1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Video Analysis Bronies

Discussion in 'Flash and Video' started by Mystic Mind, 28 April 2016.

1. Mystic Mind

Mystic Mind Recognised Pony

Analysts are members of the MLP fandom that tend to take a deeper look at the episodes of the show; discussing themes, tropes, and generally evaluate the qualities of the show that make it so worthwhile!

On youtube, I am the Nightmare Rider: Mage of Mind, a title I chose to represent my knowledge of the show's lore and how I can deconstruct the episode's themes to look into exactly and why each episode is effective at telling the story it aims to present.

While I am certainly not unique in this regard, I think this will be a good thread to talk about MLP Analysts on youtube, as well as your own videos, if you choose to produce them!

My inspirations are from the likes of Doctor Wolf, Silverquill, Voice of Reason, Digibro (who is no longer involved in the fandom) and Commander Firebrand. All of these wonderful people encourage and help me to shape my own ideas about what make MLP:FiM an amazing show to discuss!

I look forward to what everypony else has to say on this subject =3.

Patrick Rowberry likes this.
  2. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

I kept up with pony analysis for a while back in s3 when an analyst called byter was around :p
    So I looked him up just now and found a DA about him and remembered old fandom drama :3
    mmm olden pony analysis drama
    I like the video :3

much as I like pony, the idea of Starlight blaming cutie marks has always struck me was very tacked on and silly :p having her as Cutie marx and hating difference was a brilliant idea but if only she could have been left like that and not spoil a great character :( Twi could have a different pupil! A great and powerful pupil :D

I agree that Starlight + Sunburst were the best bits of the ep

3. Patrick Rowberry

Patrick Rowberry waits for series 9 of robot wars

4. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I followed the MLP analysts in past more so than I do now; I particularly followed them closely whilst season 4 was airing. You had the likes of Digibrony, Bronycurious, Antony C, TBBBAP, and later on the introduction of guys like Silver Quill and Doctor Wolf.

The line between 'reviewing' and 'analysing' was often rather blurry in these type of videos. I generally found the former more interesting, as analysis usually involves revealing things which you wouldn't otherwise notice. On the contrary, just hearing someone say "I don't like this episode because the writing's predictable etc.." doesn't do much for me.

My favourite of the bunch would probably be 'Drowning in Horseshoes'. I can't link to any of his stuff because it contains a lot of NSFW content, but his videos generally combine a very entertaining presentation style with very deep and interesting analysis.

More recently I lost track of them, partly because a few of the people I followed stopped creating videos, and partly because I spend time on other things like blind commentaries.

CuldeeFell likes this.