1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Anime

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by XBPonyA, 14 March 2012.

1. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

[​IMG]

Bellzor likes this.
  2. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

You killed my phone with this GIF earlier.

[​IMG]

Empress likes this.
  3. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

[​IMG]

4. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Well the words are pretty similar...

5. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

okay @Magpie... Utawarerumono. the most recent episode was quite interesting. or should i say, the preview of the next ep. very interesting indeed...

6. Magpie

I must remain strong willed, I cannot watch any anime until I finish Stella's Dungeon and 100 Million Credits on Rebirth;2.
    I will have to get back to you on this. :p

[​IMG]

7. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

ahaha 100%ing?

8. Magpie

Roger roger, I never got round to fully finish rebirth; 2 as there was something about it that kept putting me off. Had a sudden burst of determination today and these two achievements (one now though) are the last hurdles.

Edit: Now I remember, it was all these chapter dependent dungeon plans - the number of new game+s I have done just to get all of them has been a right pain.

#5208 Magpie, 23 January 2016
    Last edited: 24 January 2016
  9. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

you're far more dedicated than me, i haven't 100%d any of them :p in fact i can count the number of games ive 100%d in the past 10 years on one hand...

also the avatar change looks suspiciously like the new ep to me xD

10. Magpie

Okay I finally got round to watching it @Empress - the bromance was real this week.
    That and I never expected that I would learn the secret to naked dancing in this way.

va1HRX81.png

Now there was something previously with how Haku's personality was presented in other episodes which I did not like, some of his behavior did not really seem to have any meaning beyond 'I am lazy so leave me alone'.
    I really liked how this week the writers took that idea and revisited it with Haku worrying about the changes of war and how he didn't want the people from his comfort zone changing into new personalities (as they were shown on the battlefield). It was just quite nice to be able to empathise with him this week. xD

I am interested what that satellite thing is, looks to be some form of weapon. I think some real bombs are going to drop next week - it almost feels like the Utawarerumono universe is being observed like a case study...

[​IMG]

Just like previously you all had a 'best pouter', Nekone gives the 'best disappointed look'.

It was only because I did the first rebirth to 100% with ease that I decided that I would do the same for the other two, generally I do not end up 100% games so I am sure our counts are very similar. :p

11. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

haha i must admit i always sympathised with Haku in that respect because he felt a lot like me... xD but yeah it's definitely nice to see the depth of character there
    for a shot that gives so little away it certainly suggests something... the question is what it's suggesting. given that humans escaped underground after contaminating the planet, is it also possible they escaped to outer space and are now redirecting their attention? idk.

the other interesting thing was the scan of the human body that was shown - i wonder if we're going to get some reveals soon about Haku's body
    i loved the reactions to her disappointed look, knocked the Generals for six :p
    aahh fair enough, i did actually mean to 100% rebirth but then rebirth 3 arrived and i never got round to it... maybe i should revist it. eh.

Magpie likes this.
  12. GameBreakerMills

GameBreakerMills Guardian of Harmony

Who's watched sayonara zetsubou sensei?

13. Britpoint

Britpoint 私、きになります!

I have not. What's it about? Is it good? I'm always on the lookout for more anime because at present it only consumes 25 hours of every day.

Pigasus likes this.
  14. SRainboom

SRainboom The Girl With The Most Cake

Watching RWBY volume 1- I know it's not technically anime and the animation is a bit poopy but I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

Then after that I'm continuing with Cowboy Bebop and watching the final 4 episodes of Lucky Star (I don't want it to end!)

Bellzor and Wonderbolt like this.
  15. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Remember there's an OVA!

SRainboom likes this.
  16. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

me me me
    it's kinda difficult to describe... basically it's about a depressed teacher and his group of strange students, and it revolves around them discussing things (mostly in quite a cynical light). i suppose it could be termed a dark comedy. it is pretty funny.

also it's animated by Shaft, which should give you some idea of what it's like

17. GameBreakerMills

GameBreakerMills Guardian of Harmony

I see it as one of the better anime out there. Just feels obscure

18. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

on a somewhat related subject... i just started watching Joshiraku, the original manga was by the same guy as Zetsubou Sensei. didn't even realise actually, just felt like watching it

it's somewhat hit and miss because it's based around references and puns which obviously makes it difficult for westerners to appreciate... but when the jokes hit, they're flipping hilarious

also, it has one of the best EDs haha

it's actually better with the original ED animation because it fits so well... but that'll do

19. Magpie

And I have gone back to revisit Cardcaptor Sakura so that I can cleanse the American Cardcaptors from my childhood memories. :p

20. Starscream759

Starscream759 Honorary Pony

Cardcaptor Sakura? Whoa we're talkin' like ol' school there. That would've been one of my first exposures to Anime in general that along with the Pokemon, Dragonball Z and maybe a bit of Yu Yu Hakusho.