1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Your Lie in April is kinda nice so far. Beautifully drawn. It's a romance though so it'll probably make me cry at some point, it's just a case of hoping for beautiful tears instead of sad ones!

2. Ashfire

Ashfire New Pony

your lie in april is my most anticipated this season, but mostly because i'm a musical pony~

3. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

haven't even tried it actually... i said i was going to at least try most of the season's stuff and then haven't, i got distracted by obsessing over Grisaia

and the second seasons of Psycho Pass, Log Horizon, YowaPeda and Mushishi Zoku Shou... and another Ufotable Fate/ adaptation

YuYuYu is the last one i'm likely to try

4. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

I will perhaps have a look at YuYuYu if I see it on crunchyroll, but I won't go out of my way. I have more than enough on my plate already at the moment, especially if SAO gets good again which is a distinct possibility now that Phantom Bullet + recap episode are out of the way.

5. Ashfire

Ashfire New Pony

Durarara season 2 is next season, so I have to find time this season between seasonals and catching up to naruto to watch the first season of that. I hear that's real good.

6. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

I recommend you check out Baccano before Durarara if you haven't already. It's from the same studio but is only the one season, and is kind of a spiritual prequel. Of sorts.

7. Ashfire

Ashfire New Pony

Alright, I'll put that on my list. I hope I have time 0.0

8. WelshPony

WelshPony Habitual Pony

9. Ashfire

Ashfire New Pony

Sailor moon is still on that list.. I couldn't make it through two episodes of it when it started last season... I've already dropped Terre Formars, but I like Parasyte so far. I watched a few minutes of girlfriend beta, but I don't think I'm picking it up. Sword Art Online is like the most over rated anime that's actually still ok ever, so I kind of have to watch it, and i'm not really objecting. I didn't see Yowamushi pedal 1,so I'm not watching 2. I don't think magic kaito or g-reco are on crunchy roll, so I can't pick those up. I've never seen a fate/ series before, but from what I hear, i'm in for a treat with fate/stay night. I know seven deadly sins is on my list, but I don't remember if I've already seen the first episode..

Well, that's my thoughts on the list, I guess.

Edit:
    In other news, I think Akatsuki no Yona is gonna win my favorite music this season.

#4229 Ashfire, 18 October 2014
    Last edited: 18 October 2014
  10. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Akatsuki no Yona is virtually the only thing I haven't tried this season. OK, that's not actually true, but I am watching so many that it really does feel like it.

You know I just got a new job which will involve an hour long train commute. Maybe it's time I got a tablet so I can keep up with my anime there... hmm.

11. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

except Durarara is actually better

it doesnt really make much difference which way round you watch them, although there are a couple of cool little references and such youll get if you watch Baccano first
    of course SAO made the list, although tbh i dont think it should be allowed on account of not actually starting this season

and the fact it's rubbish, but yeah

Girlfriend seems more popular over there, but then again it's an adaptation of a mobile game that's JP-exclusive so that might not be surprising

i must say though that i was surprised to see Nanatsu no Taizai top the list... i mean it's good, but it's not -that- good. those sorts of polls always tend to be a bit skewed though
    that's how i watch already-aired series, load 'em onto the tab and use my half-hour commute and hour lunch :p
    the status of this Fate/ series is a bit odd. it's an adaptation of the second route from the original VN. the first route was (sorta) adapted ten years ago, but rather... badly. the studio this time are much better and are already doing a better job, but you might want to watch the original season anyway, despite how bad an adaptation it is.

really, i'd recommend playing the VN and completing all three routes, but that isn't to everyone's taste.

12. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

I prefer Baccano. Hard to say how much of that is just from dat OP though.

I checked out the first episode of that and have never dropped anything faster. Sometimes I worry whether I just like anything with cute girls doing stuff in it and this was a nice reminder that I do actually have standards. Dull characters and constantly missing the mark when it came to being funny.

Blonde foreign girl was quite nice but she's no Karen.

SHIROBAKO on the other hand continues to surpass my expectations. An anime about making an anime. Brilliant. Episode 2 spent half the episode around a conference table arguing about a character's animation, and it managed to be quite compelling.

13. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

i prefer dat ED

also Durarara has some of the best OPs/EDs

Trust Me, Uragiri no Yuyake, Butterfly...

dropped that on the basis couldn't be bothered

my final list of stuff being watched this season (not including 2nd seasons) is

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works
    Grisaia no Kajitsu
    Inou-battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de*
    Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu*
    Nanatsu no Taizai*
    Amagi Brilliant Park*
    Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai*

*subject to dropping if they turn bad

and possibly YuYuYu if i ever get around to watching the first ep

14. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Well, it's only taken 14(.5) episodes, but SAO is finally getting good again! Proper cast of characters? Check. Interesting world? Check. Quest of a suspiciously grand scale that must be more than it seems? Check!

Really does make me feel even more retrospectively disappointed about the entire first half of the season though.

15. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Sounds promising (@: I haven't seen today's episode yet. I just wish they'd stop damselling the female leads )@:

16. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

Damselling, what are you talking about? It's not like they took the lead character and primary love interest and just put her in a bird cage for half a season. That would just be silly.

:rolleyes:

Pigasus likes this.
  17. Ashfire

Ashfire New Pony

18. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Oh Momo-chan :3
    uploadfromtaptalk1413654586045.jpg
    And the antagonist had the same plan for Sinon in S2

19. WelshPony

WelshPony Habitual Pony

If the animation was bothering you, don't worry they fixed them for the DVD's.
    http://i.imgur.com/U4Jakp5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xOcoUVg.jpg

(By the way today's episode was fantastic!)

20. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!