1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventuring Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 16 August 2014.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

OOC first post:
    Right.
    This is new, so here is a brief explanation of what's up.
    This RP will start in a boat docking port town, with anybody participating on the boat. This RP is based around discovery and thus no pony is allowed to have any prior knowledge of the land (and thus not live there), although your characters may want to find maps and research the place and the like.
    The land we have arrived in is not a canon location. We can assume it's populated like Equestria (mainly ponies, not many dragons/griffins etc). It is also not any other location in your character's canon (so not Cavalla, the Viol Archipelago, etc.).
    The main quest in this RP is that we, the characters, are doing what is essentially a fetch-quest, in that we are finding 'the orb', with no other details given (most people on the boat ares here because of that quest, bounty hunters and that).
    (the orb, by the way, is some mythical thing that nobody in the land directly knows about. Perhaps we can find out from some pony living in another town, a wizard or whatever).

Other, smaller quests are fine (like helping somebody who's lost something) but we gotta focus on the main story. After we complete the objective it would be good if somebody else found another large quest objective.

Please, nobody post 'i ask some pony where the orb is' and say it's in a cave nearby. this is meant to be a grand adventure etc etc.

And it only remains for me to say,
    Enjoy the RP.

2. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Shyss arrived at the dock, a few hours before she intended to arrive. She had heard about an adventure, and decided that her skills may prove useful, but more than anything, she just wanted to break out of her mundane routine. She worried about Topaz as she searched for the boat everypony was supposed to be meeting on. He wasn't very old but he's certainly old enough to look after himself, anyway Bon-Bon said she'd check up on him whenever she could.
    She soon reached the gangplank leading to The Florentine, she smiled to herself. She was finally able to rest, afterall she'd been walking all day, and had even used her Rift magic to traverse half the distance. The deck of The Florentine was completely devoid of life. There were a few locked chests and crates tethered down in places, but that was about it.
    Shyss took off her saddlebags and placed them on top of one of the nearby crates. As she dropped the bag onto the crate, the crate jumped up, and started growling at her, whatever was trapped in there wasn't happy with her, so she moved her bags elsewhere, and left the boxed up creature to it's own devices.
    She sat herself down on the cleanest looking part of the deck, not wanting to upset any more boxed up creatures, and made a quick inventory check. She didn't bring much since she didn't have much to bring, a lot of her property was left in Fillydelphia when she was forced to flee. She had an empty tome to document her adventure, along with some quills and ink. She also had a small spellbook for unicorn magic, and a Rift Grimoire, as well as a clay pot filled with a simple balm to speed up healing, a bit of food and a compass.
    Shyss closed up her bags and sighed, she wished she still had her magical lantern, that would undoubtedly be useful on an adventure such as this, but that now lay in the hands of somepony in Fillydelphia. She turned her head and looked towards the gangplank. Now all she had to do was wait to see who came next.

3. Aethelberdia

Marr arrived at Havencove Docks in a taxi-cart hired by a friend. The friend in question would be accompanying her to her destination and beyond, a fact that caused her rather a lot of annoyance, which the friend didn't seem to get. The friend in question was Chaos Dance, a pale-green pegasus without an ounce of respect for anybody. The guy literally threw her off Cloudsdale so she could test her warp beacon, then said it was 'all in the name of science'. Nevertheless, he had paid for the taxi and was good to have around, so she wasn't too upset. Yet.

Marr got out of the cart in rather an undignified fashion: over the side. Her jaw made friends with the ground and when her head cleared Chaos was standing over her giggling in a most non-masculine way. "You'd better work on your exits, Marr," he said with more than a hint of humour, "You're likely to end up dead." Marr swung to her feet, a most disconcerting display of agility, and gave him a hoof in the chest. "You'd better stop insulting me, Chaos," she said, rolling her eyes as Chaos rolled about laughing, "I might accidentally hit you off the boat." The threats were all in jest: they often ended up at odds with each other.

Either way, they were a few hours early (a display of the efficiency of Chaos' chosen taxi service) and decided to stow their luggage in the hold, as it would be a fairly long trip. Making their way up the gangplank and onto the deck, Marr noticed a unicorn sitting amongst a pile of bags. She looked rather lonely and could probably do with some company, if she wanted it at any rate.
    "Hey!" Marr said, holding up a hoof in greeting. "I take it you're on the hunt for 'the orb'?" Marr made 'the orb' sound like it had capital letters, underlining, and bold all in one. The unicorn nodded, evidently uncertain what to make of the new arrival. "Don't worry," said Chaos, "We're looking for it too. After all, we are all-" he paused, and Marr knew what was coming next, "-all in the same boat." He at least had the sense to keep a straight face. Marr couldn't tell whether the unicorn was amused or not, so she decided to salvage the failed icebreaking attempt. "Anyway, I'm Maria, or Marr, and this," she said, indicating Chaos with an air of superiority, "is Chaos Dance. He's a bit of a klutz but a good friend, at least he's not a bad stallion. What happens to be your name?

4. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss awoke from her nap at the sound of new arrivals, wondering when it was exactly she had fallen asleep. Two boiserous ponies appeared on the deck of The florentine and had greeted her. Shyss' head was still a bit slow after her nap, but she nodded to what sounded like a question, and then smiled at what sounded like a joke. After that the first pony introduced herself as Marr and her friend as Chaos Dance.
    "My name is Schismic Rift" she said whilst trying to stand up, "but you may call me Shyss for short, everpony else does. Do you know anything about this Orb we're supposed to collect, or anything about whoever it was that advertised this task?" Shyss had finally succeeded in getting to her hooves and approached to two ponies and offered them both a hoof shake in turn.

5. Aethelberdia

"I can answer the second question," Marr said, shaking Shyss' hoof, "We got told about the quest (I love calling things quests) a while back by a pony all arrayed in some kind of ecclesiastical robe. A priest of some order or whatever, although she talked pretty casually. Anyway, she told us that she was offering a reward of some sort for any pony who would retrieve the orb, which is some kind of magical item. She didn't say anything about where the orb was, other than on the continent we're going to. We're getting off at Arcadia, which if I remember correctly is a paradise from some mythology or whatever."

6. Sir Dave of Dave

"Arcadia..." Shyss repeated, she had heard the name before, but couldn't place it. casting those thoughts aside she thought back to the mysterious mare who gave her the job, albeit indirectly. "You said she wore ecclesiastical robes. Were they burgundy in colour with a gold trim around the collar? More importantly, was there a gold flame insignia on the flank?"
    Shyss had always been wary of various kinds of priests, but there were some she didn't want to deal with, but if she was given a quest from a Draquolist Priest, she was going to have to make sure, whatever this magical orb was, wouldn't cause the Equestrian populace any harm.

7. Aethelberdia

"Yep, those colours exactly. The same symbol too. Have you had experiences with that kind of priest before?" Chaos asked, a hint of anxiety in his voice. Marr had wondered whether retrieving a major artefact for some priestess was a good idea, and Shyss seemed to be anxious about the particular order the priestess came from. "More importantly, if so, what cult does she hail from? You seem to know of its garb."

8. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss took a deep breath, puffed out her chest quite proudly and started to explain, "She is a High Priestess of the Draquolian Order, At least I can guess she is a high priestess based on both her insignia and the fact she ordered this quest. The Draquolian Order follow the Nine Draconequi, the very creatures who banished The ancients to the Rift and killed Thule.
    "it is because of those creature that this land was ruled with Chaos for thousands of years, until Celestia and Luna defeated Discord, who had already betrayed and slain the other eight Draconequi. I cannot let a powerful artifact such as this orb fall into there hands. I suggest when-slash-if we find it, we take it to Princess Celestia for safekeeping. This would mean we get less or no pay, which others might disapprove of, but it's better than giving the Draquolian Order power."

9. Aethelberdia

"Good idea. Now we've got a good reason to find the orb. I take it you're a Priestess of the Ancients, then?" Shyss looked a little taken aback. "Don't worry, your order had a monastery back in my home town. I can't say I read into it, but I know the basics of your religion." Marr smiled: she liked surprising people. "Whoa, Marr, I didn't know you knew all that." Marr turned to him. "That's because there was no reason to tell you, you dolt!" she snapped.

10. Sir Dave of Dave

"I am, but I'm barely a priestess, I may have completed all the Rites of Passage whilst I was living in Fillydelphia, but I got chased out of there for it, and I left my lantern. It seems the Fillydelphians don't like followers of The Ancients." Shyss suppressed a tear as she remembered the fear of being chased out of her home by an angry mob, forced to leave everyhting behind, even the lantern which she had managed to travel to The Sanctuary to get enchanted by Mythphm himself.
    She may have completed her Rites, but she had lost her lantern, the item that proved she was a Priestess, without it, could she even be called a Priestess of The Ancients, or was she just a regular follower of The Ancients?

11. Aethelberdia

It was a sad tale indeed. In a tender voice Marr sought to reassure her. "Look, Shyss. You may have lost something that is important to you, but you can get it back. Maybe someday you can retrieve it, or get some pony to get it for you. Fillydelphia is a strongly material city, with no spirituality. All religion is stomped out anyway. But at least you can still feel the air on your face, smell the sea breeze. Life is the greatest gift of all, and no lantern, even if it's the most wonderful thing in the world, is more important than your soul. The Rift will steal that from you. Keep your spirit safe."
    "Damn," said Chaos, "you sound like a priestess yourself." Chaos always knew how to ruin a moment.

12. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Ferr awoke, late as usual and completely forgot about the quest which was advertised not so long ago, as he clambered out of bed his little sister just walked into the room.
    " Hi mercury, am I late again?" Ferr said as he jumped out of bed.
    "No not really, infact your early" Mercury gave a chuckle which made Ferr smile.
    "Early for what exactly?" Ferr said with a confused look on his face, he knew that he wasnt needed at the blacksmiths for several days, mabye weeks because of this quest he has to do for today...
    "THE QUEST!!!" Ferr said as he got his clothes out of the wardrobe.
    "Of course silly" Mercury said as she skipped out of the room. Ferr got dressed as fast as his hooves would let him, he skipped breakfast and started to gallop towards the dock.
    "No not really, in fact your early". He remembered his sisters words as he realised how far away the docks were and started the journey to the docks, after a few hours he could see the dock and to his surprise he saw figures there, but he was too far away to make out. He was very glad that he wasnt late, this was a quest in which he didnt want to miss. as he got closer he saw it was Shyss and Marr and another pony which he doesent recognise, he could hear them talking and tried to pick out whay they were saying
    "You sound like a preistess yourself" he heard the pony he didnt recognise say.
    "Who does" says Ferr as all three ponys looked at him.

#12 Bronti97, 17 August 2014
    Last edited: 17 August 2014
  13. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss smiled feeling reassured, even after Chaos' statement. Marr was right, she could always get her lantern back, and she would like to get it back, so she could then comfortably call herself a priestess and maybe even become a high priestess. For now she knew she had to focus on retrieving the orb, and not dwell on her past.
    "Who does?" Somepony new had said, Shyss turned to see Ferrum Pango standing at the top of the gangplank. He was the blacksmiths' son and they had made acquaintance during her "housewarming party" not long before Topaz had hatched. Shyss didn't know what to think of him, he was a little too happy for her tastes.
    "Hello Ferrum." She said politely, "I see you've decided to join us on this quest."

14. Aethelberdia

Marr was happy to see Ferrum. "Hey, Ferrum! Nice to see you. Guess you're looking for this orb, but there's been a development." Marr and Chaos filled Ferrum in with the details. Ferrum looked quite thoughtful. "Guess it's a lot to take in, heh. Well, you're early, so may as well- wait, who is this guy again?" Chaos again ruined the moment with finesse.

15. Bronti97

"Im Ferrum Pango, most people call me Ferr for short" Ferr gave a smile. He looked towards Marr.
    "I havent seen you for a while, how are you doing with the project I gave you". Ferr remembered the pen and how it helped him a lot, he could use somthing like that quite often. He looked at Shyss and her face was expressionless, he wasnt sure what that ment but he kept smiling nevertheless.

16. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss found Ferrum to be a very peculiar fellow, how had he managed to traverse the many leagues between here and Ponyville, and not be fatigued? At least he didn't look bothered by his journey, and there was definitely no taxi service bring him here, they'd be making a lot of noise. Ferrum was hiding something, whatever it was it was bugging her. She continued watching the conversation, maybe he might reveal his secrets as part of the mundane conversation.

17. Aethelberdia

"Project's going fine, keep running into problems though. This," said Marr, gesturing towards a semi-healed cut on her side, "is from when one of the prototypes exploded. I'm thinking of patenting the blueprints as a weapon (because why not?)." Marr smiled. It was a pretty flashy explosion and she'd had to take a few days off just waiting for her ears to stop ringing. "Guess you've been busy down at the blacksmith's?" Ferrum shook his head. "Oh. Guess there isn't much to do after that massive order came in." Chaos was, in the meantime, meandering about the deck. "Hey, people, sorry to interrupt the dramatic reunion, but can we just stick our luggage in the hold? It'll save a lot of bother when the other 40-odd people get on. I saw that mare talk to a lot of people." Marr nodded, then turned back to Shyss and Ferrum. "He's right, we'd better stash our goods in the hold. They're cluttering the deck in any case."

18. Bronti97

"ouch that looks bad, you don't have to make it if you don't want to." Ferrum wanted the device badly, but not so bad that his friends get hurt for him.
    "Hey, people, sorry to interrupt the dramatic reunion, but can we just stick our luggage in the hold? It'll save a lot of bother when the other 40-odd people get on. I saw that mare talk to a lot of people." Marr nodded, then turned back to Shyss and Ferrum. "He's right, we'd better stash our goods in the hold. They're cluttering the deck in any case." Ferrum nodded in agreement, since he wasn't sure if he was early or late, he must make sure that he is ready to leave at any moment, He was relatively excited for this quest since nopony had any idea where it is, its about time something interesting happened to him. as they unloaded their luggage into the boat Ferrum was unsure what would happen next.
    "So, whats the plan? do we know where were going? or are just closing our eyes and hoping for the best" Ferrum said and smiled to let others know that he wasn't being mean but he meant it in a nice manner.

(OCC)

The colour of the text will be this colour blue if im on a computer, however it will be black most of the time when i reply on a tablet :) sorry for the bother.

19. Aethelberdia

"We are going, so it seems, to Arcadia. Nopony seems to know what the place is, although Shyss has heard of it somewhere before." Marr thought for a second. "But once we get there I think we'll have to strike out on our own: Nopony knows where 'the orb' is."

20. Sir Dave of Dave

"We don't even know what this Orb thing is," Shyss added, "Let alone how we can find it or what it looks like, but my guess is that it looks something like a raw teething orb. Chances are that I'll be able to find it once we're close enough, Unicorn horns have a tendency to pick up magic energy coming from other sources, but this Orb could be protected by something which may prevent that.
    "I can however, guess as to what the Orb is, but not do more than that. I believe it was the ancient relic uncovered by a reluctant follower of Syrinx before the Elder Race came and took over, many, many millennia ago. If that is the case chances are it's not even an orb we are looking for, even if it isn't the case, chances are it isn't even an orb we are looking for."

Shyss realised that the other ponies were giving her a peculiar look, she was only hypothesising but she suspected that the others didn't fully realised that. She wished she could tell them more, but unfortunately she hasn't had access to the Viol Archives in ten years, and even when she did have access she couldn't venture too far into there for there was some secrets in there that have been sequestered since before the days of The Ancients, and those documents have been sequestered for a reason.