1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A New Beginning!

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sir Dave of Dave, 20 July 2014.

1. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Shyss nodded in response to Wreck's apology, "Unfortunately Wreck, meat isn't exactly easy to come by in most of Equestria, since this country is primarily inhabited by vegetarian ponies. The best place for me to get meat would be from Fellmarsh, since that is now a dragon country, unfortunately that meat wouldn't be very fresh if I had it imported, and shoggoth steaks are supposedly quite an acquired taste."
    After saying what she had Shyss began to doubt herself, she knew that Fellmarsh was now home to "civilised" dragons, and she also knew that the deep swamps of Fellmarsh were home to shoggoth breeding grounds (and some minor treasures from Syrinx). She also knew that shoggoth meat was the primary food source there, but she wasn't able to confirm the last part of her statement since, being a vegetarian, had never eaten shoggoth.
    Her doubt disappeared once she heard a happy little squeak come from Topaz, patient was still holding him, and seemed to be playing with him. She approached patient and took Topaz back. As she did two vague memories came to the forefront of her mind, the first being something her mother used to tell her,
    "Every fairy tale hides a small truth." The second was a scene from her favourite book as a filly, Glory and the Dragon, in the book Glory finds a small dragon egg, and when the dragon hatches she grinds up his egg with some berries and feeds it to him for his first meal.
    "Can sompony bring those pieces of egg downstairs for me?" she asks before leading the way downstairs with Topaz.

2. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Cascade perked up a little after seeing Shyss had recovered pretty well.

"Sure, one moment."

Delicately picking gathering the pieces of eggshell together into the centre of the bed covers.

"Erm, excuse me Wrek, could I have some assistance with carrying these down please?"

She nodded her head towards the shell fragments that were wrapped up in the bed sheets.

3. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

(OOC - i have no clue how to pronounce "þýða")
    Concord raised a scaly brow muscle, as he lacked hair, to Wrecks surprising apology; so surprised in fact, that he was speechless for a moment.
    When Wreck finished, Concord's head lifted up and tilted to the side in confusion. He looked around Ponyville to see Professor Night Flare and Captain Night Orb walking at a soldier's pace toward's Shyss' house. When he saw Night Orb it reminded him of their adventuring days... which made him remember the friendly dragon colony west off the coast of Equestria, this gave Concord an idea about young Topaz and Shyss' fear of dragons.

Concord shoved his head through the window much faster than the last time and unintentionally yelled "I have an idea for us all!" concord realised that what the volume of his voice was rather loud and lowered it, "myself and Captain Night Orb know of a friendly Dragon Colony called Dreki þýða off the west coast of Equestria" just before Concord finished his sentence Orb had teleported into the room with a bright flash of purple light
    "Did someone mention Dreki þýða?" He said cheerily.

"Indeed Captain, as i was saying, it would be a good experience for Topaz and yourself"
    He looked towards Shyss as he finished, "they're vegetarians too, and by that i mean they don't eat meat, they eat precious rocks and gems instead"

4. Sir Dave of Dave

"More Dargons?!" Shyss screamed, startled Topaz and making him drop his teething orb. Shyss took a few deep breaths to compose herself, before attempting to pick up the glowing white teething orb off the floor and return it to Topaz. She struggled for a bit but quickly decided it would be easier to place Topaz in the crook of her foreleg, and then grab the orb.
    Once that was completed and she now held Topaz with her unicorn magic, she turned back to Concord, who had completely destroyed her window frame with his large head. She wasn't looking forward to the amount of cleaning up she had to do, it didn't help knowing that there was also a pile of ash below Night Orb, the remnants of a rug she purchased about three hours earlier. Why had he teleported in with that much force?
    Shyss sighed, she had a lot of work to do to fix up all the damage all these dragons had done to her house, and now one of them was proposing a trip to a dragon colony. "I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I have far too much to do here. So I can't go off gallivanting around some dragon colony I have never heard of before"

5. Blaze_Midnight

Cascade thought for a moment.

"I'll be back shortly."

Midnight looked towards her to see a smirk appear. Shaking his head at the idea with a smile on his face, he couldn't help but think that even thogh he has spent so many years with her, she still kept the surprises coming. He knew what she was planning and what the result could be. Looking around the room they were in and noticing an old friend outside brought a smile to Midnights face.

"Shyss, I have an idea."

Midnight briefly disappeared out of the house. Meeting up with an old friend who he knew could do something awesome. Pointing towards the broken window, and mentioning about the damage within cause a glint in the ponies eyes and a cheer from another group of ponies nearby.

Returning back to the house and rushing back to Shyss and the others.

"Shyss. How would you feel if I said that I could get your home repaired and improved to the state you want it. Including any extensions, alterations ect... and it wouldn't cost you anything at all and it would be done to a really high standard?"

6. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"What kind of idiot would do that for free? I realise this is a helping community but that's plain stupid." Wreck was becoming confused at the country of Equestria. "Shyss. In that case how about you just become freaking Queen of Ponyville? What kind of place is this? There's gotta be preliminaries, purchases, blueprints… Planning permissions! You need permission from the government! Look, Midnight," Said Wreck, turning to the stallion, "I realise you're trying to be kind, but this kind of thing isn't possible."

7. Sir Dave of Dave

"I have to agree with Wreck on this one, as much as I hate to, but he does have a point. Doesn't Princess twilight govern this place along side Mayor Mare? Don't we really have to go through those to get planning permission and extensions? I was also told that I couldn't have any improvements made onto this house by the various ponies at the estate agents when I bought this place?"
    Shyss sighed, she was running low on options to try and get herself out of going to Dreki þýða, "Anyway it's not just about the money," Shyss added, hoping that her last point will be able to stop the trip. "Surely Topaz is too young to travel?"

8. Aethelberdia

"Aaaaaand I disagree with you on that point. The kid's easily old enough to go. Although you look a little pale, Shyss. Are you sure you don't want everybody to just go away while you sort out your affairs and catch your breath?" Wreck was feeling rather concerned, as the room was becoming incredibly crowded.

9. Blaze_Midnight

"Interms of the alterations to the structure of the house. Something can be done about it without anything interms of issues about it."

Midnight looked out towards the pony he was talking to before.

"The pony outside has some 'favours' that he is owed after some... issues that happened about a year ago with the Mayors council and other legal things. He was given a job in the building trade not long after and was told if he needed something, like planing permission being given, then he just needed to ask and give it a couple of days to be put through. He has not needed to use that at all since he was told and in terms of payment, that'll be sorted soon enough aswell."

Midnight pulled a business card from between his feathers and left it nearby where it could be seen.

"If you do decide to go ahead, then have a chat with Gravl. I'm sure he would be happy to sort out your home, even if it's just repairing the damages and leaving the rest intact. Anyway, I better go.. Got a filly to help with flying."

Midnight nodded towards Gravl as he walked out the door.

"Oh and if I know what Cascade is thinking.. prepare yourselves for a different experience."

10. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss approved of the offer, it would be nice to have her house repaired, especially if it was done for free, but she didn't feel right about having any other improvements made. She also didn't like what Midnight said before he left, what was Cascade thinking? And why should everypony prepare themselves.
    She turned to Concord, wanting to settle the first problem, "I still don't want to go to Dreki þýða, I'm already surrounded by enough dragons as it is, and I don't fancy any more. I won't stop you from going there, not with how excited about the trip Night Orb so obviously is, but I shall remain here with Topaz."

11. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Concord's happy expression turned to confusion, "the only reason i brought it up Ma'am is for topaz's sake, for several reasons"
    as He spoke a creaking began in the roof of Shyss' house. "for one it will be a great and enlightening experience for the young one"
    The creaking got louder and more frequent.
    "secondly, if you raise him with your fear of dragons remaining still, he will grow up to fear and resent his own race, and hence forth he shall have a empty void in his being, being forever there; unable to be filled, no amount of love, friendship or mothering will help him... and he shall feel incomplete for all of his life."

Concord's face became dead serious and looked into Shyss' eyes, "i have a good sense for reading ponies and dragons... and i sense you to be a brave, strong and adventurous mare who's mothering is one to be envied and admired by others, and i know you want Topaz Rift to grow up strong, brave... yet also kind and open minded, a mind to not be filled with hate and anger but with happiness and caring."

There was a pause when Concord finished, making the room silent. Suddenly the groaning and creaking of the roof turned to the sounds of splintering wood and hay roofing falling to the ground heavily. Before Concord and the others could realise what was going on; the roof slid off along with Concord, landing him on his back with the whole of Shyss' roof in the clasp of his talons, leaving the entire house without a roof.

Everyone was silent still, but then Night Orb spoke in a optimistic tone, "Well... looks like you won't be able to stay here for a few days-" Suddenly a few parts of the outer walls crumbled down, Night Orb looked around at the damage "hmm...make that a week or two" He looked back to Shyss and spoke after a slight pause with a cheery smile, "i hope you like all camping..."

"SORRY!" Concord bellowed up to the house.

Flare facehoofed and sat on his hind legs shaking his head with embarrassment.

12. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss knew when she had been beat. She didn't have much of a choice now that the roof had slid off the house. "Ok we'll go to Dreki þýða, but first I need to have a quick chat with Gravl."
    As she walked over to the lonely stallion who was watching from a distance, and chuckling to himself, Shyss grumbled under her breath about the state of her new house. "Are you Gravl?" she asked him. He nodded. "Good," she continued, "Well I've been told that you can fix my house, if that's true I just want it to be fixed, no extensions or anything, just returned to the state it was in when I bought it." Gravl nodded once again before Shyss added, "Can I also ask you to also Wreck-proof it, I get the feeling I'll be seeing a lot of him and I don't want to find my house in this state again."
    Gravl nodded once again and then disappeared, Shyss shrugged and returned to her house. Once there she took the egg shells out of Cascade and Wreck's claws and then placed them in a mortar along with a few blackberries. Using her magic she picked up a pestle and ground the egg shells and the berries into a thick paste, the words of her mother resounding through her head once again "Every fairy tale hides a small truth," as she turned the egg shell and berries into Topaz's first meal.
    Once she was satisfied with the texture of the eggshell and berry concoction, she placed Topaz on the counter, separated him from his teething orb, and then started to spoon feed him his first meal.

13. Aethelberdia

"IS EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE DEDICATED TO FALLING ON TOP OF ME?" yelled Wreck, who was stuck beneath Concord's imposing bulk. Wriggling out from underneath the larger dragon, he thought for a second. "And anyway, I bet you did that on purpose. I like that."

14. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

"If you want you can stay in my house until you get your house back in order I have a spare guest room as long as you don't mind mask and pictures " Patient said then facing Wreck "And Wreck there is a thing called free service my mother and father did it they help heal others up free of charge" he said to Wreck

15. Aethelberdia

"Patient, there is a thing called proportion. People do not simply give away incredibly expensive household repairs and planning permissions for nothing. Except apparently this idiot Gravl is. And now we've got to go to freaking Dreki whatever, or else Shyss there will probably freak out. I'm not in a good mood today." Wreck was feeling crushed, both by the amount of things happening and Concord's great weight.

16. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Ferrum finally walks out of the house, since what happened with Shyss brought back memories from the past, and not the kind of memories that he wanted back either. As he is walking he notices Wreck pulling himself out from under Concord.
    "Wreck, do you always complain and try to prove everypony wrong. Seriously dude you have to chill out and keep out of other peoples business." He knew that he was being harsh but everything he said was true, he had to try and stop arguments in Ponyville since they are what he hates the most.

17. Aethelberdia

"I don't ALWAYS complain unless there's something major to complain about!" said Wreck, following Ferrum out of the house. "You can't seriously tell me you don't care about any of this? Shyss is currently holding a member of my race, and while I do not doubt her capabilities I'm still entitled to care about a child's safety! Look at what has happened to Shyss today, anyway: Her house has been wrecked (and not even by me for the most part), a living creature pushed upon her and now she is being FORCED to go somewhere she doesn't want to go! Doesn't ANYONE CARE ABOUT HER?"

18. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss quickly raised a hoof and said in a slightly playful tone "I care about me!" Once she had gained Wreck's attention, which was all that she wanted for the time being, she continued in a more serious tone. "I understand that you are trying to defend my case, and for that I am grateful. However, Concord has made a valid point that it would be beneficial for Topaz to go to this dragon sanctuary. No matter how much I don't want to go, I'm not going to allow Topaz to miss out on such an opportunity to be freed of the bias that Concord has already pointed out, he would most definitely be raised in."
    She paused for a second, softened her tone and added, "I do appreciate your concern Wreck, truly I do, but sometimes ponies and dragons alike have to do things they don't exactly want to for the benefit of others, and for me, this is one of those times."

19. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Ferrum looks at Shyss in confusion.
    "are you secretly a philosopher? because you would make an excellent one" Ferrum chuckled to let everypony know that it was a joke. he knew that she was good with words, the whole few minuted he had known her she had already spoken the half of the dictionary that he doesn't understand.
    "either way you beat me... I hit metal for a living"

20. Aethelberdia

Wreck laughed. "Still better than my living. I've often admired blacksmiths, unless of course you actually make a living punching metal." Wreck was rather surprised. Ferrum must have had some kind of relaxing aura, because Wreck was suddenly feeling fine. He resolved to have a psychiatrist look at him ASAP in case he was developing mood swings.