1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A Pleasant Day in Town

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sir Dave of Dave, 11 March 2016.

1. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Cloud smiled as he watched his wife tune her instruments ready for the day. She seemed so at peace when doing so. "Good morning Femata," He said, he liked to say her name as it was one of the few he remembered. She also liked to hear him say it, it made her feel loved knowing he remembered her name.
    "Good morning to you" she said, turning to face him. Her smile turned into a bit of a frown for a moment as she straightened his jacket, Her smile returned when she had finished. "Can you take this to the cart for me?" she asked, gesturing to her wheelharp, before heading towards the kitchen.
    He obliged without question as Femata quickly sorted breakfast for the two of them. The wheelharp was cumbersome, but this particular model had wheels to make it more mobile, and also brakes to keep it still when it's being played. After loading the wheelharp onto the cart, he checked the rest of the carts load, he didn't want Feamata leaving anything behind.

After breakfast the two walked together to the town square. Cloud Spike pulled the cart for his wife, helped her unload it and then helped set up for her day of busking. They briefly nuzzled, before Femata waved him off, and started her warm up on her hurdy gurdy.
    Once content with her Warm ups she started on her first piece, a variation of her favourite song from Hinny of the Hills. As she played she watched Ponyville's square come to life. A few ponies paused before her and dropped a bit into her gurdy case. She nodded a thank you and smiled. The process repeated itself another two times during her first piece.
    Femata smiled, something told her today would be a very good day.

Once Cloud Spike had made it to the gym, signed in and hung up his jacket, he started to feel slightly self-conscious. It happened every time he was coaching, he always expects it, but he always falls for it. He splashed a bit of water in his face and started to warm up with a light trot on the treadmill before his first pupil arrived. As he trotted his problems slowly melted away.
    He smiled, something told him today would be a very good day.

This is just a casual RP for anyone who just wants to RP, it's just about a single pleasant day in Ponyville, I don't care if you're in the square meeting with friends/listening to Femata, in the gym being coached in boxing by Cloud, or just working out. You could even be in the pub watching the cricket, or in the bookstore ordering the next issue of Daring Do.

Chill out, have fun, and if you're in the vicinity, Femata would appreciate a bit or two dropped into her gurdy case.

2. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Anna woke to find Elise making breakfast for her once again, she had a habbit of oversleeping slightly, not that it mattered as the market was open from dawn til dust, an hour or two missed is nothing to worry about. "Hey sleepy head" Elise called over to her partner with a slight pur to her voice. Elise just loved the mornings and doing nice things for Anna. It made her so content.
    "Hi there early bird." Anna replied with a yawn towards the end of what she was saying as she approached Elise giving her a soft hug from behind and resting her chin over her shoulder, her eyes still half shut. "Mmm smells good. trying something new?" Anna asked sleepily.
    "Nope," Elise replied, "one of my Gran's recipes. So pretty old" The minotaur giggled and pecked the drowsier minotaur hanging on her shoulder. "take a seat. it's ready for the plate." The sleepy Fair-Maiden walked over to the table and plunked herself onto a chair and stretched, attempting to gain some more lucidness. "Bon appétit." Elise said with a smirk on her face as she placed the plate on the table before sitting down with her own serving. "Good thing it's a Sunday market. you look knackered." She giggled. "I won't be once i've had your cooking." Anna smiled as she tucked into her food.

------------------------

Once Anna and Elise had finished their meals and geared up for the day the both of them headed into the town square, Elise pulled Anna's supply cart in every morning to help her before going off to whatever work or plans she had. "Here looks fine!" Anna chirped as she walked over to a clear space of the square, perfect for a stall setup, which happened to be a few feet away from a busker. Elise pulled the cart over and untied the ropes around it and pulled the cover off, laying it on the ground for a nice place for Anna to sit when she needed a rest from standing so much. "How's that, hun?" Elise asked looking over to the energetic Minotaur, the Morning sun always made her look ten times more beautiful in Eliser's eyes. "Mhm!" Anna nodded her head with a huge smile on her face as she gave Elise a epck on the cheek "I can handle the rest from here. you run along and see if that gym accepts minotaurs, go on, haha!" Anna twirled Elise around and pushed her back lightly to get her moving as she giggled and blew a kiss, getting a reply from Elise who didn't waste any time in making her way across the square. "i'll come round before dusk to pick you up!" Elise gave a final word before the crowd took her from view.

Anna sighed and scratched her chin as she observed what veggies and fruit she had to sell for today whilst she thought of a nice arrangement to make for them on the fold-able stall table Elise had made for her. Once she had thought her thoughts she quickly got to work stacking the food onto the table making sure to show off every last vibrant colour. Anna dusted her hands together and placed them on her hips as she admired the display she created, Finally, she was ready for business.

Elise managed to duck in time before knocking her head on the door frame of the gym's entrance. She headed for the reception desk over to the left of which the receptionist was busy on the phone and turned around on her spin-able chair. "Ahem! Ma'am?" Elise called over to the receptionist. who promptly put the caller on hold and twirled around to suddenly yelp at the sight of a towering Minotaur on the other side of her desk. "Oh sorry dear!... phew... you startled me! i wasn't expecting... well... uuuh..." Elise interjected before the receptionist could finish, "A Minotaur?" Elise's expression was that off disappointment and slight aggravation, she expected that in a town she's been living in with her girlfriend for several years now, nopony would jump out of their skin over her. Female Minotaurs aren't even that scary!
    Seeing Eliser's expression the receptionist responded, "y-yes... i AM sorry... it was just... unexpected. Anyway, what can i do for you miss?" The receptionist said with a very guilty and apologetic look on her face. There was a pause before Elise continued. "I was wondering if your facilities were suitable for someone such as myself... you know, a Minotaur?"

3. Sir Dave of Dave

Femata laid down her hurdy gurdy, she wanted to play a few pieces on the wheelharp, and decided to use the instrument switch as an excuse to have a snack. She was fortunate today, Anna's fruit stand had set up right next to her and so she didn't have to leave her stuff alone for very long. She took a few bits from her gurdy case, and trotted over to the stand. "Good morning Anna," she sang with a smile, "I'd like one of your lovely oranges please."

Cloud let out a chuckle as he watched the minotaur scare the new receptionist through the window. He knew there were a few minotaurs in town, but he'd only ever met Fruit-Minotaur, this wasn't Fruit-Minotaur. Maybe she was related to her. He decided it was no concern to him who she was, even if he found out, he'd just forget her name, and be forced to find out something about her to identify her by. Scary-Minotaur maybe? He chuckled once more before shaking his head and continuing his warm up.

4. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Tyler put down the weights and exhaled loudly as he did so, the pony sat on the bench and dabbed a towel on his head to wipe off the sweat. he is a regular gym member and understands that he is at the gym way more then he should be, but he enjoys it. as he sits up he notices cloud chuckle, Tyler didn't see cloud walk in and was curious about what he was chuckling at. the pony stood up onto his hooves and begins to slowly trot towards cloud and as he walked past the corner he sees a minotour.

"That's something you don't see every day" Tyler lets out a smile " how are you anyway Cloud, its been a while"

5. Sir Dave of Dave

Cloud cocked his head at the pony who just joined him. Canterlot-Jeweler-Pony? Was it really him? Cloud hadn't seen Canterlot-Jeweler-Pony since he sold him an engagement ring for Femata four years ago. "It really has been a while, aye" Cloud said, with a small degree of shock, "I've been good, Femata said 'yes' and has been keeping me happy and healthy. More importantly, what are you doing in Pony Ville?"

6. Mista Squishy

"oh hi Femata. how've you been?" Anna chirped as she handed the juiciest orange she could find to the Mare. "That'd be 3 bits."

The receptionist scratched her head and replied "i'm not sure... i mean... we don't own anything specifically for Minotaurs. but i know the exercise machines like rowers or treadmills are definitely too small. the only things that would be repetitively safe for your use would be the weights and other non mechanised workout equipment." She placed her hooves back on the desk and looked up to Elise again. "is that's enough Miss?"

"yep. sounds like all i'll need." Elise replied somewhat pleased. "so how much is it per session to work out?"

"oh, actually we give everyone 1 day's free trail so they can explore and see if they like the place first, after that it's 5 bits a day. or you can sign up for a membership. but you'll have to talk to Cloud Spike, as I'm not sure what the details are on the membership yet, new job you see." The receptionist gave a forced smile. "anyway he's the gym trainer here."

"oh, awesome. Thanks Miss" Elise replied with a smile as she headed for the large glass wall with a glass door to one side of it. you wouldn't be able to tell there was a door if it weren't for the large silver handle. once she stepped into the gym area a few ponies slowed their routines and gave looks towards her, a few didn't care much and one or two stopped completely. Elise approached the dumbbells and noticed that for a creature of her size they wouldn't make very good dumbbells, however she noticed that two of them were free which gave her an idea. Lifting one of them up in one hand she walked over to the other and took it into the opposite hand as she began to pull one up to her chin and back down to then do the same with the other over and over. that was something more suited to her strength level.

7. Sir Dave of Dave

"I've been pretty good," Femata said, handing Anna 3 gold coins, "I'll be playing one of my own compositions soon, so keep an ear open" She flashed the minotaur another smile before turning and heading back to her cart to enjoy her orange

8. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

"New smells.... oo what's this?"

Blight had been left to his own devices for the day. Cascade had decided that, being a good boy, he deserved a little time to explore by himself and see what new things he could find. There was a catch though, and that was that he had to behave himself.

He was currently sniffing his way down a couple of back alleys and seeing what stuff he could find that had been thrown out. He had come across things, such as old socks (who knew ponies wore socks and that they stunk), sweaty leg bands, some old quils and ink pots. His favourite thing so far though had to be the squeeky ball that some strange pony had thrown away. How could anypony throw away something as glorious as this?.

He knew better than to just pick it up in his mouth. Mummy Cas had told him not to carry something in his mouth if he didn't know where it had been. So he had used his paw to knock it out and batted it along the floor as he walked. Pouncing on it occassionally so he could make it squeek.

Mrs Morning Dew had come out of her home so that she could knock the dust off an old rug. Though her eyes were not what they used to be. She saw Blight as a young puppy and noticed that he was pouncing on something as he made his way past her. Curiosity getting the better of her. She lay the rug over the nearby fence and called Blight over.

"Hello little puppy. What have you got there?"

Blight hadn't heard this voice before. He turned and saw an elderly unicorn looking at him, a big friendly smile on her face.

"Hi.. It's my new ball"

He cautiously moved towards her still knocking his new toy ahead of him.

Mrs Dew looked down and could make out a small round object that had just rolled and hit her hoof. Blight moved a little closer and realised he had hit it a little to too hard as he watcher her use her magic to lift it closer so she could see it better.

"Please.... please don't take squeek away"

Flattening his ears and whimpering. He was worried that this new pony was going to take his toy away from him.

"It's ok puppy. I'm just having a look at it, I promise I won't take it away from you."

The old mares voice was a little soothing for the young pup. He let her have a closer look and the sound she made as she looked it over worried him a little.

"tut tut. This is very dirty. I'm going to have to clean it up aren't it?"

Mrs Dew turned towards her door with the ball floating above her. A loud whimper from Blight caused her to turn back around.

"It's ok puppy. I'm not going anywhere and neither is your ball."

A cloth and 2 bowls of water floated out of the house. One settled on the ground infront of Blight. The other settled on the ground near Mrs Dew.

"There you go puppy. Have a drink if you want. I'm just going to clean the ball for you then you can have it back."

She dipped the cloth in the bowl of warm clean water. Lifting it out again she started to clean the dirt and grime from the ball. Blight lapped a couple of times from the bowl near him and then he sat and watched the old mare.

A few minutes went past as Morning made sure there wasn't a speck of dirt or grime left stuck. After she had done, she lowered the ball down towards Blight. She let him sniff and check it over himself.

"There we go. What do you think?"

"You... you cleaned him for me..?"

Blight stood and his tail wagged quickly from side to side. A happy cheerful look on his face as he realised that she was a nice pony after all. He moved forward and nuzzled into her forleg. He raised up on his hindlegs and gave Morning a lick on her cheek as a thank you, then stood back on all fours as she carefully brought the ball to his mouth.

Opening his mouth so she could place it between his jaws, Blight knew he had to come back again at somepoint and repay her. But for now he stood proud, with Squeeky in his mouth and his new friend smiling back at him. She seemed just as happy as he was.

"Take care little pup. Who knows, we might see each other again soon."

Morning waved to Blight as she turned back to the rug she was cleaning. Blight turned and began a happy trot into the market place.

9. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

"I'm glad everythings going great for you two" Tyler remembers the day he sold Cloud his engagement ring, the ring was quite a difficult task to complete. Tyler picked up a set of weights and as he did so the marks on his hoof glowed gold for a few seconds, slowly fading back to the black pattern it was previously

"so, how long you been coming to this gym then?"

10. Sir Dave of Dave

Femata had finished her orange and had resumed her performance. She loved the feel of the wooden keys under her hooves as she played, but more importantly she loved the sound, and the way it made her feel. There weren't many things in life that pleased her as much as the sound of a wheelharp. The whole string section of a philharmonic orchestra was in her hooves and it filled her with power. Powers of life and death, peace and war, yin and yang. It was all hers, Hers! Hers to manipulate and mold before her small audience.
    Feamata smiled as she looked over the small group of ponies that had stopped to listen, the coda was approaching, it was almost time to debut one of her own pieces. There was more power in her music than she had ever given for, and maybe she should unleash some of it into the square to bring joy to the hearts of all those around. The piece ended with a perfect cadence, a brief round of applause came from the six-or-so ponies who were observing, Femata bowed her head and mouth a thank you before spinning the wheel back up and opening her next piece with a low drone on the G.

"I've been coming to this gym for about four years," Cloud said, letting the fact Canterlot-Jeweler-Pony ignored his question slide, "I've been working here for two."
    His eyes followed the minotaur as she entered the main room of the gym and started to work lifting forty-kilo barbells with a single hand. Show-Off-Minotaur? He turned back to his friend from Canterlot, "Escuse me." He said, before shutting off his treadmill and approaching the newcomer.
    "Good morning," he said, once he was close enough to politely engage in conversation, "I'm Cloud Spike, head trainer here, are you new?"

11. Blaze_Midnight

Blight held his head high and walked with pride and with a little squeek in his step as he bit a little harder on Squeeky. He had made his way into the market place and watched the ponies making their way about their day. It seemed all busy, busy, busy.

Something soon caught his attention as a stamping and 'clapping' of hooves not so far away drew his attention.

"I wonder what's happening over there?"

He began to make his way over to see what the commotion was about. As he got closer he could make out a strange thing with a mare near it.

Gently nudging his way between a couple of the ponies who were watching. He heard a noise come from the thing infront, which spooked him a little. This caused him to whimper a little and dive behind one of the ponies who was stood watching the musician play.

"what is that?? It's scary."

#11 Blaze_Midnight, 20 March 2016
    Last edited: 20 March 2016
  12. Mista Squishy

Elise Looked over her shoulder to find a blue pony conversing with her. "Oh, hi there." The Minotaur girl lowered the barbells and dropped them onto the floor with a thud, luckily not enough of a thud to damage anything. "I'm Elise Fire-Fur," She offered her hand, "i guess you could say i'm new." She smiled slightly, "I'm trying out these facilities for the up coming weeks, i don't get much business in the mid spring so i'm planning to fill my time with a workout to make up for it all." The Minotaur suddenly realised that he'd said that he was the head trainer, she looked back at the barbells she had been using and looked back at the pony, thinking that he might be approaching her about potential misuse of equipment. "I'm not breaking any rules regarding these, am I?" She motioned her head toward the bells again.

---------------------

Anna smiled, not needing to reply vocally. Once Femata had gone, Anna noticed that nobody else was queuing for her stall, quickly, Anna took this as a opportunity for a break and grabbed and orange before placing a sign saying "Sorry, lunch break... Back in 5 ~<3" and seating herself on the bench behind her stall where she had a perfect seat to enjoy Femata's current performance. The instrument she was using was strangely appealing, creepy... but appealing.

13. Sir Dave of Dave

Cloud chuckled. "No, you're not breaking any rules," he said, "it's just normally folk on use one barbell at a time, and since we only have two barbells of each weight, I'd appreciate it if you would share if another pony needs one."
    He looked up towards the clock on the wall, and then back down to Show-Off-Minotaur. "Anyway, my Thirteen-Hundred will be here soon, so if you need anything, give me -or anypony else wearing one of these- a holler" he said, flashing the ID card attached to his red lanyard. "Have fun," he said turning around and quickly waving a hoof.

Femata looked up from her wheelharp, the whole feel of the piece was about to change, dynamics, tempo even time signature, she wanted to watch her audience's reactions when it happened. She smiled as she looked across her audience, a puppy had even included himself among them. She looked back at her harp as she slowly faded out her root note, slowly counting to six in her head to keep beat. There was a brief moment of silence, and then Femata dropped down into a 3/4 time signature and played an upbeat Mixolydian melody.
    The audience recoiled, the sudden jolt as the piece changed from a slow 6/4 drone to what it is now took them aback. Once the initial shook was over the audience sprung to life, smiles all round, and even a few folk started dancing to her music. Until now, she had never felt this much joy. She had only played music composed by others, but now she knew what it was like to play her own music. Nothing would stop her now.

14. Blaze_Midnight

Blight noticed the change in the tone. It had gone from something sounding scary to something... happy.

"It changed?.."

Blight noticed that his tail waas wagging happily from side to side of its own accord. Some clopping sounds close by drew his attention and he noticed the ponies were twirling and dancing to the new upbeat music. A couple of ponies didn't notice that they were almost stepping on the little pup.

"Ahh.. watch out.. please.. "

Seems the upbeat nature of the music was taking their attention away. Blight darted around and kept avoiding the hooves of the ponies as they moved around. He didn't realise as he moved that he was getting closer and closer to the source of the music.

He stopped a couple of feet away from the instrument and looked up, watching the mare play.

"She looks happy... "

Blight tilted his head and twitched his ears a little in response to each note being played.