1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventures of The Phoenix

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sharpster25, 15 July 2015.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Marr shrugged, or the pony equivalent.
    "Good thing I'm a magic user, then. I can adapt."
    She turned back to the engines and boilers, and decided to give them a cursory once-over to check any other major differences in operation. All the while she muttered things that she'd have done differently, and tried to mentally note what to find out about.
    "And they still use flintlocks! Paper rounds! Good thing we HAVE got magic."

2. Vianessa

Vianessa Something terrible’s happened, no idea what it is

Don't look down, don't look down, don't look down Rayet kept saying to himself as he hung from the boatswain chair preparing the smoke box and releasing water for a quick start. Once he finished he moved to the rear of the ship and poked his head through a window into the captain's quarters. "Ah, Captain Waters, glad you're in here, engine's are ready to go in about an hour. That alright?"

3. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Silent closed the door to his quarters and sighed 'so this is my able-bodied crew' he thought to himself as he hung up his jacket, hat and goggles on the back of the door 'and all I have to go on of their experience is the word of the government?' he sat on the chair to his small desk and leaned back “Summit don't feel wite abaht this, especially that night guard”.

He almost fell back off his chair when he heard Rayet's voice come from the porthole above his desk, and was even more surprised when he looked up and saw the unicorns head poking through it looking at him. “Ah yeah, very good Mr Rayet” he said as he pulled a bottle of cider out from under his desk, he stopped and thought for a moment then pulled out another and held it out for Rayet “'ere 'ave this for when you're off-duty, Sweet Apple Acres premium dry aged, the Alicorn princess of ciders” he gave a quick chuckle “I always 'ave just the wahn before the start of a flight, it clears me 'ead and steadies me 'ooves”

4. Sohfiiea

Sohfiiea Active Pony

Comet took a good long time investigating his room. He checked the maps on the table, and glanced at the magically-powered radio, grinning. He approached the radio, inspecting the gizmos attached. His previous training with the communication sector of the Equestrian society allowed him the benefit of knowing how to operate such instruments.

"Testing testing, one, two, three." He said into the voice pipe system, a confident smile on his face. The voice transferred through the pipes, reaching the eardrums of all the passengers within seconds.

5. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Ani had been skulking around the various airships that were still docked, she found this one more interesting than most others, mostly because nopony had stopped her to ask what she was doing. She had been on board for about fifteen minutes now, examining the quarters, the cargo holds, the weapons and the various other rooms, and yet, nopony stopped her. She had guessed that the reason nopony asked her any questions was because everypony on the ship was new, and they just presumed she was a deckhand.
    She had been rummaging through the boxes in the cargo hold, looking for medical supplies. She had found quite a few rolls of medical gauze, various pills, blood bags, and a box full of syringes containing morphine, epinephrine and even insulin. In a slightly bigger container she had found an old cot, a rail, and a privacy curtain. She had also found enough kit to make a basic hydroponics set-up allowing her to grow some of the plants she needed. She was going to need help from somepony to build such a thing, but she knew it could work. If she added what she had brought with her to the cargo on board, she knew that she'd have more than enough supplies.
    Once she had finished exploring the ship, she decided it was now time to introduce herself to the captain, and offer her assistance. As she climbed the stairwell up to the middle deck she heard a familiar voice , she couldn't tell who owned it, but whoever it was was talking about magic. She took a left turn at the top of the stairs and passed through the engine room, where she spotted Marr in the corner of her eye. Marr was busy getting acquainted with somepony else, she Ani ignored her for the time being and continued on ahead towards the captains quarters. Once she reached the door she pushed it straight open, completely disregarding any rules that may, or may not, be in place, revealing a blue pegasus sitting back in his chair, with a bottle of cider.
    "I take it you're the captain of the Archaeopteryx, or whatever this ship was called." She said, only now noticing the additional face poking in through the porthole. Without giving either a chance to respond she continued, "My name is Ani Alembic, I've noticed that you don't have any medical crew or even a designated medical bay. I'm an apothecary of sorts, I may not be a proper doctor, but I have a lot more uses than simply providing first aid. If you don't mind, I'd like to join your crew."
    Before he could respond a dry voice came over the VPS "Testing, testing. One, two, three." The VPS was a basic and out-dated PA system, but it did the trick, and Ani preferred it to the newer models, it has more character.

6. Vianessa

"I, uh, well... thanks." Rayet replied in exchange of the cider, placing it in his chair bucket. Rayet chuckled to himself as he noticed the new mare come into the quarters, "Captain's not gonna get a break 'til we take off, is he?". Rayet popped his head out of the porthole, once invisible soot on his coat being pushed off and floating down to the ledge below. He started to whistle a tune as he ascended up past the ponies' view towards top deck, shortly followed by a sudden voice from the VPS and an "oh, buck!" from outside, the dark grey stallion falling back past the porthole in tangles of rope. "Dangit, my cider." he spoke in sorrow after a smash could be heard on the dock below.

7. Sharpster25

Silent quietly popped the cap off his bottle of cider and calmly downed the entire drink in one go, he placed the bottle on his desk and swivelled round on his chair to face the new pony.

“'er names the Phoenix, and when enterin' the captains quarters, you're expected ter knock first” he stood up and took a few steps towards the newcomer, “Though, you've caught me in a good mood so i'll overlook that for na” he held out a hoof, “If you're as good as ya say, welcome aboard, we'll just need ter find ya a place ter set up shop Miss Alembic”

8. Sir Dave of Dave

"I think I'll rearrange the cargo hold, and set up there, there's plenty of room for me opposite the food stores." Ani flashed a smile and shook his hoof, she was pleased to find that this captain had allowed her to stay onboard. Captain Ratbeard of the Zeitgeist wasn't so friendly. "Right, cheerio, I'll be below decks setting up shop if you need me." And with that she reclaimed her hoof, turned around and set off towards the stairs, but first she wanted to make a quick stop in engineering.
    She poked her head around the corner to see Marr still standing with the other pony.
    "Hey Marr - my almost-main-mare - I would like your assistance in the cargo hold in, say, two hours. Nothing too important, but it could increase weapon efficiency." Ani didn't give either pony a chance to react, she just continued on her way, and then happily trotted down the stairs, the contents of her saddlebags jingling as she did. The jangling, in unison with the clip clop of her hooves, created a steady rhythm which reminded her of one of Vanth's pieces. To be exact, it was reminiscent of the 2nd movement of his 3rd symphony in D minor. She hummed along, she had a strenuous job ahead, and a bit of His music would most certainly help.

9. Sharpster25

Silent watched her leave before getting himself dressed, just as he wrapped his scarf round his neck he heard a shout from outside his window, he turned just in time to see Rayet fall past it tangled up in a bunch of ropes. He quickly jumped on his desk and stuck his head out of the porthole and looked down, he couldn't help but laugh a little seeing Rayet swinging back and forth completely tangled up, “In a bit of a predicament 're we Mr Rayet?” he said loud enough for him to hear, “Gimme a sec, I'll come get ya aaht of there”.

Silent quickly made his way through the ship and onto the top deck before jumping off the side and gliding down until he came to a stop and hovered next to his trapped crew member. “Ok, lets see abaht gettin' ya free” he said as he started pulling at one of the ropes.

10. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Eliser, carrying a two heavy rucksacks on her back and a large sack in one hand, hastily made her way towards the Phoenix, albeit a bit late. The Slender but athletic Minotaur's hooves thumped as she marched onto the ship, her smithy's gear clanking about loosely. She wore two thick black rubber gloves that were skin tight, a dark brown thick but short apron with black soot all over it, A tool belt with all her hammers and repair equipment strapped to it and an open welding helm atop her head.

As Elise made her way on deck she heard a crash from the other side of the ship and saw a tangled pony fall off the ship's side. Dropping her supplies immediately and sprinting over to the railing she noticed the Dark Grey Stallion was in fact hanging off deck, another pony was flying next to him attempting to untangle the ropes. "hello down there!" Elise shouted down to the two ponies, "need a hand?" She smirked and grabbed hold of the single rope keeping the unicorn from falling completely off the ship. "hold on tight, i'm gonna pull you up!" Though she said 'pull' it was more of a firm, very strong 'yank' which sent the packaged unicorn soaring up just above Elise's head before falling back down and landing in Her arms.

Elise giggled and placed to tangled unicorn onto the deck and began to untangle the pony in seconds, her experience with repairing and crafting all sorts of things throughout Ponyville Canterlot and Manehattan meant she could untangle any kind of knot with relative ease. "There you go, you alright little guy?" She stood up and began to coil the rope back up awaiting a response.

11. Sir Dave of Dave

Ani looked up, a lot of noise had been coming from above deck. The sound of hooves, big hooves, and then the sound of a body smacking into the deck. "I hope that's not what I think that is," she said, talking to herself, before sighing and finalizing the arrangement of crates into something that vaguely resembled a workstation. Her humming also resumed, but now she was humming one of His first pieces, a waltz in F Major. She was quite a fan of waltzes, the 3/4 time signature made it really easy to work to, sadly He rarely wrote in 3/4, preferring to use more technical time signatures like 13/8 or 7/4 in later pieces.
    She was now content with her workstation, there was plenty of space for her to prepare salves and whatnot, there was space for a makeshift hydroponics rig, and there was also space for her great big book of successful experiments. A book that would have been invaluable to the mission, providing of course she hadn't forgotten to bring it. She cursed under her breath. She then shrugged and started to set up the cot, followed by the curtain. She'll just have to work from memory, and maybe say a few prayers.

12. Sharpster25

Silent barely had time to register the new voice coming from the deck of the Phoenix before Rayet disappeared, he looked up just in time to see the mess of ropes and pony fly over the railing and out of sight. He followed until he was level with the deck where he saw a minotaur, of all things, untying Rayet.

“I never ‘ired a minotaur….” He said more to himself than anything.

“That’s because I did” Nightwing said strolling onto the deck, “you may not realize it, but even the strongest pony is outmatched in close-quarters combat with a griffon” she held up her auto-limb as if to prove a point, “simply put, we’ll need the strength of a minotaur if we get boarded” she turned to face the newcomer, “Welcome aboard Miss Eliser” she said as she bowed her head slightly.

13. Mista Squishy

Eliser turned around to face the two ponies that'd come over, placing the coiled up rope on the floor. "Why thank you Miss Nightwing!" She smiled cheerily and folded her arms, "but I'd like to think I'm more useful then just for muscle, heh" Elise chuckled slightly, "being one of the best smithies in Equestria has to count for something after all."

As Elise walked back over to her luggage heavy hooved, she spoke "so i presume you're the Captain?" She gestured towards Silent before heaving the supplies onto her shoulders and making her way back over.

14. Sharpster25

Silent landed on the deck with a light thump as his hooves hit the wood, “That I am, welcome aboard the Phoenix, me name’s Silent Waters”.

He nodded towards Rayet, “That there's Mr Rayet, our first engineer. if we daan't end up becomin' a wreck on sum mountainside, 'e'll be the wahn ter thank”.

15. Vianessa

Rayet replied to the minotaur with a sharp "I'm not little!" as he clambered up to return to his hooves whilst Silent introduced him. "...'e'll be the wahn ter thank.” Silent finished whilst Rayet bowed his head to Eliser. "It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Eliser, I trust you'll be a very useful member of the crew," Rayet raised his head from the bow, "And.. thanks for catching me." he said to the minotaur, a hoof scratching the back of his mane and a slight tinge of blush on his cheeks.

His dog becoming interested in the sudden amount of ponies - and a somewhat strange figure to her eyes - at the rear of the deck, she began to trot towards the group. Betje ambled around the creature, sniffing at her feet, attempting and failing to find the other two. "Ooh, this is Betje, my pet dog and assisstant. I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for her help." As soon as she looked up for the face of this creature, her eyes glanced over the hands, her paws scampering her towards Rayet's tail as fast as they could to cower in fear.

Rayet looked back at Betje, then back towards Eliser with a sheepish smile
    "heh, sorry for that, Betje's a rescue pup and her previous owner was a minotaur, who was.. not kind to her. Might take her a while to get used to you."

#35 Vianessa, 24 January 2016
    Last edited: 24 January 2016
  16. Mista Squishy

"no problem bud!" Elise Grinned, "I would shake your hoof but I'm a bit preoccupied" She chuckled as she adjusted her grip on her supplies

"-Might take her a while to get used to you."
    Elise attempted a shrug in response, "Eh... I'm used to it." Her cheery disposition turned to one of disappointment, "It's still surprising that in this day and age ponies and other creatures are still scared of minotaurs, just because of the Legends used today as children's stories." She paused for a second and sighed. "There ain't a single place where I go that ponies don't cower or give me looks of fear, not even in my home town. But I guess some things never change eh?"

Elise looked back at the captain with a slight smile, "anyway, mind showing me where I can drop these supplies Cap?"

17. Sharpster25

“Of course, folla me” Silent said as he motioned for her to follow him down below deck, “Mind yer head, she weren’t designed wif a minotaurs ‘eight in mind”.

On the middle deck he pointed to his left “That’s the crew quarters, jus’ pick a bunk ‘n fall in when ya need it”, he pointed the other way “Through the engine room the door on the wite is the ‘rmory, it’s small but should ‘ave most stuff you’ll need ter keep the guns in workin’ order”

He continued down into the hold of the Phoenix, “ 'ere we ‘re, ya can drop your stuff dahn …… ‘ere” he paused hearing someone humming a tune “And that’s prolly our resident stowaway alchemist, Miss Alembic”.

18. Sir Dave of Dave

"Aaaachoo" Ani sneezed, giving her head a quick shake, "somepony must be talking about me." Ani shrugged, resumed humming, and continued to piece the cots frame together.

Mista Squishy likes this.
  19. Mista Squishy

"Mind yer head-" Just as soon as the captain said that, Elise smacked her head on the first doorway, "Yep... gotta remember that" She murmured to herself as she rubbed her head with her spare arm before gripping her rucksacks again.

"Great, cheers Cap." She smiled and dumped her two heavy rucksacks full of spare parts and supplies down and heaving the burlap sack in her hand over her shoulder. "Can't wait to get to work, Sir." Before heading to the crew's quarters to drop off her essentials Elise stops at the doorway, "as long as I'm on this ship, the Phoenix will never fall Cap, you have my word." She gave a laid back salute before leaving for her bunk.

20. Sharpster25

Silent waved her off “I ‘ave every confidence in ya Miss Eliser”. After she’d left his stomach growled, realizing he’d skipped breakfast that morning, with a sigh he ducked into the food storage and emerged a few minutes later with a couple of dry oat biscuits and a small hunk of cheese. He quickly ate his meal as he made his way back to the helm of the ship.

After a bit of milling around waiting for the go-ahead from the engine room he spied a few of the crew seemed to have pilfered a crate from somewhere and were using it as a makeshift table for some dice games, intrigued, he walked over to them “and wot, may I ask, is goin’ on ‘rer?”.

“Captain!?” one of them said, sounding slightly alarmed as all three of them jumped up and saluted “just playing Liars Dice sir”.

“And ‘oo said ya could play…” He cracked a smile “….wifaht invitin’ yer captain?” he laughed as he sat with them, he grabbed a spare set of dice and cup and cast them on the table, “lets see wot you’re made of” he said with a sly grin.