1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. Ecthelion_Yuda

Ecthelion_Yuda King of Games

One moment please...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. AsHeRz

AsHeRz Super Duper Mega Ultimately Kawaii School Girl

This pleases me. A lot.

3. AsHeRz

NNN'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW such an adorable episode.
    She looks so kawaii in a yukata/kimono.

Ending: *GASP* WHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTT?!?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHYYYYY!?!?
    I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO KISS!

Komaeda likes this.
  4. Komaeda

Komaeda add me on msn

KURONEKOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE TOO FREAKING CUTE

That end though. What the hell is going on now? KuronekoxKousaka is obviously the best, don't break up!

ThatKidAsHeRz likes this.
  5. Ecthelion_Yuda

So I was leafing through the copy of NEO I bought last week (again) and I noticed something that I hadn't before. Apparently, Asobi Ni Iku Yo (Cat Planet Cuties) got released in the UK a few weeks ago.
    Time to go DVD shopping...

6. Nytheris

Nytheris Honorary Pony

Attack on Titan is just getting better every episode :O
    I think watching the anime gives a better experience but I'm so impatient, I'm getting tempted to read the manga...

ThatKidAsHeRz likes this.
  7. Ecthelion_Yuda

Word of warning. Once you read the manga, everything that happens in the upcoming episodes will not be as incredible (since you will have already seen the many and multifarious twists and turns that the plot has in store). Take it from someone who HAS read the manga..

8. Soarin'Eagle

Soarin'Eagle Bath Bronies All Pro Drink Team

Rewatching Umineko no Naku Koro ni...

Oh my...

9. Nytheris

Nytheris Honorary Pony

Yeah, that's why I don't want to read it, because I want to experience it in the anime first. But I'm just so impatient and a week is a long time to wait between episodes :(

10. Komaeda

Komaeda add me on msn

Okay. Finally finished Railgun S1, and I've caught up with Railgun S.

I would write something about how I found it but I'm still feeling half-asleep and I can't decide on what I should say about it. I can't remember watching any series this quickly in a very long time though.

I can't decide whether it's going in my top 5 or top 10 though. I'll have to wait until S has finished airing.

HIkari likes this.
  11. Atomic Phoenix

Atomic Phoenix Only 19.4% insane

Finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, in dub. It took an episode or two to get used to but it was pretty good most of the time I must admit, some more dramatic lines from minor characters sounded terrible but all in all I'll accept it as a good example of a dub. Oh and the anime itself is still really good, if anyone here gets curious about the Naruto/Bleach genre but doesn't want to go near those ones in particular then FMA is a perfect example of how to do that genre well.

I was getting worried about Attack on Titan and where it was going. Last episode was a big relief for that.

Oh, and I started re-watching Madoka, managed to pause after 3 eps with a thought:
    I was left wondering why Homura hasn't, in her many attempts at re-playing history, managed to save Mami for help in the final fight. Unless she deliberately lets Mami die in order to try and scare Madoka out of making the contract. Which is kind of a horrible thing to do.

12. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Go read "The Different Story" manga.
    It was originally based on one of the writers thinking "what if Mami survived?" Basically it goes into Kyoko and Mami's backstories. I'm not exactly sure where it diverges, but Homura does offer to team up with Mami at one point. Furthermore, we aren't shown all of her rewinds. Other options must have presented themselves at times, and I'm sure Homura took them.

Edit with further thoughts: Besides, it's implied that Homura attempts to save them all in her first rewind. The entire point is that the world of Madoka Magica is a zero-sum game until Madoka changes the rules: if you save one person, you lose another. Thus saving Mami doesn't make a great degree of sense - Homura has seen how fragile she is mentally, it makes much more sense to team up with someone like Kyoko or even to try to go it alone.

#2112 Empress, 29 May 2013
    Last edited: 29 May 2013
  13. Nosnibormada

Nosnibormada Music and anime fiend

Just finished watching Chuunibyou. It's just so freaking cute, funny, and heartfelt that I couldn't help but love it. I even thought the male lead was cute, which is a first in my experience so far. Plus the overall message of it is very nice and positive; I'm sure we've all been through a phase like Eighth-Grader Syndrome and wanted to forget it, but that doesn't mean that we should lose track of who we are and forget to have fun. I'll be waiting for Season 2 to come around, that's for sure.

Next up, Serial Experiments Lain. From what I've heard, I'm in for a total treat of a mind****.

14. AsHeRz

"YUUUUUTTAAAA". The line that stole my heart :3

That anime is also lined up from my list. I heard you need to watch it multiple times to understand it fully, probably twice for me.

15. Nosnibormada

Nosnibormada Music and anime fiend

And their big hug in the sunset, that just set off all the "d'aww" alarms in my head. ω

I'm not even bothered about trying to understand it, in all honesty. I love that feeling when you're totally lost in a film, or piece of music, or whatever else, and you don't quite know what's happening, but you just know that you like it. Hopefull Lain will do just that.

16. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Just started watching Ergo Proxy. Finished the first two episodes and thoroughly enjoyin it. The animation is smooth, the soundtrack sits somewhere between DeathNote and Terminator for me (nice use of Radiohead for the ending theme too) and the story so far seems well constructed and intriguing. So, huzzah.

17. AsHeRz

Since I have a 23" computer monitor, instead of my usual anime streaming, I download in 1080p: Yuru Yuri Season 2, Shingeki no Kyojin, Guilty Crown, Baccano, Serial Experiments Lain and Hayate no Gotoku Season 2 + Movie.
    It's... it's so beautiful :3
    Looks like I'm sorted for a while, unless I marathon it.

18. Komaeda

Komaeda add me on msn

Was the whole series worth watching? I remember watching the first couple of eps, but the main character really annoyed me and in the end I just forgot about it. Should I finish it?

19. AsHeRz

I er, haven't seen it. Just downloaded it, but my friend says it's worth watching, so I guess you should.

20. Komaeda

Komaeda add me on msn

Heh, I kind of forgot about that. ^^; Well, tell me what it's like after you finish it. :3