1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventuring Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 16 August 2014.

1. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

The look that Ferrum gave was obviously confusion, he didnt understand the manority of what Shyss said.
    "Sorry hun, but I failed history, ao what your saying is when we become close enough you can detect the orb, however it might not even be an orb because of millennium elder stuff?" He was unsure if anything which he said was right, however he knew that Shyss was clever, this could prove useful in this journey.

Aethelberdia likes this.
  2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Something flickered inside Marr's mind. "Shyss, I'm fairly certain it isn't THAT orb, because then it would be in the country of Fellmarsh, which is where the followers of Syrinx were based." Marr shook her head. Why did she know that? She didn't even know what 'Fellmarsh' was, let alone Syrinx, but she felt almost instinctually that what she'd just said was true. Brushing the notion aside, she continued. "Still, there's a lot of orbs. I used something similar to power a construct of mine once. So why don't we research this 'orb' when we get to Arcadia, huh?"

#22 Aethelberdia, 19 August 2014
    Last edited: 21 August 2014
  3. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient was running towards the harbor while saying to himself "Great I am going to be late for this quest that this pony was saying about on the day I drink something to relax myself and I feel asleep no I am going to miss this adventure" as he kept on running.

He came to a quick stop looking around "Great I missed it no" he shouted out loud "I missed the adventure" as he laid down on the ground with a sad face on him.

4. Aethelberdia

A red and black zebra had sunk to the floor, bemoaning his lateness, evidently for the very same quest they themselves were on. Marr opened her mouth to yell to the zebra but Chaos beat her to it. "HEY, YOU!" The zebra looked up. "YES, YOU. YOU'RE NOT LATE, IN FACT YOU'RE EARLY. COME UP ONTO THE BOAT, THE CAPTAIN SHOULD BE ARRIVING SOON ENOUGH." Marr was somewhat impressed; she had forgotten that the ship wouldn't leave by itself.

5. James Dark War

Patient heard some one shouting to him he looked up at a boat and saw the one shouting to him as he was relived that he wasn't late "Thank you vary much" he shouted back to the one that was shouting to him as he climbed on to the boat "My name is Patient it a pleasure to meet you I thought I would have been late" he said holding his left hoof out.

6. Bronti97

"I thought I was late aswell, turns out that we are both early" Ferrum let out a smile and patient returned it happily. Dispite everything that is happening at home, he is happy to be with a group of friends which he trusts.
    "Does anypony know any other ponys that are coming along?"

7. Aethelberdia

"Glad to say I do," said Marr. "There's the crew and captain, of course, but there's a few assorted bounty hunters and the like, and I'm sure I saw a bunch of kids. Don't think they'll be coming, though. So, yeah, I know that we'll have quite a bit of company."
    "And don't forget the other boat." said Chaos.
    "Other boat? What-" Marr began to question, until she saw the frigate docked a good hundred metres down.

8. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

"Hello again Patient." Shyss said with a smile before turning back towards Marr, "About what you were saying before hand, The followers of Syrinx died out in Fellmarsh, they weren't based there. Fellmarsh was the last bastion of their existence. In fact they were wiped out by the Draquolian Order exactly 2112 years before the Fall of Thule, to the day. A little fact about history that isn't known outside of Viol."
    Shyss smiled, she had a great knowledge of history, and she also knew that many ancient artifacts were scattered across the world and are probably no where near their last recorded locations. This ancient relic from the days of Syrinx was the only lost item she could think of that didn't have any form of description. She was also quite confident that this Orb wasn't even an orb.

9. Aethelberdia

"Ah, then tell me this: How come you haven't mentioned where they WERE based? Is this something your precious little Viol Archives didn't tell you? I'm still bargaining on the fact that this 'orb' (which as you say is probably not even an orb) is something unknown to most. Your books won't help you, I'm afraid. Remember: not everything you know is the truth." Marr was feeling a little competitive: she didn't want to be outdone by someone whose main source of information was essentially a monastery that was full of books, with about 60 storeys more books underneath them. She realised she was probably fighting a losing battle, but she had a gut instinct that whatever this 'Orb' was, it wasn't anything documented. Perhaps it wasn't even an object.

10. Bronti97

"How about we go to find it, and find out about it then, rather then believe that it is in a book or not." Ferrum was unsure whether its in a book, he didnt really care much about books, however, if there was a book it could help them. "How about wherever we are going, we ask or have a quick look to see if there is a book of this ancient relic orb thing, it wont take too long and if there is it could prove useful." Ferr was happy with what he said and when he thought about it again, he decided it wasnt a bad plan.

11. Aethelberdia

"This guy's a stallion after my own heart," said Chaos happily. "I agree with him. Let's quit all the theorising and do something else."
    "Like what?" asked Marr. "Anypony got any ideas?"

12. James Dark War

"Hello again Shyss it is great to see you" he said smiling to Shyss "How about we play I spy game" Patient said hoping to keep every one calm and their minds occupied.

13. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss sighed, she knew she was right, she knew pretty much everything about Syrinx except for the location and identity of the object supposedly brought to the priests by a peasant in hopes that it would make the world a greater place. Either way Ferrum was right, they needed to focus on the task at hand and not have a my-library-is-bigger-than-your-library argument, which Shyss knew she'd win anyway, since Viol holds the biggest ever created.
    Patient was also right, they did need a distraction, but I Spy wasn't it. "You're right Patient, we should do something to distract ourselves, but I Spy isn't it, what I really need is for the captain to arrive and let us go below deck to our cabins. Until then we should go with Ferrum's idea, which although he didn't exactly say, I can guess at. We should make a plan, and focus on retrieving whatever this relic may be. Any ideas?"

14. Aethelberdia

"I would say," said Marr, "That we should, upon arrival in Arcadia, find THEIR archives, and then hole up in it researching anything that's happened in the last few centuries. Any references to 'a great artefact' or the like is good. I've got a hunch that the Draquolian Order wouldn't send bounty hunters if they don't know roughly where the thing is. They probably have a chapel or something inside Arcadia. Researching their order would help as it'd give us an idea as to the kind of artefact they'd want." Marr was very surprised at what she was saying. She'd barely ever set foot in a library but for some reason researching in the Arcadian Archives felt like a viable course of action. Something was going on, probably involving magic, and she didn't like it. Chaos was apparently noticing the same things. "Marr, this isn't what I thought you'd say. Don't you usually just carefully dismantle and incinerate any roadblocks on the path to success? You seem far too intellectual today." Marr nodded. "Well, let's not worry about it now. We have yet to come up with an actual action plan. First, what do we have? Anypony? What's in our luggage?"

15. James Dark War

Patient eyes shoot open wide "I never knew that we were to bring luggage I have always been more sleeping on the ground and foresting things to use but however i always remember to bring a rope for unknown reasons from my mother always says" Patient said showing the rope to every one.

16. Bronti97

"When we go researching, im not really a book person, ill go around the town and ask ponys about it. Im more of a people person then a bookworm." Ferr smiled because he knew that this secondary information could prove useful because of his social skills.
    "Oh, in my luggage there isnt much, but there is a mini metal shaping kit, so if anypony needs anything made of metal then just ask me" Ferr gave an abnormally large smile to the group.

17. Aethelberdia

"I will go with Ferrum. I can't stand reading nonfiction," Chaos said, "And I think I should leave you two ladies to do all the researching."
    "What? But- oh, FINE. Anyway, I've got camping essentials, a multitool, a bunch of scrap metal and this moneybag." Marr remembered something. "On the subject of money, does anybody have any cash? We'll probably need to stay at an inn or what have you. I've got…" Marr checked her moneybag, "…quite a lot of money. Anypony else?"

18. Bronti97

"I have a lot, unsure how much though, its essentially some of my savings7ngs, I brought it just in case of an emergency" Ferr smiled knowing he can help out.
    "Anypony else?"

19. Sir Dave of Dave

"The first part about being a good priestess, is being a good scholar." Shyss said with a weirdly proud smile. "Anyway, I haven't brought much, I have an empty journal to document everything, two spellbooks, a few rations of food, an old compass which barely works, and a small pot filled with a healing balm in case anypony hurts themselves.
    I for one am more than up for researching the Draquolian Order, There isn't much information on them in Viol, unless that information is on another floor which I don't have access to. So it seems like Marr and I will be working together inside the archives, if they even have one. Outside there will be Ferrum and Chaos."
    Shyss paused and turned to Patient, "Where will you be?"

20. Aethelberdia

(OOC: The captain is an APC: All Player Character. Anyone can control him (within reason)
    "Hold up, here comes a few more ponies. And a griffon, it seems. I wonder if they're the crew or more adventurers?" It was indeed the captain, as evidenced by his jacket, which was covered in naval medals. It seemed the stallion had once been in the military.
    The captain was a white earth pony with an orange tail and mane. He was, to put it lightly. very tall indeed. The pony could easily have been a young dragon in terms of stature, although he looked a little on the scrawny side. His cutie mark wasn't visible beneath his greatcoat, but he wore a scarf with a compass emblazoned on it. He spoke with a mild voice with a hint of a foreign accent, and altogether seemed a pleasant person. "What are you doing on The Florentine? We sail in 3 hours, y'know. Ah well, guess I'd better introduce myself and get you all sorted in your cabins. The name is Saltwind, all one word. May I ask you for your names and your fares, then, if you're on this boat?"

#40 Aethelberdia, 22 August 2014
    Last edited: 23 August 2014