1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Adventuring Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Aethelberdia, 16 August 2014.

1. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Marr gave a sunny smile, glad to see everything was going smoothly after the odd incident earlier. "You'll have to tell me one sometime, Ferrum."

Adragis smiled too, pleased that she shared a favourite poem with Shyss. "Aye, the Equestrians think of naught but fun and games. 'Tis probably a wake-up call for them, a piece of literature without a joke every three lines."

2. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

"Those hailing from Equestria could do with a bit of a wake up call, but I don't think it's my place to talk about Equestrian politics, life in Viol is very different, and that holds the laws I believe in. Although I still follow all Equestria laws and traditions to help fit in." Shyss said, a weak smile forming on her face. She hated admitting to such things, but she trusted Marr, even if they did have a little fight earlier, and she also trusted Ferrum.

3. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

"If you want a wake up call, make sure you are in the same house as Mercury, she will make sure you are awake" said Ferrum jokingly.

"I'd vouch for that, i havent been in Ponyville for very long but i already know how loud she can be" said Kat, she had some experiences before with Topaz and Mercury playing previously

4. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

"Zebra laws are mighty respected but when I came to Equestria I couldn't make out the laws here but I try my best to follow them but my mother had taught me into just respecting my own kind laws but I must say I do like some of your laws" Patient said looking over the horizon with a smile on him.

5. Sir Dave of Dave

"I can agree with what you say, but I have to correct you. Those 'zebra laws' you're referring to, are actually older laws from a now supposedly extinct order." Shyss didn't know why she bothered to correct Patient there wasn't much point in doing so, but she felt it necessary. She could only hope that he didn't press her for more information.
    She looked over to the port, deckhands were just finishing up untying the ship. As the last of the ropes were undone, Shyss felt the ship start to move. The adventure was finally about to begin...

6. Sir Dave of Dave

Time skip: 5 weeks after setting sail

"LAND HO!" called a voice from above decks. Shyss looked up from Patient, who was lying unconscious in the medical bay after falling from the rigging during last weeks storm. She was relieved, it felt like she had been onboard the Florentine for over a year. It didn't help that she was assigned a job in the medical bay, but at least she wasn't assigned to be a deckhand like Patient was. She smiled and set off towards the main deck, along the way she popped into her cabin to collect her logbook, she wanted to record her first sighting of Arcadia.
    She pushed the door open and breathed in the fresh, warm air. The main deck was alive with movement, everyone was rushing to get a glimpse of Arcadia. Shyss looked over to the port-stern, towards the R.C.N Bravado, the frigate that was following them on their journey. She noticed that the frigate's deck was also full of energy, both crews seemed equally excited, although both crews had different reasons to visit Arcadia.
    The crew of R.C.N Bravado consisted of many important people from Canterlot, who were on a diplomatic mission to establish communication with Arcadia, as well as trained guards, and maybe a few more adventurers who were also seeking "The Orb". The Florentine's crew however were all traders, who had heard about the frigate's diplomatic mission and decided to tag along, originally The Florentine intended to follow the frigate, but she was a sloop which made her a faster vessel than R.C.N Bravado, as such, she took the lead. Both ships ended up being chartered by a shifty young stallion to carry adventurers/bounty hunters/mercenaries to search for "the Orb."
    Shyss looked back around, towards the starboard-bow, towards Arcadia. It was an underwhelming sight, a large portion of this side of the island was covered in a sprawling mass of dark stone buildings, roughly in the center of the mass was a larger building that must have been a palace of some form. The "palace" looked oddly familiar to Shyss, it reminded her of home. As Shyss approached the gunwale, she saw the faces of her new friends appear from below decks. She ignored them for the time-being and continued her observation. Nothing inside the city seemed to stand out, other than the "palace", it was uncanny, she decided to avert her eyes to see what was docked at the port. There was a grand total of three ships currently docked at the Arcadian city. two ships of the line, and a 4 masted barque. It was unsettling to see that all three vessels were warships.
    "Well, we're here." She said, solemnly, "Thoughts?" She wasn't fully sure whether her companions were close enough to hear her yet, but she had to ask.

7. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Marr, Ferrum, Kat and Chaos all emerge from below decks seemingly deep in conversation.

"So, that is how Mercury once saved my life"

"How was she able to know exactly what to do that quickly?"

"I have no idea, her reactions are too fast for me to comprehend."

They begin their approach to Shyss as she looks intriguingly into the distance, as if she was trying to decipher a code.

"Well, we're here. Thoughts?"

Ferrum and Katrina look into the distance to what was known as Arcadia, it gives off quite an eerie vibe which makes Ferrum instantly worried about the people that he is going to try and talk to in Arcadia.

"
    Cant say that I'm looking forward to it, cant we just get back on the boat and go on holiday?"

"Wow, Scaredy cat." Kat wasn't looking forward to the journey ahead either, but tried to seem confident nevertheless.

8. Sir Dave of Dave

Shyss couldn't agree more with Ferrum, Arcadia looked off, and that scared her. She didn't let that put her off, afterall, she had been through worse while travelling through the rift so she readied her journal on the gunwale, and began writing her first thoughts. She wrote down everything that came to mind, and even drew a few pictures of the town, the ships and the "palace". More than anything she included how she felt, Arcadia was emitting some harsh magical energy, and she could feel it from several kilometers away. Her rift magic made her more vulnerable to this than to an average unicorn, but Shyss had observed some peculiar reactions to magic from Marr. She flicked back through her journal to the time she fell off the boat, making a few mental notes.
    "Marr?" she asked without looking up, "What are your thoughts?"

9. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Marr falls off the boat and drowns because Heartless is bad at posting
    "I can't really say... that place isn't exactly giving my headache a rest, but it looks fairly standard. Kinda like Ghalzheim, with less poverty."
    Her brow (or the equine equivalent) furrows as she stares off into the distance. It wasn't a comfortable experience, with the latent magical energy pressing down on her like a giant smothering blanket. She still needed to work out why it did that.
    Furthermore, despite her rather laconic observations, something was slightly off even with the way the place looked: it wasn't grim, dark, or foreboding, but she'd be damned if it didn't SEEM like it should be. In a way, it was too nice, like some sort of poisonous flower.
    "Any idea why it's so, uh, weird?"

10. Sir Dave of Dave

"There are two things that make it weird that I notice," Shyss closed her journal and turned to face the others. "The most obvious thing is the colour of the stone, Equestrian buildings are usually made of lighter stones and woods, but all of these are made from a dark stone. It's nothing serious, it's just not something we're used to. The second thing is less obvious, it's surrounded by magical energy. Marr, I'm sure you noticed it, and I'm also sure the rest of you can feel it, but not fully understand what you're feeling, adding to Arcadia's... Weirdness."
    Shyss looked down towards the decking, there was something else that bothered her, the Palace, or whatever it was. She had decided to label it a palace because that seemed like the most logical thing it could be, but she recalled a had a strange feeling it could also be the Arcadian Archives. The Syrinx believed knowledge was power, and so built massive temples to hold their vast archives. One such temple existed on Viol, which has since been reclaimed and repurposed by the Thulian Order. All other temples were believed to be destroyed, had this one been rebuilt?
    No.
    Even if this was once a Temple of Syrinx, there is no way it could still contain such vast quantities of information. Chances are it has been rebuilt as a palace, or a cathedral. Shyss knew that she should start her search there, she'd be able to recognize Syrinxian stonework if she was able to get close enough. if the original building was destroyed, the most valuable information would have been destroyed with it. Maybe some of the basement floors survived.
    Shyss looked back up to the others, "I'm not convinced our original plan will work, give me a few minutes, I'll have a plan ready before we make port." She said, before turning and dashing below decks to her cabin.

11. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patient woken slowly as he found himself in a bed as he got up slowly his head did spin a little but after a couple of minutes it stop as he slowly walked to go outside for some fresh air.

He was out said he saw almost was there and they were all in a harbour of some sort “hi what happened to me and how long was I out for" he asked.