1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventuring Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 16 August 2014.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"I'd save the scary stories till later, Ferrum, nobody wants to hear about your fashion sense yet." Marr said with a hint of a smile.
    "Whoa, Marr, you're certainly on fire today," said Chaos, who had entered holding a wet cloth and slapped it unceremoniously onto Shyss' brow.
    "Thanks. Not often I get compliments from you, Chaos. At any rate, I can't think of anything in my past that'd make any pony laugh. How about you, Ferrum? You seem to lead a fairly active life."

2. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

"My fashion sense is exquisite" Ferrum said with a chuckle
    "And this is the first time you havent seen me covered in soot. Anyway, I have a few stories but I doubt anypony would want to listen to me rambling on more then I currently am" Ferrum gave a smile and so did the rest of the crew, apart from Shyss which made sense. "How about you patient and chaos? got any stories up your sleeves?"
    "Nope, all of my stories consists of breaking stuff and just basically causing chaos.
    Chaos said with no self esteem whatsoever

3. Aethelberdia

"My, my, Chaos, I thought you were a dancer. Hence the name, although I see you're still waiting on your cutie mark after 24 YEARS." This was true, and rather an oddity. Chaos certainly was good at dancing, but his cutie mark wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Furthermore, you've got a lot of stories to tell, like that one you told me about the time you and three mares went and-"
    "Marr, I don't need reminding about that. I told you because I didn't know better."
    "No, it was because you were as tipsy as a lord." Marr was enjoying the banter.
    "No, I wasn't."
    "Chaos, you walked into my guest room and fell asleep, and when I woke you up you told me all about it."

4. Bronti97

"at least you can dance, if you ask me to do a move I tend to fall over all the time, its safe to say I cant dance" the trip to Arcadia seems like they have been there for weeks, but they have only been there for about 10 minutes, and we already have an unconscious pony in the sleeping quarters, hopefully nopony thinks that she has been in a fight. "has anypony been to Arcadia yet? i love adventuring out but i cant say i have been there before."

5. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

"Mm I don't really have that much funny stories there more about me traveling with my mother and father helping anyone and anything that need our help although we do sometime end up in places were adventure does come around but I don't think any one of you would be interesting in it" Patient said to them all as he was thinking about the trip to Arcadia and what he would find there or what would happen to them all.

6. Aethelberdia

"So none of us are interesting. Brilliant. If you'll excuse me I'm going to go above decks again, there's still more than an hour until we set off. Anyone else wants to join me, they're welcome." Marr walked out of the room, into the corridor, and up the short flight of stairs to the deck. She was feeling a bit off-colour after the crushing headache and was beginning to wonder if she might be seasick.

#66 Aethelberdia, 31 August 2014
    Last edited: 31 August 2014
  7. Bronti97

"Ill come." Ferrum said, he stood up and followed Marr to the deck, as he walked up the stairs he saw Marr sitting down, looking towards the horizon once again.
    "You are obsessed with the horizon, if you could you would marry it." Ferrum looked at the horizon, and he realised how good it looked, the sun hitting it perfectly so the waves look like shimmering lights.

8. Aethelberdia

Marr continued gazing into the sky, although a ghost of a smile flickered round her mouth. "I wouldn't marry a horizon for all the gold in Ghalzheim. I'd never be able to get to it and it can look pretty dismal sometimes." There was silence for about a minute. Marr's smile faded and she began, without warning, to speak her thoughts. "Do you ever think about the future? Past the next few weeks, I mean. Onwards 'till the end of your days." Marr thought back to when she was little. "Back when I was a filly, I always looked at the horizon from a little cove and thought, 'I'll never get there. It's just so far away.'. Fast forward to now and I've seen more horizons than I can count. I never thought I'd be a mechanic. I wanted to be a florist, would you believe it." Turning to Ferrum, Marr sighed. "I can't think of myself in the future. Do you know what you're going to do with your life? Sorry about all the philosophy, I'm fine if you don't want to answer. Just getting my thoughts out there."

9. Bronti97

"Wow, that was unexpected." Ferr was confused about the sudden outburst yet understood it at the same time.
    "I cant imagine the life I have in the future, I dont think about the future really. I just take everyday as it comes and see what happens when it does. I dont like to plan ahead, but sometimes it is necessary." Ferrum looked back at the horizon and he begins to wonder what his family is doing.
    "I dont think about myself much at all. I simply care too much about others the care about myself. Im always wondering whats happening to others, for example, Mercury will be up dancing, skipping or playing with Topaz. Dad will be working and mum will be cleaning up after Mercury. I hate leaving them because I know that I can help in emergencies but I need to stop worrying about them and more about me. That why I joined the quest." Now he felt like the philosopher.

10. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient went up to the deck and saw the scene of the sea as he closed his eyes and breathed in slowly "Beautiful isn't it back in my home land a sight like this is a rare scene to see" he said to the other two who was up on the deck.

11. Aethelberdia

"I thought you lived... never mind." Marr was feeling suddenly anxious, almost like stage fright, and began distractedly humming to herself, although it was hard to hear.
    The tune was one that had been sung to her by her mother when Marr was young, and she always felt comforted by it. It was as follows:
    'When the times were bleak,
    And the sun didn't shine,
    I was brought hope by you,
    O fair daughter of mine

I was lifted from sorrow
    And saved from despair,
    By a fragile young filly,
    So noble and fair.

And as hours become years
    And you grow tall and fine,
    Just remember I love you
    O daughter of mine.'

Even now the thought of the song made Marr smile, although she still squirmed from sudden nerves.

12. Bronti97

Ferr was listening to Marr hum, he had never heard the song before so he was rather curious about what it was.
    "Whats that song your humming? Not heard it before"
    Ferrum instantly regretted asking because he let his curiosity get the best of him, he put his own thoughts before anyone elses, that wasnt usual for him, as Marr was talking he started feeling dizzy and couldnt hear much, this must be the after effect of galloping for so long.
    "Sorry." He stopped Marr mid sentence "Im going to have to lie down for a bit, getting dizzy. Could somepony wake me up when we start moving please?"
    He felt aweful for interrupting but he couldnt hear much anyway.

13. Aethelberdia

Marr watched Ferrum stagger off, weirdly pleased to see that someone else was feeling dizzy. As he walked below decks Marr felt an irresistible urge to follow him. Her brain had a brief argument with her legs until deciding to go after Ferrum. With only a brief thought as to what Patient must have been thinking, Marr walked off towards where Ferrum had gone amidships. She found him leaning on a wall, evidently feeling rather off. She smiled weakly. "Guess we're not too suited for sea travel, eh?"

14. Bronti97

"Its not sea sickness... im sorry but I think the gallopping from Ponyville to the docks has taken its toll, I tried to hide it but its hard to, are you ok? You feeling seasick then?"
    Ferrum knew it was a stupid qjestion, she essentially told him she was seasick, he just wasnt thinking straight.
    "Fancy coming in my quarters for a bit, I need to sit down and I need somepony to talk to."

15. Aethelberdia

Marr was feeling queasy, and could see nothing wrong with the suggestion, although she vaguely wondered why they didn't sit in her quarters instead.
    "A good idea. I think most of the other people are going on the bigger boat." As the two made their rather unstable way to Ferrum and Patient's cabin, Marr noticed Chaos looking around a door at them. She tried to glare at him, but it ended up as a kind of lopsided leer. Chaos snickered and withdrew his head. Marr sighed, turned her head, and walked into a wall. Not a very dignified mode of transport.

16. Bronti97

Ferrum sat on his bed and Marr sat on patients, he felt dizzy and the world was swahing around him, mabye this was part sea sickness.
    "So, whats the crack with you and the history of this orb thing, you seem to know a lot about it"
    you dont have to say if you dont want to yet :)

17. Aethelberdia

"Me? I don't know anything about it, except that It's some sort of deadly artifact thing. Most of what I know about it comes from logic." A thought struck Marr. "Hold on, how come out of all the things we could be doing we both just happen to be going on the same trip?"

18. Bronti97

"Well... one thing that I know is that I had to get out of the blacksmiths for a few days, it can get stressful in there, how about you" everything that Marr said did seem a bit weird, how come we are both on the same trip?
    "It could just be coincidence, after all we are both awesome and we are going on an awesome adventure" Ferrum smiled, hoping to have one returned

19. Aethelberdia

Marr smiled back at Ferrum, although it was only half a smile. Ferrum mentioning his family so much left Marr questioning herself: was it right to have left her family behind her? Don't be silly, snapped her rational side, they wanted you to make friends. Marr put the matter into a corner of her mind and resolved to enjoy herself now and angst later.
    "I only get busy when I'm working. I work on a commission basis so I have quite a bit of free time. Although why I choose to do this kind of thing in my spare time I have no idea." Marr smiled, more warmly than before. "What about--" but that was as far as she got before retching a blob of bloody mucus over the floor.
    "Oh, I am so sorry. So, so sorry. Must be the seasickness," she said, hurriedly magicking the mess out of the porthole. Blushing, she sat back down, her self-esteem having taken a beating. She hoped Ferrum wouldnt hold it against her.

20. Bronti97

"Its ok Marr, I dont feel that good either, I think its a good idea if we resort to our own quarters, I need to rest a bit, and by the looks of it, so do you." Marr nods and Ferrum walks her out, he felt weird but starts to think about Arcadia. Ferrum smiled as he stretched and lay down on the bed, looking up at the ceiling.
    "I wonder what Arcadia will look like? Will it be fancy or more like slums. Ive never left Ponyville so this is new to me and its killing me leaving my family behind. I just hope Topaz and Mercury are having fun" He talks to himself but he dousent know why.

#80 Bronti97, 11 September 2014
    Last edited: 12 September 2014