1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventuring Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 16 August 2014.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"Ah," said Marr, somewhat theatrically. "That, my dear woman, is a runestone. One of several variations. I was lucky enough to take lessons from their inventor and they come in handy no matter what power source you're using. This one is a..." Marr glanced at the complicated sigil embossed on the stone's side, "a shock runestone. Might be a spare from those pistons."
    Marr smiled in the manner of one addressing a child. "Runestone is a mineral found in areas high in residual magical energy. It converts most of what touches it to pure magical energy: only things like granite, bone and steel can resist having themselves ripped apart at the molecular level, for some arbitrary reason. Of course, this is very useful in magical items but rather dangerous. So some brave people retrieve pieces, and then chisel these runes in and imbued the runes with magic, acting as a limited on the stone. This one only converts kinetic energy into magic. Like this." Marr whacked the stone on a tabletop and immediately felt a sharp pain course through her head and the taste of blood in her mouth as the stone released a massive momentary flash of energy which didn't move a thing in the room. "Aah, my head. This is getting tiresome." Despite her disorientation Marr's logic came to the conclusion that for whatever reason she had become hypersensitive to magic, hence the earlier incidents and now this. It deserved investigation. "Well, now I've explained that, what exactly do you already know about electricity?"

2. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

"Well I have heard that there was magic there wasn't sure if this is true or not" Patient said trying to think of what would be the best interesting one to talk about.

3. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

"Of course there's magic there, didn't you see it take control of me earlier?" Shyss asked, rhetorically, "Thankfully I was able to break free of it's control before anything serious happened. So yes, there is magic in the Rift, this is because the Rift is a realm of pure magic. The reason Rift magic is so dangerous is because it's alive, for lack of a better word, and it doesn't really like being controlled by others, and so it tries to control the caster. Before it can do so, it needs to weaken whoever is trying to control it, which can kill, and has killed, many lesser wizards, and quite a few great wizards."
    Shyss was glad to see that there was at least someone who was interested in what she knew, so she smiled and asked "Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

4. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

"A grand total of zip, other then i know it powers stuff"

Kat gave a smile and was unsure whether it will make Marr smile or annoyed that she has to start from scratch.

Ferrum Lay down in his cabin, thinking to himself about where this adventure will take him and the group, will it be they go on a large adventure and havre loads of fun, or will it be that they have scars by the time they leave the place.

5. James Dark War

Patient was thinking on what to say "Well if it okay if I ask you this what happen to you at Rift" he asked her.

6. Sir Dave of Dave

"What would happen if you were to enter the Rift?" Shyss contemplated the question for a second, there were many things that could happen to anypony who entered, and there were also many variables. "Well that depends on how who enters the Rift, where they are when they enter the Rift, and how long they stay in the Rift for.
    "Rift magic will only successfully work if the caster believes in themselves, likewise you could only exist in the Rift if you believe in yourself. Survival in the Rift is based on how long you can hold on to yourself for. In order to enter the Rift in the first place you have to be calm and collected, if you aren't calm and collected you could easily lose yourself, and so Nosk developed a blocking spell to stop anypony who isn't quite feeling themselves from entering.
    "Location inside the Rift is also a major factor in what would happen to you if you enter. This is usually dependent on how close you are to the Sanctuary, the only part of the Rift where any mortal creature can happily thrive. The closer you are to the Sanctuary the safer you'll be, and vice versa, but there are also malevolent pockets of energy floating around in the Rift, sometimes they are even found pressed up against sanctuary, if you wind up in one of those you'd be torn to shreds before you could even blink, Probably because your eyelids are fairly weak and you'd lose them quite early on."

Shyss let out a small laugh, she always enjoyed a bit of dark humour, "Another factor in what would happen to you would be time, just as time affects all things. The longer you are in the Rift, the more susceptible you are to it's darker energies, if they take you over, you're dead. Or worse." Shyss gave another dark smile, "Is there anything else you'd like to know?"

7. James Dark War

Patient was stunned on how much she knew about Rift as he shaken his head "Um no that actually covered all of my question i never knew you knew that much about Rift" Patient said just then he remembered about something "Oh before I forget which I always do I always kept this hidden my mother gave me it" he pulled out a small blue crystal "she said it is to catch the bad dreams and bring you good dreams in your sleep or something like that I never actually found out if it worked so I was thinking do you want You don't have to take it if you don't want it" he said holding the crystal out to her.

8. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss eyed the gem, "pretty..." she murmured to herself, she took a hold of the gem with her unicorn magic. As she held it closer she noticed it was threaded on a small chain. She smiled and tied the crystal around her neck. "Thank you, Patient," she said, graciously, "Anyway, how could you not have expected me to know as much as I do about the Rift? Being a priestess to the Ancients, I practically live in the Rift."

9. James Dark War

"It just I never meet any one to know that much about Rift nor even a priestess to the ancients other than my mother to know a lot about Rift and all the stories she told me So did you always wanted to be a priestess" He asked her while he got up to stretch himself out.

10. Sir Dave of Dave

"Not always," Shyss faintly smiled and looked back along her flank, settling on her cutie mark, "It just happened when I found myself." She looked back towards Patient, "Have I answered all your questions?"

11. James Dark War

"Yes it does thank you is there anything you want to know about me" Patient said sitting back down pulling out a small red soft ball and began throwing it in the air and catching it.

12. Sir Dave of Dave

"Honestly, I think I know all I need to know about you. It may not be much, but it's certainly enough. You don't need to worry, none of it is bad, and if you have any dark secrets I'd rather not know them, unless there is a chance that they will jeopardise this mission." Shyss smiled and returned to her writing.
    Above deck she could hear the ship's captain giving orders, and the crew running around to follow them. She only understood one phrase, it was the only one screamed loud enough to be heard below decks, "Weigh Anchor!" Captain Saltwind bellowed in his coarse voice.
    Shyss looked up from her journal, and faced Patient, "Sounds like we're about to start moving, you should tell the others, in case they didn't hear it." She smiled and turned back to her writing before Patient had a chance to respond. It was now also time for her to mentally prepare herself, she didn't much like the sea.

13. James Dark War

"Yes I will I will see you later" Patient want off to meet the other to tell them that they are now on their way he was heading towards Marr.

14. Bronti97

"And that is how you can fix a wireless microphone, pretty simple don't you think?"

"Not really, but at least i understand it now" Kat jumps and hugs Marr, finally she was able to use electric. Marr hugged Kat back, she didnt think that she could make a pony this happy by just teaching them some electricity.

"Weigh Anchor!"

"Looks like we are leaving soon, we have been here for a while thinking about it.

Ferrum arrived to tell everypony that the ship is leaving soon but notices Kat hugging Marr. Patient wasnt far behind from Ferrum so a room with previously 2 ponys became crowded pretty quick.

"Hey guys, how you doing? is Marr teaching you well?

"oh yes yes, look at what i can do" Kat picks up the wireless microphone and turns it on.

"HELLO!!!" Kats voice echos throughout the ship, everypony covered their ears, trying to stop the loud noise from hurting them. there was another loud bang as Kat covered her ears aswell and dropped the microphone, Marr jumped towards the speaker and turned it off and everypony sighed with relief.

"Ermm... sorry guys, i didnt think turning it up that loud would be... that loud"

"Haha well, at least we cant lose eachother now, we can always hear Kat. Anyway guys the ship is leaving pretty soon incase you couldnt hear Captain Saltwind"

"We cant hear much anymore" Marr says smiling towards Kat which was quickly returned

#134 Bronti97, 14 October 2014
    Last edited: 14 October 2014
  15. James Dark War

Patient had arrive at the room and saw Marr, Kat and Ferrum was there "I take it you know we are on our way" patient said after that loud noise hearing Kat voice and some loud bang.

16. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss finished writing the entry in her logbook. The Florentine was ready to set sail, and she'd rather spend the majority of the boat trip on deck, otherwise the air would get stuffy and she'd feel sick. She closed the logbook and put it neatly back into her saddlebags. She took a quick breath and got off the bed.
    As she walked through the halls she encountered the rest of the group, "I'm going up on deck," she said, "Anypony want to join me?"

17. Bronti97

"Yeah sure, ill come"

Marr will have to teach Kat some more electricity some other time, it seems like the majority of the group is moving up deck and Marr didnt want to be left behind teaching, besides it looks like she is satisfied anyway

"Do you mind if we finish this another time?"

"Yeah, i understand electricity now and how it works, you did your job"

Katrina smiled and followed the rest of the group up to the deck, Ferrum was still rather exhausted from the trip to the docks, his muscles are aching, these arent the muscles he uses to work but he can run for a long time anyway because of sport in school. as he walks up to the deck he notices the crew, hard at work to the point it made him feel invisible, to check the matter he poked Kat for confirmation and was glad a "ow" Followed.

18. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"'Ah, the sea, the waters green
    Their depths so dark an--'"
    "Adragis, stop quoting poetry. It makes us feel uneducated." said Marr.
    "Aah, sorry." Adragis blushed slightly and shut up.
    Meanwhile, Saltwind had finished yelling and turned to the group.
    "You'd better stay on deck for a bit now, get your sea legs, you know. The ship's a big affair, so if you want to be shown around her Cormac here will be glad to help." Saltwind gestured to a sandy yellow and fairly bulky Pegasus, who nodded to the group and promptly went back to tightening the various ropes.

19. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss cocked her head towards Adragis, "The Inker's Daughter! I haven't heard that poem outside of Viol before. Those of Equestria don't find it to be a pleasant one, I on the other hoof, find it quite beautiful, albeit, long." She smiled, it was nice to hear someone else quote her favourite poem, she was also glad to know that someone else appreciated it.

20. Bronti97

"Both of you are making me feel uneducated, i dont know any poems other then ones i wrote"

Kat looked at Ferrum with a confused expression with a hint of excitment.

"You write poems?"

"Yeah, in my spare time, not that they are any good though"