."

14. Mista Squishy

"i am... where'd you hear bout me?" Flare was intrigued by the white dragon's good observance.

"and what pray tell is you're name, young one?" Concord walked over to the white dragon, he stood a few feet higher than the young white and blue dragon.

15. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient was woken to some pony talking about a new pony in town he went to the window and saw a small group pony and a dragon standing at the next house to him "Mm must a be a new pony in town" Patient was still not very use to this town he was trying to think weather to introduce himself to the new comer or not most pony still steer at him "You know What I go and say hello best just to get their reaction now".

As he quickly rushed out of his house and walked calmly up to them "Hello I am Patient I just live next door and i would like to welcome you to this new town" Patient said waiting for their reaction to seeing a Zebra weather it going to be a stare or a nice calm talk.

16. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss looked up at the newest arrival and smiled, he was a zebra. She had missed seeing the zebras that inhabited the Viol Archipelago where she hailed from. She hopped towards him and introduced herself, "My name is Shyss," she said, a relieved smile upon her face, "It's short for Schismic Rift."
    She reflected back on her childhood, back when she used to spend her free time playing games with the few zebras that wouldn't bully her for being the only unicorn in the school. A tear threatened to creep into her eye as she remembered her past, the good points of it, and the bad points. she really couldn't believe that had all happened over a decade ago.
    There was also something slightly odd about the zebra standing before her, he was red and white. Never before had she seen a zebra that wasn't black and white, not even once, and she used to live in a land ruled by zebras. In fact, to her knowledge, a red and white zebra has never even been recorded. Shyss just ignored that fact and just took pleasure in the simple fact he wasn't a dragon.

17. Blaze_Midnight

While the banter was happening between the newly arrived dragon, and other ponies. Cascade's eye was drawn towards Shyss, she seemed uneasy around the large number of dragons that had appeared. She had to admit having 2 large male dragons around her made her also very unsettled and small.

Quickly trotting over towards Shyss, who had begun talking with the zebra who had appeared, she had an idea.

"Erm... excuse me. Erm.. I'm very sorry to interrupt but... Miss Shyss I couldn't help but notice you seemed uneasy being around myself and the 2 male dragons over there. Erm. If it helps you feel a little more comfortable."

Cascades pendant began to glow again. In a short time she was once again a pegasus.

"Would you prefer me looking like this?"

18. Sir Dave of Dave

Schismic Rift turned towards the black dragon who was speaking to her, in a somewhat concerned voice. As she turned the dragon's pendant lit up, transforming her back into the pegasus form she was in earlier. "Would you prefer me looking like this?" Cascade asked.
    A smile touched Shyss' lips, she had never expected a dragon to be concerned for her. She now found herself trapped in a strange battle of her personal morals. It was true she'd prefer cascade to use her pony form, but Shyss didn't want anypony, or anydragon as the case may be, to change for her. She took a quick breath and decided that cascade wouldn't have to change for very long, Shyss was used to adapting to new situations, maybe she could also get used to all the dragons.
    "I would, but you don't have to stay like that for me. I'm sure I'll get used to-" Shyss paused and gulped, "-I'm sure I'll get used to being surrounded by towering dragons soon enough." she said with feigned bravado. She wasn't sure if she believed what she was saying or not, but if Ponyville was full of dragons, she'd have to adapt.

#18 Sir Dave of Dave, 23 July 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: 23 July 2014
  19. Blaze_Midnight

"Well the only dragons that would be towering over you are those two. Erm I don't think I'll get much bigger than Midnight while I'm a dragon, and to be honest... I have no problem with that. But I don't mind either really, the other pegasus ponies are supposedly planning a storm at some point today and while I like the rain running off my scales, the wind through my fur feels just as good."

Cascade noticed a pony pulling a fruit cart nearby, somehow ignoring 2 large dragons and a group of ponies. An idea sprung into her mind.

"One sec, I'll be right back."

Trotting over to the cart she pulled a small clear gem from between her feathers.

"Hi. I don't suppose I could offer you this gem for a couple of pieces of fruit?"

Cascade tilted it into the light, the prism effect casting a few rainbows over the ground as it caught the suns rays.

"Wow it's pretty. Yea that would be fine take your pick."

Picking out an apple and pear she passed on the gem and turned to leave only for the mare to stop her in her tracks.

"Take these with you aswell."

Passing over a bunch of bananas.

"Thank you."

Trotting back with her purchases she soon got back to Shyss and offered her the fruit.

"Take your pick."

20. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss studied the fruit before her, and then chose the pair, picking it up with her extremely limited unicorn magic, not wanting to waste any Rift magic. Shyss took a big bite from her pair, a trickle of juice ran down her chin. "Thank you," She said, graciously, before taking another bite of the juicy fruit, "I guess not all dragons are as bad as I hear they are." Added Shyss, with a smile.
    Shyss looked over to the other dragons and the pegasi that surrounded them. Then she turned back to Cascade and Patient, both of whom she had taken a liking to. "So. Do you know those two?" she asked gesturing to the dragon and the pegasus that just crashed into the ground, she was also curious about the unicorn, but he had disappeared and so Shyss ignored him for the time being.