1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Age of Harmony Pen & Paper Roleplaying Game

Discussion in 'Games & Development' started by Swift, 2 August 2014.

1. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Updates 16/08/15:

Expanded Races handbook released! Find it here.

Adventures in Equestria handbook updated! Find it here.

Discord server now online! Join us here.

[​IMG]

What is Age of Harmony?

Age of Harmony is a Campaign Setting for the Pathfinder Pen & Paper Role Playing Game. Take Pathfinder, add ponies, and you've pretty much got it!

Whats the gist?
    Based on the concept of high adventure in Equestria and beyond, it's a massively expanded version of the 'Canon' universe we all know and love. The finished campaign setting will give enterprising DMs a well furnished toolbox full of detail on every aspect of the world, whether they're just planning on a sweet slice-of-life in Ponyville or a grand campaign of intrigue and adventure that spans the globe.

Where can I get it?
    Right here! Until further notice these are freely available, I'll add to this section whenever anything new is released:
    Adventures in Equestria - The base 'quickstart' handbook, includes the pony races and misc rules.
    Expanded Races - The second handbook, adds six new player races to diversify your parties.

Where are you going from here?
    On the 'fluff' side of the setting, I've been writing a fair bit about the home countries of all these player races, so I'll be publishing all the details to really flesh out the world.
    On the 'crunch' side, I know just the thing that needs to come next - stay tuned!

How can I stay updated?
    The best place is probably out Discord server, which you can join with this link: https://discord.gg/0uHm92qeZMjLRGP9
    The blog can be found at http://www.ageofharmony.com/
    If you'd like to get in touch, you can send a message through the website or to our email!

This thread is here for any discussion relating to Age of Harmony, and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions or clarify any queries that people may have.

#1 Swift, 2 August 2014
    Last edited: 12 April 2016
  2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

I'm only interested if it involves a large amount of epic loot.
    And dwarves.
    And combat.
    And dragon slaying.
    ...this isn't really my kind of role playing game, is it :p

3. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Well that all depends on your DM - Have you partaken in Pen & Paper/Tabletop RPGs before? We're making sure the system is as flexible as possible, allowing for plots as simple and complex, as violent or as peaceful as you like.

Combat and Dragon Slaying, yeah we've got plenty of that (though Dragons would tend to keep to themselves so I'll not ask what you're doing slaying them.) Dwarves less so, but the beauty of a system like this is that if you like you could just import the entire dwarven race into Equestria wholesale and see what happens.

4. Aethelberdia

I've played many tabletop RPGs.
    Shadowrun, Rifts, Dungeons and Dragons, and a little Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader.

...Importing Dwarves into Equestria would make them very friendly with the dragons, I'm guessing: Dwarves mine a lot of gems, etc. However, Dwarves might be a little stingy about giving away stuff.
    Either way, looks like a good thing for me to do, if I can get there.
    Which I won't.
    I'll try and get involved somehow. It's too interesting to give up on.

5. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Rogue Trader, definitely one of my favourites!

That is true, though I think they'd get along well with ponies too - have you seen how many gems Rarity uses in her dressmaking? ;D

Thanks for saying so - and while we're hosting several games at the convention itself, we're going to be releasing the booklet we're using at the con in PDF form. It's nowhere near the full thing of course, we're still working on that - but it'll have enough to get started running or playing a pony game of your own ;D

6. Aethelberdia

If, that is, I can find any bronies to play it with.
    Or over the internet.
    It seems legit :p

7. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Well I use Roll20 myself - I should possibly add the details to the header post o:

http://roll20.net/ - basically its an online virtual tabletop, pretty awesome for running pen & paper games with people all over the world. As for finding people to play, well roll20 has a "looking for group" forum, though its rather varied - I've also put a "Looking for group" forum on the Age of Harmony community website. It's not exactly crowded yet, but give it time ;D

8. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Alright! Confirmed that the booklet will be all printed for the convention. We should have enough, I'd expect - but if all else fails, we're releasing the digital version at the start of the con.

During the process of making the booklet fit for printing, a few things got cut - this little snippet was going to be on the inside of the front cover, and I thought it'd be a shame to just dump it and forget it - so imma post it here! ;D

[​IMG]

Also, BUCK is in a week asdasdasdasd

9. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Books achieved! Spoilered because huge images!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Been meaning to post in here for ages, I'm part of a large group that regularly plays Roleplaying Is Magic over Skype, often multiple times a week and while only four of us are going to BUCK, we're really interested to check out Age of Harmony. Hopefully we'll be able to get a game or at least watch at some point over the weekend!

11. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Well we've got two sessions going on, one on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. Since we've had to turn people away both years before this one, I'm also bringing physical copies of our 'Quickstart Rules' - the BUCK Edition, you could say - and if I run out of those then I'll have cards with the URL to download the PDF version on 'em ;D

12. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Huzzah! BUCK was a success, people had fun and it was all groovy. The area was great, and we had enough space for most of the people that turned up -http://i.imgur.com/reF4sY2.jpg

For anyone who didn't make it, the download URL is below - and will be posted around our various sites soon: http://derpy.me/aie

Enjoy, and let us know what you think! Either here, or at our community site at http://ageofharmony.enjin.com

13. Servant Phoenix

Servant Phoenix Free hugs

Thank you for making the game! I always wanted to try out D&D, but could never find either the people or the material. Thanks to you, I could try out Age of Harmony at BuckCon, and it was really fun!

Also, I have practically fallen in love with your Harmonist class, and it inspired me to come up with a story idea:
    http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/368577/story-idea-the-diary-of-a-harmonist

Pexpy and Swift like this.
  14. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

I arrived to late to join in on the Saturday. I was given a signed business card so that i would get priority on sunday, but unfortunately i was too busy in the CCG event. :(

15. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

Well we're getting a community site moving so that people can find games - it exists already at ageofharmony.enjin.com, though its still early doors ;D

Also Phoenix, thats pretty cool ;D

Servant Phoenix likes this.
  16. Pexpy

Pexpy New Pony

That's awesome; glad you had fun!

I like the story idea, it's an interesting take on the class. Love how cons inspire so much creativity; I got back into drawing something fierce and there's no end in sight :)

(Had to create a new account after I changed my name a few months back >.>)

Servant Phoenix likes this.
  17. Swift

Swift Master of Dungeons

A quick update for everyone - The errata has been updated on the main download, so any subsequent downloads should be correct and up to date.

Also, we've expanded the community site forum with a Roleplaying section for those looking to start or play in Play By Post games, thanks to a suggestion.

18. FrizzyBrony

I managed to get in on one of the games on Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially since we had the genius idea of throwing our eartpony fighter at the doors as a battering ram.
    An experience that i now hope to start with my tabletop pals here in Spain, also cant wait to see what else you guys produce to add into the wage of harmony world~

19. Evangel

Evangel Pony

I have never actually played a tabletop RPG before but would really like to give something like this a spin! How often does this happen?

20. FrizzyBrony

Actually, just curious, since i want to start AoH with my group. Which character sheet would you advise using? or do you have a special custom one to use, and if so could i get a copy :)