1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

A new Brony from Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Critical Hit!, 27 August 2019.

1. Critical Hit!

Critical Hit! New Pony

Hi,

My name is Critical Hit! I am from Northern Ireland. I am currently an Oral English teacher working in Southern China and have been working within China for 7 years, but I like to go home for the Summer and Spring break to see my family and my remaining friends there (I made most of my friends around the area I work but I've also made some friends from Switzerland since I first attended the Galacon convention in Germany back in 2017). I also like to travel a bit around England mainly to attend concerts and festivals.

I'm really into Metal music, a Bloodstock regular, I love bands such as Parkway Drive, Iron Maiden, Napalm Death and Killswitch Engage (these are just samples of my musical interests). And although I wouldn't consider myself a guitarist, I do like to play about with my electric guitars.

I also really like video games, especially retro games but I have gotten into the Nintendo Switch recently and have built a collection of games since my childhood. I love Smash bros, even though I suck a little bit at it and I do like to build my very own joysticks out of pizza boxes.

I've been meaning to join this website for a while now and I hope to expand my interests with others and it would be awesome to find new friends within this community.

Thank you
    Critical Hit!

2. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Welcome aboard, and have fun! :)

3. Critical Hit!

Critical Hit! New Pony

Thank you very much for the warm welcome F.I.N.E

4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Welcome to the forums!
    I know this is a bit
    Delayed, but still I hope you
    Have fun, Critical Hit! :)

Can't say I know anything about metal music, but if @Cheese Sandwich is around he may have something to say.

Have you seen anything of the MLP fandom in China while you've been out there? It's becoming really substantial these days, from what I hear, but the language barrier does get in the way of much interaction between their fandom and ours.