1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville A Slow Day For Adventure

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by RainbowBandit, 20 August 2012.

1. RainbowBandit

RainbowBandit Resident Fangirl

Holly Day sat behind her desk in her travel shop, Holly Day's Holidays.
    The shop was as close to the centre of Ponyville as she could afford the rent for. The decor on the inside was quite nice, the best feature being the massive map of Equestria that took up the whole of the back wall of the shop, incredibly detailed so ponies could find pretty much any place on it. They'd come in with their dream trip in mind, and Holly would make it happen. That was the theory, anyway. Unfortunately, Holly was not getting much business this past couple of weeks, as the citizens of Ponyville were out enjoying the summer sunshine, the booking of a glamorous vacation the last thing on their minds. To tell the truth, Holly would have much rather been somewhere new enjoying it herself. The sandy yellow Pegasus had an adventurous spirit and often got restless staying in one place. But she had a business to run, and had to make her bits somehow. Truth be told, being a travel agent was the best job she could have asked for, especially when she got to take a lot of trips to new places for 'research' purposes. Her special talent was, after all, for finding holiday spots. But today not one pony had entered her shop. She hoped somepony would come inside if even just to talk, but, until then, she propped her head up with one hoof and found herself drifting into one of her frequent daydreams of far-off places.

2. CottonOrange

CottonOrange Karaoke King

"I say! What a quaint little shop!" Came the sound of a stallion's voice from the door. The golden coloured pony stood by the door with his archaeologist's hat in place. A friendly smile was on his face as he trotted towards the front desk. As he stood by the front desk and adjusted his monocle, staring at the large map in awe. "I must say, as soon as i saw that map, i had to come and see it up close!" He continued to keep his focus on the map just behind the pegasus.

3. RainbowBandit

As the stallion entered the room, Holly snapped out of her thoughts, instinctively dropping her hoof to the desk, and almost bringing her head down with it before managing to steady herself.
    "Oh! Yes! Hi there!" she said, trying to cover up her previous dreaminess with over enthusiastic nervous giggling.
    "Welcome to Holly Day's Holidays, where your travel dreams can come true..." She said, reeling off her usual slogan but trailing off when she realised the stallion had commented on her map and was gazing intently at it.
    "Oh, the map, yes!" she said cheerily, jumping off her seat and hovering to the top of the map and pointing a hoof towards it. "I'm pretty sure this is the biggest map of Equestria in all of Ponyville, at least I've never seen one bigger. I got it printed specially. It has all the big locations! The plains of Appleloosa!" she exclaimed, gesturing a hoof across the area on the map, "The glamour of Canterlot! The mystery of the Crystal Mountains!" she said, making a demonstrative swoop down across the wall, illustrating the steep mountains. "Don't you just love maps? I do! They remind me of travel, and excitement and adventure, and the big wide world!" she half-shouted, before registering the stallion below, staring at her.
    She returned to the ground and bashfully put her hoof behind her head.
    "I'm sorry. I do tend to get a bit too enthusiastic when I talk about travel. Heh heh." she said, hoping he wouldn't think she was crazy.

4. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled with a small grin. "The allure of exploring new places can certainly have that affect on ponies.I'm quite the adventurer myself you know..." He tipped his hat before adding. "Have you ever been to any outstanding and beautiful locations?" He eyes scan over the large map a few more times, as he pulls out his own map. He compared some of his explored locations with the ones on the map. ("Hmm...i must remember to visit those places....") He thought to himself, marking his map with a fiery coloured quill.

5. RainbowBandit

"I'm glad you understand!" she grinned. "I still love to go exploring, although in my teenage years I was the real deal. I travelled all around Equestria." she smiled, recalling fond memories of the time. "I went pretty much everywhere. Just me and my wings."
    She fluttered her wings in illustration. "I remember one place in particular. The Ice Caves in the Crystal Mountains. Spectacular. The ice shone so many colours... Most beautiful sight I've seen. I remember thinking I wanted to share it with everypony. It's kinda what inspired me to be a travel agent."
    She peered over at the smaller map held by the stallion. "Where's the best place you've been?"

6. CottonOrange

Scamper blinks in surprise. "Y-you travelled all over in your younger days too? Well, what a coincidence!" Scamper removed his monocle, polishing it with a small clothe quickly before replacing it. "I must say...those mountains sound spectacular...but let's see...the most spectacular place i have been...Aha!" He twirls a hoof excitedly, a large grin on his face. "It has most certainly got to be the Quicksand Caves. Sounds dangerous, yes. But underneath one pit of quicksand, lies the most beautiful and expansive underground lake i have ever laid my eyes on..." Scamper smiled in memory of the sight.

7. RainbowBandit

"Wow." Holly breathed, wide-eyed. "I'd love to see somewhere like that."
    She laughed. "Unfortunately these days I mostly go places to scout them out for holiday packages. I doubt anypony would want to go on vacation somewhere dangerous. Then again..." her face took on a thoughtful expression, the gears in her mind turning. She went to the desk and began to scribble down notes on a piece of paper. "Given me an idea... Whaddaya suppose the market would be for adventure excursion trips to dangerous places... Arranged like a package holiday... Could be popular." she muttered to herself. She looked up. "Sorry, business mind is always on!" she said to the stallion.
    "I love meeting ponies with similar interests, anyway! I never did catch your name?" she enquired. "I'm Holly. Holly Day. Well, obviously." she laughed, gesturing to the front of the shop where her sign stood.

8. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled and tipped his hat. "It's certainly a pleasure to meet you Miss. Day. I am Scamper. An archaeologist who loves to get out there and explore. That holiday suggestion...i reckon that it may appeal to ponies, given the fact they feel safe, but not too safe to not be thrilling!" He exclaimed, rather excited. He hopped from hoof to foo at the thought of it. "Yes! I can see it now! Holly Day's thrilltacualr trips!" Scamper paused. "Thrilltacular....maybe that could use some work..." He tapped his chin with a hoof, and chuckled awkwardly.

9. RainbowBandit

"Ooh! I love it!" she exclaimed, writing down his suggestion. "Seriously, I'm gonna put it right in the window." she winked at him.
    "Archeology? Fascinating! I bet you get to go all sorts of places! Well, so do I. Perks of the job! Get to explore!" she laughed. " I'm glad I went exploring when I did, actually. I would never have gotten my cutie mark otherwise." she looked down and blushed, slightly embarrassed. "I was a complete blank flank for years, right into my late teens. That's when I realised my talent for finding holiday spots. Boy was I relieved! Thought I'd never get it!" she laughed. "But archeology, that's even cooler!"

10. CottonOrange

"Do you really think that thrilltacular is the right word?" He asked, slightly jokingly. "In regards to archeaology...well, it certainly has it's ups and downs...discovering an ancient temple or something of the sorts is most certainly a high point. Even the tiniest shard of pottery can reveal so much! But it's actually a good thing you didn't get a cutie mark quick you know..." He nodded slowly and thoughtfully.

11. RainbowBandit

"Thrilltacular is a great word!" Holly laughed. "And I guess it's good I had a lot of time to grow as a pony before I got my cutie mark. Heh heh." She paused. "I bet you know a whole lot about the history of Equestria, then!"

12. CottonOrange

Scamper nodded slowly. "Yes... i have quite the number of records, ancient scriptures and the like hidden away in my study i do believe. Discovering old forgotten literature can certainly enlighten one on the past of Equestria, nay the world! " He nodded once again, a bit more quickly this time. "Indeed. Now if i may inquire...what holiday locations are up for offer here. It certainly sounds like a wide variety, i must admit." He said, once again gazing at the large maps, adding notes to his and muttering to himself busily.

13. RainbowBandit

"I can offer anypony wherever they want to go," she said, a hint of pride in her voice. "Or at least that's the concept. If somepony has a dream trip I try to tailor-make it just for them. But I do have a lot of package deals on offer. The most popular are probably the city breaks- Canterlot, Fillydelphia, Manehattan, so on. And the beach holidays- Marejorca, Bridleton, San Clopez... Oh and the 5 Star Appleloosa Range Resort. Very popular with families. Then we have the smaller secluded villages, more interesting beauty spots around Equestria, mountain ski resorts, great for exploration and culture..." She carried on, pointing to each place on the map, the enthusiasm and excitement in her voice growing once more.

14. CottonOrange

As the pegasus pointed out the locations, Scamper nodded slowly, smiling. He would sometimes mutter words like "Yes..." and "I do say..." And sometimes, he would mark a big red X on his map in certain areas. "Well Miss. Day, it certainly seems like you have all of this figured out! It definetly seems like something i may be interested in, in the future!" He adjusted his monocle slightly. "Yes quite..."

15. RainbowBandit

She stopped talking. "Sorry, I'm running away with myself again, aren't I? Well, yes, if you ever want a holiday or trip in the future please consider my shop!" She laughed. "Not that there's many other travel shops in Ponyville." she observed.

16. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled heartily. "Oh it's quite alright madam! I too tend to get a little carried away occasionally....but anywho, yes i will return if a break from exploring is what i need!" He gave a small wink and a grin.