1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventuring Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 16 August 2014.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Marr walked with Ferrum out of the door, smiled at him and went back to her own room, only to find Chaos looking down at the unconscious Shyss and pressing a wet towel to her forehead. Upon hearing her entry Chaos turned to her with a cheeky grin on his face. "How was it?" he asked.
    "How was what?" Marr asked right back, although she had a glimmering of what the answer was.
    "Look, you just walked into a room alone with a guy about your own age. You two were obviously kissing or something."
    Marr walked over to Chaos, smiling pleasantly. She looked him in the eye. She whacked him over the head, sending him to the floor with a bump. Looking down at him with a positively murderous glint in her eye, she growled, "Just because YOU hit on every mare you meet doesn't mean I do the same. Me and Ferrum are friends, is all. I'm doing a job for him."
    "Fine! If you want to deny it then it's your decision."
    Marr threw the towel at him but he'd ducked behind the doorframe. He didn't look back around; perhaps he'd gone back to his own cabin to lick his wounds. Marr felt quite depressed that one of her best friends was acting so immaturely, even if his accusations held a grain of truth, although she'd never admit it. She slumped onto her bed, planning to perhaps think about what lay ahead, which was why she was mildly surprised to fall into a restless sleep.

2. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

This time skip is now going to take us to when we just depart from the dock and set sail towards what seems like an endless sea of...well... sea.
    timeskip information

3. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

-a ragged blade followed her into the Rift, slicing her soft underbelly. She sunk to the floor, if you could call the pane of light she stood on a floor, her entrails spilling out below her...
    Shyss awoke with a jolt and a scream, sparking her horn on the wrought iron anchor that hung above the head. Her horn lit up with a bright white aura, and dragged her out of the bed, where it held her still for a few seconds. A slight magical disturbance in the air caused her horn to glow purple, her Rift magic had taken over.
    Another slight disturbance, probably the abrupt termination of Marr's dreams, caused her horn to smash her through the door, and then continue to transport her onto the Florentine's deck. More and more energy flowed into her horn, and soon it all released itself, teleporting Shyss thirty foot in the air, and about thirty foot to the right.
    Thirty foot, may have seemed like a long way to fall, but it was over quick. She landed in the water with a nice loud splash, and from there she swam to the dock, so she could once again climb the gangplank to board the Florentine. Somepony was standing at the top of the gangplank, Shyss wasn't sure who it was, her eyes were full of salt and she couldn't very clearly.

4. Aethelberdia

Marr awoke abruptly, her eyes streaming with tears and a howling screech being drawn from her throat. All she could feel was agony. Something was wrong with the world itself. A blood vessel in her eye actually burst from strain, staining the white of that eye orange.
    In those seconds of agony, something inside Marr snapped.
    She saw Shyss fly through the door, at which the pain ceased, causing an intense wave of relief to wash over her, although her eye stung. A loud splash issued from the starboard side of the boat.

After hurriedly dashing to the deck, Marr witnessed the captain helping a bedraggled and wet Shyss onto the boat. Marr didn't feel much pity. Shyss was just wrong. Her very existence was a sham, a lie. She was a puppet to the powers she had foolishly decided to embrace.
    "Here, help me with this one, would you?" The captain was trying to drape a towel around Shyss, but Shyss' struggles and splutters were repelling his efforts. Marr reluctantly helped, but as she did, she leaned close to Shyss' ear and whispered, "You monster. I told you to avoid the Rift and now you're suffering the consequences... as am I." Marr tried as hard as she could to force a smile or some sympathy but it would take a long time for her to forgive her torturer. She stood back from Shyss, looking at her with disdain.

5. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss looked up and gestured for Saltwind to stop petting her with the towel. She stared at Marr coldy, her eyes filled with a both rage and confusion. "You... Who are you? Who are you really?"

6. Bronti97

Ferrum walks up to the deck, he needed that sleep and he didnt realise how much he needed it. as he walked up to the deck he notices Marr and Shyss staring at eachother in anger.
    "You...Who are you? Who are you really?"
    This was somthing not to be expected, this left Ferrum to think what had gone so horribly wrong that two friends could be like this?
    "GUYS, WHAT IN ALL EQUESTRIA IS GOING ON!!!!!!!" Ferrum knew that this was a little overkill by shouting but it seemed the only way to get both of their attention.

"Seriously guys, what happened to cause this? Saltwind, any ideas?"
    "I was just walking up to the dock to check everything before we set off, and i saw Shyss Splash into the water, once i helped her onto the boat these two started arguing, not sure why though." this was unlike Saltwind, it was obvious that he didnt want arguing on his boat.

7. Aethelberdia

Ignoring Ferrum's desparate intervention, Marr fixed Shyss with a steely gaze and positively hissed, "I am Maria Gheldhamr, and someone who thought they could trust you. But you've given yourself to powers you can't hope to control, and you've already caused me more agony than most see in a lifetime. You just don't care about anyone. You think only of yourself, and your pathetic religion. I am not the one you should be questioning, Shyss. You are."
    Turning to Ferrum with a slightly deranged look in her eyes, and in a pleading and desperate tone of voice, she said, "She did this to me without even thinking!" She gestured to the ochre stain spreading across her eye. "What's to say I won't wake up blind someday?" Suddenly, and to her horror, Marr began sobbing. "I can't stand it! This was all perfect. We were going to have a great time. Now I don't even trust Shyss, but at the same time I wish I could! What'm I going to do?"

8. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient watch the whole thing play out he calmly walked up to them all "I do believe they two have a past between them something about Rift I may have a solution what ever this about why not leave it in the past and say live and forgive" Patient said calmly trying to keep the peace between them both.

9. Bronti97

"I propese that you two should try to stay away from eachother until you both mature enough to say sorry to eachother, both of you are acting like little fillys, I understand that the pain may have made you to mistrust her Marr but that is no need to tell her what to do, she had no control from what I hear. And you Shyss I know you struggle to control your powers, so I recommend that you try to leave the rift magic alone for now, at least while we are on the boat." Ferrum knows that these two unicorns could do unspeakable things to him, but he knows that he has a gift for calming things down.

10. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss turned to Ferrum, "Believe it or not, I'm one of three unicorns who can control Rift magics. Kepp in mind that this boat is still a float, an inept would have destroyed it with such a spontaneous release of energy. I think I controlled everything quite nicely. So, dear Ferrum, it's best you don't delve into matters you don't fully understand."
    She then turned to Marr, "I may not have any idea who you really are, but I am sorry about what happened to your eye. Just know this, Rift magic is affected by many sources, you were the reason it sparked up on this occasion. Not me."
    Shyss exhaled, took a step back, and then started to dry herself with the towel Saltwind had given her.

11. Aethelberdia

Marr was thoroughly mystified, so much so that she almost forgot to be angry. Almost. "I am Maria Gheldhamr. What do you mean, 'who I really am'? And why are you being such a jerk to Ferrum?" There was something mad going on. "Furthermore, I don't think you're telling me everything. You must have some reason to take such a dislike to me. You're not the one who was writhing in agony." Marr sighed and thought of a friend of hers who knew quite a lot about the exotic things of the world. "If Adragis was here, she'd probably know what was going on. Pity she's-" Marr's jaw literally dropped as she saw the approaching figures, then her features rearranged themselves into a smile. "That mare's got style."

Adragis and Katrina were running late: their boat was about to leave, and Adragis wasn't going to miss this journey, especially given the questgiver. "Come on!" panted Adragis, "We're almost there!" They galloped full pelt towards the boat, practically flew over the gangplank, and landed sprawled on the floor, laughing their heads off while the onlookers gaped. "Sorry we're late, everyone," giggled Kat.

12. James Dark War

Patient had his eyes closed the whole time as they kept on arguing at each other until he screamed out "ENOUGH!" until he went quiet with wide eyes "I am sorry for that out burst" he wasn't the one for doing that he was always calm and peace but when time calls for peace then this was the only way he then saw two ponies who had jumped onto the boat "Are you okay do you need any help" he asked them nice and calm.

13. Bronti97

"Wait? Kat? What are you doing here?" Ferrum was happy the Kat had arrived because hopefully she could help to calm things down a little.
    "Hey Ferrum, i came to see you today and mercury answered the door, i asked where you were and she said on a super amazing exiting quest. that doesn't seem to be going well" Kats enthusiasm left as soon as she noticed Shyss, Saltwind, Marr and Patient. Four pony's she has never met before.
    "H...Hi. i'm k..k...Katrina Lithmore" She doesn't speak to strangers but she knew if she wanted to go on this quest she would have to get to know the people on it. she came to far to be let down by her fear of meeting new people. in fact, the only two people she knew here were Adgris and Ferrum.

14. Sir Dave of Dave

"Another pony who moves with astonishing speed." Shyss said, looking up from her drying. "No need to be shy dear," she said with a quick smile, "I'm Schismic Rift, but you may call me Shyss. Please forgive my appearance, it's been a weird day."

15. Aethelberdia

"Weird day indeed. I won't go into details. My name's Marr, or Maria, whichever you prefer." Marr gave Katrina a quick smile, then turned to Adragis. "Good to see you, I wasn't expecting you to turn up. Then again I never expect you to turn up. Adragis, this is Ferrum, and this is Shyss. Me and her have had a disagreement recently, but don't let that stop you talking to her. Apparently there were circumstances she could not control, yada yada, so she isn't actually evil." Marr didn't want to be angry in front of her friend, so decided she may as well forgive and forget. "Ferrum, this is Adragis, she's a singer. Opera or something. I'm sure you'll get along fine."

16. Bronti97

"Hi Shyss, nice to meet you" she dousent trust people this quickly but its what she has to do to stay on this quest, she galloped all this way and is not going back because of her fear. either way Kat was happy that Shyss quickly came from being angry to a calm and kind pony, welcoming her to the crew. "i was not expecting you to be here" Ferrum said with a smile.
    "to be rather honest, neither was i"
    "looks like all of us are on the deck then, wait. Where is Chaos?"

17. Aethelberdia

Chaos, it transpired, had been unconscious after Marr had whacked him over the head. He'd staggered into his room and slumped over his bed with a nasty bruise. This was discovered when an irate Marr had walked into the room, starting a lecture on how lazy and uncaring he was until she saw how he wasn't moving.
    Needless to say, Chaos wasn't too happy with being dragged on-deck, and even less happy with Marr, but he begrudgingly walked up and greeted Katrina and Adragis in turn.

While Marr was amidships, Adragis took the opportunity to introduce herself. "Hi Ferrum, hi Shyss. Hold on, what's your name?" She asked, gesturing to the black and red zebra.

18. James Dark War

"My name is Patient it is a pleasure to meet you" Patent said calmly with a smile on him and holding his hoof out to her "Welcome to the quest i am sure we will get along just fine".

19. Bronti97

"Howdy Patient, and the pleasures all mine" the more she stood on the boat, the more she realised that she is actually making friends. "So whats the plan for this quest? What is it about or what?"Kat said, since everypony was looking at her she felt obliged to say somthing and hopefully they stop talking to her and talk as a group instead
    "Ill let somepony else explain... you guys all know how useless I am at explaining things" This wasnt exactly true but he didnt really understand it himself that much.

20. Aethelberdia

"We happen to be on a search for a magical artefact known as 'The Orb'. However, it transpires that the person who wants it is a member of the Draquolian Order, so we need to be careful about whether we give it to them as they are apparently evil." Out of the corner of her eye, Marr noticed Adragis looking very uncomfortable. Dismissing it as nothing, she smiled. "Glad to have you aboard. Now. I think we'd better rearrange sleeping quarters, unless one of you want to sleep in the same room as Chaos."