1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Suggestion An idea that came to mind.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Blaze_Midnight, 24 August 2014.

1. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Ok so... I had an idea that given all the arguing about things from a certain roleplay.. people don't seem to be enjoying things... the roleplays seem to serious and that isn't what roleplay is about at all... So I propose a new sort of roleplay..

Hide and Seek!!!!

Starting out possibly with a map being drawn up. Having multiple sections for different habitats, (Urban, forest/ jungle, plains, desert, volcano, ect) Each area then having a grid drawn up on it... kinda like battle ships I guess (so for example in D6 of the forest biome there could be a small cave hidden behind a waterfall)

Seekers have to try and find the hiders and to make it fair, clues can be left that the GM's will place in a location where the seekers can find it for when the hiders are in the same area. So in the snow biome there could be a boot left bhind that peeks up slightly out of the snowy ground.

GM's can also make out that the weather may not be quite what it seems... so Jungle could have it as heavy rain that makes it difficult to see, so obviously you might wanna take shelter till it passes. But this could lead you to find a place that could lead to another area if followed.

The idea is that roleplayers form small teams. If you want to use multiple characters then they will need to be separate so as to form interaction between multiple different personalities and provide unperdictability.

There will be 1 or 2 GM's who know about the locations of where the hiders go. This means that each team needs to keep intouch with each other and agree with what it is they are planning and also keep a GM up to date with where they are or what place they are in. This is to avoid cheating obviously... can't have players deciding to be in the forest one moment and then go into the volcanic area the next.

When found, players then join the seekers and doing so will expand the area they are able to cover.

Ok, taking into account that this is just an idea. I would like feedback for what you all think of this. It'll take alot of planning to sort out and get going. But it could be interesting to see how things play out after some more planning and ideas are thrown in.

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Mad. Just mad.
    I like that.
    This system could actually come in useful behind the scenes of some RPs (like trying to track down a certain NPC or sommat)
    I support this.

3. Fridge

Fridge Live, Learn, Laugh, Love.

I'm in, I think I'll use Rose for this one. A suggestion I have is to treat this a little like a tabletop roleplay. I mean we have a map already so I'm thinking why not role for certain things. Like if Rose wanted to look for clues she could use a magnifying glass and then I'd roll to see if she finds something. :)

What'd you guys think?

4. Blaze_Midnight

Making it something that everyone does interms of dice rolls could be worth while really... not every plan will work out... and rolling a 1 next to a river only for a croc to come out of the water and chase you back to where you came from would be amusing XD.

Aethelberdia likes this.
  5. Fridge

Adds an element of randomness, but it will require everyone involved to be honest about the rolls they make.

6. Blaze_Midnight

Yup that is true.... but constantly rigging 15+ on a d20 or a 5 or 6 on a d6 kinda makes the game boring... 14 and below (or 1,2,3 or 4 on a d6) probably adds the most fun to it.. as bad things could happen that makes it more of a challenge.

7. Fridge

Come on guys join in the fun, let's take roleplaying to its roots... Kinda.

8. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Yep.
    I actually have a set of gold-plated dice (d4, d6, d20 etc.) :p
    but I guess some pony could embed a dice roller or something?

9. Blaze_Midnight

I have another idea that will almost guarentee everyone needing to take character creation alot further, and dice rolls will be needed.. but i wanna see what sort of feedback I get on this before I can suggest the other idea.

10. Bronti97

Bronti97 Double Rainbow??? what does it mean?

Im down with this :) seems confusing but once its up and running, it could be awesome :)

11. Fridge

So that's a possible 3. What are we call the limit of players at? I'm thinking 8 at most.

12. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

I'm unsure as to what to think about this...

13. Fridge

Well remember we're still hammering out ideas, some stuff may just be too confusing. Right now though I think of it as a cross between battleship, tabletop roleplaying and our own.

14. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

I'll give it a go when it's implemented :3 might be a good time to use Ani :D

Fridge likes this.
  15. Fridge

An open mind is always good :)

16. Bronti97

I agree with george :)

17. Fridge

If you have any suggestions etc though feel free to post them up.

18. Bronti97

Im not understanding it much but im sure it will come clear when it begins to unravel.

19. Blaze_Midnight

Ok so... If I can get a full map sorted and maybe a map of one of the locations sorted over the next few days, it may give you all a basic idea that's a bit clearer than what I types up before.. I'll see what I can do.

20. Sharpster25

Sharpster25 Honorary Pony

Sweet I'm up for this.

I can already hear the twins giggling....